Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Elva's 28mm Warband WIP

Started by Elva, August 17, 2010, 05:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elva

This is my work on Elva and her warband so far. Some of them still need more work, but I figured I could get the best advice from you guys. There are seven models, but I'm going to take two out once I finish them up and make their backstories and sheets. Sorry if some of them aren't painted very well, I'm still learning and trying out techniques. Hope they're not too too bad ;) Enjoy!

Master Sergeant Machs

Inquisitor Elva

Biologist/Doctor(still need a name, not sure if those are the correct 40k terms as well)

Praetorian Officer(needs name as well as a some trimming up)

Space Cardinal(Needs a name, his title is more of a joke)

Marksman Kaede

Officer Cadet(needs name once again)

"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"

MarcoSkoll

Sorry, but there's only much I can say about those, because the lighting is pretty bad. The problem is that you're taking the pictures with a bright light source in the background and poor foreground lighting, and that's changing the camera's exposure so all the foreground elements are indistinctly dark.

There are some interesting poses, but you'll need to retake the pictures if you want any more useful advice than that.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Elva

Hope they are better this time. I edited the original post.

RobSkib

You really should base them, or at least tidy up their bases - it makes a whole world of difference, and makes the model look finished rather than a perpetual WIP.

I quite like Elva, I don't know which order you did the model/drawing, but they're very faithful to each other! Plus, you can't see her pointy ears underneath all that hair, so that's a plus too :P

Is Elva a very militaristic Inquisitor? She seems to have lots of Imperial Guard following her about - not that it's a problem, the largest warband in my collection has a dozen or so guardsman following an Inquisitor about (54mm, of course ;) ), but I would quite like to see a bit of variance. The Praetorian officer is a nice touch, but it would be nice to see him converted a bit more, just to set him apart from a regular rank'n'file trooper.

The Space Cardinal however has some REAL potential - I say give him a hood and call him an Astropath!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Elva

I am planning on making their bases more interesting, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Hehe, glad she went over so well, and you hit the nail on the head, she is as military as they come, being a brilliant tactician and all. I also did the drawing after the model, however her hair and face where long designed before I thought of using her.

Hmmm, an Astropath eh? That'd be pretty cool. It'd also work nicely since she's radical. He's probably the conversion I've gotten the best feedback on. I'm pretty glad I stuck those high elf dragon mage and archer bitz with that pistol and guard head.

The Praetorian I don't want to do much to, apart from touching up, since it took me years to find him and he's sort of a relic now. And I'm happy with the colour scheme for the most part, I was aiming for a combination of Zulu War Redcoat and maybe Royal Mounted Police with the pants,which I might change.

Thanks for the feedback! Its a real confidence booster.

Dexter

Yay, more 28mm work!   ;D
I'm working on a, Inquisitor with a militaristic retinue as well.  If you want to add some really characterful models to your squad, take a look at the Vostroyan models.  They have a lot of individuality to them, and look like they could pass as soldiers, mercenaries, Inquisitor acolytes, and even members of the Mechanicum (the ones with the masks anyway).
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.