Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Space Marine Scout

Started by kierkegaard, July 07, 2010, 04:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

That scale looks perfect, and the model looks fantastic, can't wait to see it fully finished and painted!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Gestalt

Cool! I think he fits in well scale-wise.
"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

gwrulz

Scouts in Inquisitor sound more likely.  I remember one of the 40k novels of a Rogue trader captain having 5 space wolf scouts issued to him.  They infiltrated a tyranid ship.

Plus scouts should be easier to kill than full battle brothers?

Can't wait to see him painted!
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Radu Lykan

he looks the business, a really dangerous character but not so game breaking as a fully fledged marine. do you have a back story for him yet?

Rayner

Excellent sculpting, the pose really works well and the scale works well compared to other 54mm models. Keep up the good work :)

kierkegaard

Well, I'm never 100% satisfied with a model, but I have reached the point with this one where I have stopped trying. Here it is, (just about) completed. I hope you like it.

Myriad

Very impressive and mean looking.  Like the visor, and the shotgun slung casually over the shoulder (which displays his strength value)
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Gestalt

"All things have sprung from nothing and are borne forward to infinity."
                                   Blaise Pascal

Shannow

Love the colour scheme, with the injection of red on the weapons. RED DEATH! Very authoritative look about him, interesting to see how he compares in game to full space marines. Have you thought of any fluff and stats for him yet?

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Brother_Brimstone

Incredible work, he looks very intimidating! Not much more to say to be honest, great paint-job on a great model (i especially like the shading on his white clothes, but there's great shading to be found all around the model).

Van Helser

He's definitely up there with your best Nick, in terms of construction and painting.

What's next?

Ruaridh

gwrulz

Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

kierkegaard

Thanks guys, I am glad that you like it.

Shannow - no fluff yet, it was more a case of building a scout because I could (I had been looking for a suitable base model for ages before I found this one.)

Brimstone - the clothes are khaki, not white.

Ruaridh - Thanks. I guess I'll get to work on the Guard Sgt next, and the ruins of my bionic Ogryn model have been glaring at me recently, so who knows, I might just put him back on the To Do List.  Have you made any progress on your scout yet?

Ancelyn

Beautiful work. However, his visor seems wrong. :P It is not at eye level on the model. Unless he has a third eye in his forehead?

Awesometastic work! ;D
To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

William Blake

Elva

Looks like he's alive and breathing. In my opinion it looks better than some 'eavy metal models(if not most). And I don't think the visor is bad, I didn't really notice until I looked at it hard(my eyes were sore hehe) and even then it was so tiny, I wouldn't bother. Over all, I'd say he's the best done model I've seen in a long time. I'd suggest entering him in a contest or two.
"Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!!"