Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Check out what I just won

Started by Kresten, August 23, 2010, 02:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kresten

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INQUISITOR-SCALE-CHIMERA-ARMOURED-PERSONNEL-CARRIER-/350385784195?pt=UK_Toys_Wargames_RL

I took a bit of a gamble with it, not so sure about the quality of painting, but the modelling looks good but either way I'd say it was a good buy.

If anyone has seen it before or has any other pics of it I'd be most appreciative
"A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn"

Shannow

What a bargain! Definitely love to see some more pics of this when you get your hands on it, looks sweet!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Heroka Vendile

superb. yet another emphasis of the true size of tanks in the 41st millennium, unlike the shrunken 40k models.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Radu Lykan

lol, i saw this when it was on 1 penny, forgot to bid nearer the end time. hope its awsesome, will we have more detailed pics soon?

Kresten

i am very excited to see it :)

im just hoping the extra grainy photos of it werent because its really badly made! but either itl be awesome and fine as is or itll be a great base for one. From the pictures it doesnt look like its got tracks... but hey for half the price and double the size I cant complain!

Pics will be up as soon as I get it

Shannow

I think it might have tracks, it looks like they may have used an actual continuous chain or something and the top of the tracks just covered for protection. I wonder if it  has an openable component, that would be just brilliant! If you end up modding it I would definitely be keen to see you do that :D

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on August 23, 2010, 03:42:10 PMyet another emphasis of the true size of tanks in the 41st millennium
Hmm. If the dimensions in the auction are right, it's actually a bit oversize compared to the Imperial Armour measurements.

In general, my temptation would be to err on the side of undersized with Inquisitor vehicles - the game scale means they're naturally going to be quite large, and it's a greater problem when a model is too big to practically use in games than if it's a bit underscale.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Morcus

Thats so cool.
I started working on plans for a Rhino in 2004 but I never really got very far with it (I've got a 54mm scale drawing of the basic elevations somewhere). I can't wait to hear more about it.

If its not a stupid question, what do you intend to do with it? I've got a 1:35 scale Challenger that I've used as set dressing in the past and on occasion as a GM controlled Vehicle (in which case the way it works is governed more by spirit than rules).

Kresten

Quote from: Morcus on August 23, 2010, 07:06:56 PM
If its not a stupid question, what do you intend to do with it? I've got a 1:35 scale Challenger that I've used as set dressing in the past and on occasion as a GM controlled Vehicle (in which case the way it works is governed more by spirit than rules).

run around my room going 'broom broom rattattatta kerpluarrrrrgh booom rattattatta smite the heretics! boom bang smash arggghhhh'

... but seriously, while I probably will actually do a bit of the above, I suppose if I actually get around to playing the game I'll probably use it as an objective or gm controlled piece, or as a dynamic saving private ryan type 'oh sh!t theres a tank, run/do something creative to take it out!' but to be honest whatever the hell I want! I have a 54mm chimera on the way!!! muahahaha

Edit: my grammar has taken a nose dive recently...

Kresten

So the bad boy arrived... and let me say im very happy with it. It looks like whoever made it did a good job, and then got a bit fed up of it and rushed a few bits. But im not fussed, it's a great basis and Im thinking i might just paint it black and have it as an Inquisition vehicle? Suggestions welcome. Also as for scale, its huge and looks like it actually could fit six or so marines in there.

The tracks are from some sort of toy, but still work well.

The sides are missing a couple of the bolts, and im getting rid of that gs skull and banner, in favour of an Inq symbol.

he started a welding effect on the joins which is cool, but didnt continue it throughout, I think I will. Any suggestions how would be appreciated. Also the guns on the balls are missing, dont know if they might be in the box somewhere, but i doubt it, so theyll need replacing.

The back is well done, but those piston things dont look complete, theyll need some work too.

But overrall, awesome. Really good effort from whoever made it, very pleased with it on the whole.

Now let the ideas commence! Let the conclave decide how this phoenix shall be reborn!

Morcus

Paint it Black, you know you want to!
It looks awesome and could be so much more so with just a little bit of work. I wouldn't bother putting Lasguns on the Back, I don't think they'd look very good on a model that size.

Whats it made of?

DapperAnarchist

Laudhailers. For shouting at heretics. "You! Drop your weapons or be fired upon! ... what? whats that? Its drop your weapons and be fired upon? Oh... Uhmmm... Oh well. Open fire!"

Three heavy bolters will make a mess of anything.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Kresten

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on August 27, 2010, 06:43:54 PM
Three heavy bolters will make a mess of anything.

I now have a anti-power gamer device... oh you have a warband of Grey Knights plus a librarian... against my inquisitor? Ok thats fine.... Say hello to my lil friend.

Seriously though *if i ever get to play a game..* it will be mostly used as a plot device or somesuch, not an actual controllable tank, or for a group to team up against and try to take down creatively.

I'll definitely put some more Inquisitorial weapons and bits and bobs on it, including a few minor touches like some exhausts and maybe a load of medieval style flame-torches.

Quote from: Morcus on August 27, 2010, 06:37:35 PM
I wouldn't bother putting Lasguns on the Back, I don't think they'd look very good on a model that size.

Whats it made of?

Its done in plasticard as far as i can tell. Although I think he's used an old toy for the bottom. I was thinking of putting some suppression type weapons on the balls, to drop smoke or CS or something similar, I'll definitely add some laudhailers (loud speakers i presume?) and Im considering removing either the front bolter or the turret bolters and replacing them with maybe flamers or something. I do like the idea of it having a psy cannon on there too, which would definitely make it more Inquisitorial.

Kaled

What are it's dimensions?  I'm curious as to how big it actually is...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Shannow

MOAR! Excellent looking tank, whats it made of? Any chance of making it so that its hull opens? surprise attack maybe, 'derelict' tank with a meeting in front and boom! out pops inquisitor kresten ;)

Time to die.