Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Long lost treasure -- Slick conversion

Started by Kaludram, August 31, 2012, 05:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaludram

So get it, slick conversion--Slick Devlan....yeah, anyway...

I wanted Slick to have a little more punch, so I swapped out one pistol for a melta pistol.  Simple, but I expect it to be a heavy duty change to his effectiveness on the board.

It may have all been a lie, but it keeps the masses quiet.

Dolnikan

He looks good, but are you going to do anything about the lump on his pistol? It seems a bit massive.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Kaludram

It's supposed to be the fuel/ammo tank.  Is it that bad...?   :'(

RobSkib

Do you have any plastic gubbinz that could be used as a fuel tank? The putty you have used seems to have run into the grip/trigger section of the gun, making it look like one big blob from the photograph, I'm sure it's not like that in real life.

Are you going to change the model at all other than that? Slick has been seen in so many converted states, it seems a shame to just swap one of the guns out for an inferno pistol.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

maligoare

Quote from: RobSkib on August 31, 2012, 04:11:25 PM
Do you have any plastic gubbinz that could be used as a fuel tank?

How about one of the plastic 40k meltabombs?  I'd imagine that's about the right size (looking at Artemis's bolter, it seems in scale for an inferno pistol).

Kaludram

Quote from: RobSkib on August 31, 2012, 04:11:25 PM
Do you have any plastic gubbinz that could be used as a fuel tank? The putty you have used seems to have run into the grip/trigger section of the gun, making it look like one big blob from the photograph, I'm sure it's not like that in real life.

Are you going to change the model at all other than that? Slick has been seen in so many converted states, it seems a shame to just swap one of the guns out for an inferno pistol.

Answers:

The putty in the triggerguard/grip section was actually needed to complete a less-than-perfect joint between a 40K meltagun and Slick's hand.  The angle of the shot is poor and doesn't show the difference clearly.

The simplicity of this conversion is actually what I wanted.  Considering the number of heavily converted Slick's out there, I wanted something that went back to basics but wasn't completely a stock model.  This guy will be my universal gun-for-hire and will fill a role in at least two warbands, so I wanted him to be a little less memorable.  Plus, I just plain love the desperado look that Slick comes with on his own.

As for the tank...yeah, I probably should fix that.  It was one of my first real attempts at doing something largish from putty.  I emphasize, my putty skills still stink.   :'(