Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

"Inquisitor" Verena Starfire

Started by mcjomar, March 13, 2016, 09:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Front

Right

Rear

Left

View on face

etc

etc

28mm version comparison:

Stats (and finally a background) moved to here:
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2635.msg35724#new

EDIT:
Note: not an Inquisitor.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Raghnall

I'm not sure, on account of the photos, but with rules and potentially background to come, I'm not sure this is the right subforum. Someone more experienced might correct me there though. Without much in the way of background, I can't say much, but the profile seems fine. Strength and toughness are a tad low, usually I would recommend at least low 50s for someone who isn't meant to be exceptionally fragile, but maybe thats what you want.

Nice models by the way.

mcjomar

I've updated the post accordingly - I mostly just put them here as a placeholder until I could write up a proper background.
I've bumped the S and T by ten each - she's a Necromundan ganger, so I guess she should be pretty tough.

E:
If anyone's got some painting advice I could use to make her skin look a little more suitable, I'd appreciate it.
I'm not really satisfied with it.
I'm even tempted to take some acetone to her and try to start as fresh as I can (or wait till next month and buy another of the sculpt...).

E2:
Some more pics  - I added a tiny amount of highlighting and drybrushing and cleaned up the flesh a bit.

"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Van Helser

As far as painting tips go, I think the washes are a bit too widespread, and have flown onto some flatter surfaces that should actually have highlights rather than lowlights. The raised surfaces of the boots are one such area. Shouldn't be too hard a fix - get the base colour out and paint it back on everywhere except the deepest recesses. A couple of highlights later and things should look better.

Does the model come with eyebrows sculpted on? If not I'd be tempted to paint over them, and if so, file them off and repaint. Eyebrows are very hard to pull off convincingly at almost every scale, and they have quite a masculine quality. Remove them and I think her face will improve leaps and bounds.

Ruaridh

mcjomar

http://s163.photobucket.com/user/kaled100/media/belladonna.jpg.html
http://www.fantization.com/ProductImages/master_series_54mm/30002_painted_a_Oct06.gif

Both Kaled and the original painter put eyebrows on - It's very difficult to get them on thinly enough I think.

I'll get to highlighting the snakebite leather back on, especially for the right hand glove - the back has become too dark.

I'm unsure how much of the main colour I should re-apply for the armour.