Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Validity of Aliens in Inquisitor

Started by Ramnok, October 27, 2011, 09:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramnok

ty tons, it means a alot when people enjoy my work. I actually like the input I've gotten and with a few pieces of eldar art I've seen from Kaled, I think I will go with one of those for my pilot. Payday! time to see if I cant get me a model to start convertin... Hmmm... choices choices...

What other Species are viable for this game in the company of humans? Vespid Weaponcrafter (no stealing! I'm working on a concept sketches)? Kroothound? Perhaps a Jokaero Weaponsmith? (oooo doing him definately...)

(Not my model but its nicely done)

I was thinking of bringing such a race to the game, say Jokaero Merchant, shady dealings but can always get the job done...

Trasher

Hopefully I won't derail the thread but there's a few things I wanna say:
I really like the fact that all of you guys on the forum are so helpfull towards Ramnok.
I really like the fact that Ramnok seems to be taking your points and criticisms the right way.

Well, to try and get back on topic DapperAnarchists idea of an Eldar(maybe several?) travelling in search of something is interesting. A few questions for you to answer for yourself to build some story:
Who is the Eldar?
What is he/she looking for?
Does the Eldar need help finding what he/she is looking for?
Who is helping the Eldar? (Maybe a rogue trader who wants something from the Eldar)
Does the Eldar have all the weapons and gear they want or need in their search or did they have to leave in a hurry?

Hopefully my ideas aren't totally stupid. If they are, please tell Ramnok and me which ones are.
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Ramnok

You asked some good questions, some I can kinda help see my point of view... The Eldar are lost, their craftworld left several worlds with several of their Eldar suddenly when these worlds were in great need there was a striking scorpion shrine on one of those worlds yet the planet and shrine were lost to a massive ork wagghhh! A Distress call was sent through the webway to which Vree the eldar corsair and his crew (tiny crew) set off to help his former craftworld. He loses several of his crew in the escape but the eldar he rescued were so thankful to be rescued that they stayed aboard to help run the ship (these can be NPC's in campaigns and such depending on the GM I find, lol)

They currently start off as 3 with the bonesinger as the primary goal for them. He happened to have some direct contact with the imperium and has slain quite a few mon-keigh inquisitors as well. He carries a long rifle with a side weapon (He can craft if he has wraithbone so some secondary objectives could be that which would shape if they repair and reload. Always on the brink of destruction. Eldar are going to turn heads and get inquisitors involved.

I'm doing a side project now, I'm going to try and scratch build a model, I've never done it before and I'm a bit rusty on how to do it (thank god for the internet..) and hopefully we can meet some other intriguing races...

Ramnok

InquisitorHeidfeld

Quote from: Ramnok on October 29, 2011, 09:28:51 AMI was thinking of bringing such a race to the game, say Jokaero Merchant, shady dealings but can always get the job done...
Not possible I'm afraid.*

The Jokero simply don't communicate, it's not even known whether they can.

It's not possible to get a Jokero to build something for you, they don't seem to value anything by which you could barter, capture one and try to force it to build something and what it builds will inevitably be a means of escape...

They are in fact a pretty good example of how alien the alien races of the 40k verse are - they literally have no handle by which we humans can lever ourselves into their mindset.

*Rogue Trader listing anyway - I don't recall any reference to them after that beyond the one which claimed they'd all been wiped out...

DapperAnarchist

Ah, so you haven't heard - the Jokaero are now basically the Grey Knight's adorable weapon building pets.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Macabre

Quote from: InquisitorHeidfeld on October 31, 2011, 01:43:33 PM

Actually they can and do, although the only word we know from them officially is; Artemorra, which is their name for the Deciever.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Ramnok

was there any additional info given about the Psy-gore or any crystaline race? if so can you all point me to it, I've made a model based on it and thought it was psy-gore but I could be wrong..

DapperAnarchist

The Psy-Gore of Perseus appears only as a source for a crystalline weapon in the 3rd Ed Rulebook - its not stated that they themselves were crystalline (after all, humans aren't made of metal, but our weapons are), and indeed the only things derivable from that are that they have roughly hand-sized "holders" (whether or not they are hands) and they use or are "associated" with crystal weapons. However! In the DM article Things That Dwell In Darkness, the Psy-Gore weapon appears again, and is stated to only be reloadable by a Psy-Gore, who use their own body mass to fuel their weapons. That's fan-background though.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Ynek

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on October 31, 2011, 10:10:13 PM
That's fan-background though.

Albeit very nicely illustrated fan background. ;)

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on October 31, 2011, 10:10:13 PM
roughly hand-sized "holders"
No scale of reference is given in the 3rd Ed rulebook. For all we know, the psy gore shardthrower could be the length of a human torso, and be held between a psy-gore's enormous alien buttocks. So, saying that they have hand-sized holders is a bit of an extrapolation, given that we seem to only have incomplete data.

Although if you're just looking for crystalline aliens, the Dracolith are a good example, even if virtually nothing is known about them.
"Somehow, Inquisitor, when you say 'with all due respect,' I don't think that you mean any respect at all."

"I disagree, governor. I think I am giving you all of the respect that you are due..."

Ramnok

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1757.msg23060#msg23060

Hope you like him, I've since gone with Psy-gore as a crystalline race, I figure if they created the weapon to be used by them they must have some way of reloading it.

InquisitorHeidfeld

Quote from: DapperAnarchist on October 31, 2011, 06:04:34 PM
Ah, so you haven't heard - the Jokaero are now basically the Grey Knight's adorable weapon building pets.

The more I hear about the latest edition the more I want to retreat entirely to the Rogue Trader fluff...

Seriously?!?

So an entire species for whom freedom seems the only goal are now held in thrall to less than seven hundred of some of the most hidebound creatures in the galaxy.

And I thought it was bad enough when Grey Knights stopped coming exclusively in psychic terminator squads...

Kaled

Grey Knights were in power armour back in their first appearance in Rogue Trader days, then they went to all being in Terminator armour during their second iteration in Rogue Trader and then later to the current mix of the two. Their armour colour has changed over the years too...

As for Jokaero, I too would prefer to see them in their Rogue Trader incarnation to the more recent one.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

InquisitorHeidfeld

I know that the chapter existed before rules were published for them and were therefore effectively a standard Marine army list but the first time I recall seeing them in an official capacity was in Slaves to Darkness and I was sure they were the psychic Terminator squads then...

Inquisitor Goldeneye

Quote from: Macabre on October 31, 2011, 09:53:21 PM
Quote from: InquisitorHeidfeld on October 31, 2011, 01:43:33 PM

Actually they can and do, although the only word we know from them officially is; Artemorra, which is their name for the Deciever.

Hang on a tick, I thought the Jokero were supposed to be of highly debateable sentience and that their technological expertise was widely thought to be some sort of 'idiot-savant' type skill. Surely if they have language then that sort of solves that whole question, doesn't it?
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.