Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New To The Conclave & Inquisitor

Started by abhorsen950, December 06, 2009, 09:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

precinctomega

Dave's article is, indeed, the seminal work for introducing the game to beginners.  I suspect that any attempt I make to "explain" the game is merely going to repeat something the article has already said better.

FWIW, though, Inquisitor is a wargame with the brakes off: a bare-back, white-knuckle ride that takes all the bits you like best about tabletop wargames (the rich context, the dark themes, the shock of conflict) and roleplay games (colourful individuals, the fate of the galaxy hanging by a thread, sudden changes of personal fortune in the time it takes to pull a trigger) and throws them into a single package.  It's like a cooperative novel and a competitive action movie rolled up into one thing.  It's wargaming for poets.  It's falling to your knees in a sea of corpses, an empty stubber in one hand and a bloody chainsword in the other, screaming "If this is heresy, it feels SO GOOD!"

R.

Kaled

Quote from: precinctomega on December 12, 2009, 09:52:46 PM
Dave's article is, indeed, the seminal work for introducing the game to beginners.  I suspect that any attempt I make to "explain" the game is merely going to repeat something the article has already said better.
Very kind of you to say so - especially as large chunks of that article were my regurgitations of things I learned from you and other members of the 'Clave.

If you haven't included your explanation of the game in the introduction to Inq2, then you should do - I read it and despite my exhaustion immediately fancied playing another game!
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

abhorsen950

Well thanks guys
Fingers Crossed INQ Arrives for christmas
As ive got several ideas of gaming already

Radu Lykan

do you have a digital copy of the rule book? its nice to have a paper copy but if you dont want to wait til xmas then download the rulebook off the gw site. you can begin creating your characters now and then use the paper copy when you try out your first game?