Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Thorn

Started by Radu Lykan, October 30, 2012, 05:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu Lykan

Inquisitor Thorn, ordo malleus with a bit of radical psykoplus/ardentite thrown in

i think this covenant torso was from the first inquisitor model i bought a long time ago, just never go around to using it. i have always liked it on gruss' legs and so when i eventually got around to repairing the thorian inquisitors head that i had removed whilst making inquisitor carnivorn i tried it and in my mind it looks like a pretty good fit. heres my latest test fit just waiting for an ebay delivery so i can start on his arms and weapons.

the ork arms are holding skulls that will eventually have flames added, counting as sacred incense, do they look ok? still wip but is the general idea working?

seaglen

Stunning conversion so far!

I am most interested to see the arms and weapons attached, to get a feel for his pose.
The skull-bearing arms are a nice touch!

Kaludram

It looks really good.  Perhaps you could help me with a project of my own by letting me know where you found the skulls?
It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Radu Lykan

seaglen- thanks, still waiting on the postman for arms :(
Kaludram- the skulls... er think they were originally from the assassin models? if not i cant remember, i cast them so they were easier to work with, cutting the holes into metal would have made me cross  >:(   :)

Kaludram

Got it.  I am still looking for a good source of properly sized preferably resin or plastic skulls to make a large quantity of custom servo skulls and a terrain piece for a campaign.  If you have any ideas, let me know.

Radu Lykan

seaglen

Quotehttp://www.tabletop-art.de/Skull-Set-54mm
? just looked on google, these ok?

I sense myself making a load of converted servo skulls as well thanks to you!
great find!

Kaludram

Quote from: Radu Lykan on November 02, 2012, 01:18:31 PM
http://www.tabletop-art.de/Skull-Set-54mm
? just looked on google, these ok?

Just what I needed!  Thank you for the good find.  I probably didn't find them on eBay since my international search option is usually sub-par.  Too bad I'll pay an arm and a leg for VAT and international shipping to get them to Texas.... :-\ 

Radu Lykan

so, where are these servo skulls you two?  :P

after a nightmare regarding getting hold of the right right handed powerfist (lost in post etc) i ordered another one and it arrived today, not on monday when i could have got some real work done on this model :(
havent got a hobby night scheduled until at least the 3rd of december but managed a quick 15mins while my daughter was napping.
what i am after is opinions on the length of the spear? is it too long? if yes by a lot or a little? sorry for many pics on the same thing but wanted you to get a couple of different views so the length could be considered. cheers

Kaludram

Quote from: Radu Lykan on November 22, 2012, 04:34:01 PM
so, where are these servo skulls you two?  :P

Yeah, no good here.  The move from New York to Texas is not going well.  Stuff is all still in transit (including modelling equipment), and our offer on a house got rejected, so we're still technically homeless.  Can't wait to have my own place again with a proper workshop...

As far as the spear...I don't quite get it since the ends don't really seem like spearpoints...Are you planning to connect them in between the power fists?  Length looks okay, but I am sort of lost on what effect you are going for with the ends that look like 'Nid tails.

Radu Lykan

sorry to hear you are having trouble, hope it all gets sorted soon

regarding the spear, yes it will be joined in the middle but the spear length is not affected by the gap, the bits are where they will be, this was a test to see the length. the spear is a daemon weapon hence the skull shaft and daemonette claws, once i have sorted the length warp flames will be added to the claws for a more daemony effect.

krenshar

So is it more of a double-ended glaive than a spear?  If so, it does look over-long to me and I'd suggest losing a third to half of the shaft at each end.  Try mounting the claws on varying lengths of sprue as a test though, in case you find you prefer it long.

Currently the weapon looks almost twice Thorn's height, which would be especially unwieldy when he has the arms of his pack to avoid.

seaglen

Quoteso, where are these servo skulls you two?

ooops yes i am in need of a kick-start...

the spear is looking a tad on the long side, i would agree and say shorten the haft between hand and blades. I for one am really liking the feel of this guy. the organic looking weapon is very reminicient of a phantasy star online weapon:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/items/BB-GAE_BOLG-TEKKER-1.jpg (wow that game is dated now) and i think the choice of parts works well. are you sculpting the flames, or using parts? an innitial thought was the plastic flamey bits from, the new vampire counts models.

Kaludram

Ditto all.  Even as a heavy glaive, it is too long.  However, you could also consider shortening the distance between fists slightly if you like having a long part of shaft between one fist and one end. 

Radu Lykan

looks like i will be trimming the glaive/spear down by about a quarter off the end of each piece of shaft, hopefully it will then look a bit better and be ready for pinning. the distance between fists will depend on the angle once i get rid of the blutac, will see what happens