Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

new GW Ork Dread kits (pic heavy)

Started by Heroka Vendile, February 08, 2010, 10:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Oh. My. Sweet. Lord.

Fabulous new Mechanicus bits? Oh yes.

3-"man" Killa Kans kit:

Deff Dread kit:

I would also say that the new SM Venerable Dreadnought has some very nice parts on it as well. Especially the fist-styled hand for use as a powerfist and the decorated shin-gaurds, etc.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Sumaki

I had no clue these were coming out!!!! I saw the mega deff dread in WD.... but these are fantastic! i need to get a hand full of these for my orks!!! might paint them like this and not my usual blood axe colors.

Nice  find!!!

[/excited]

Robert_the_damned

Killer Kans are nice, Deff Dread is twenty shades of wrong. But as you say useful bits for admech either way. :P Might even do some more inquisitor stuff sometime soon! ;D

MarcoSkoll

You utter barsteward! I looked at these earlier and thought "meh, neat" - but now you've made me start thinking about their parts!

I fink der Kan partz will be betta for yer Inquizitor modelz tho. Deff Dread bitz iz too big for poncy humiez.

... but to switch back to intelligible English, even the Kan parts may well be somewhat on the large side - those are 60mm bases, so it's clear they're not exactly small.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 09, 2010, 12:00:58 AM... but to switch back to intelligible English, even the Kan parts may well be somewhat on the large side - those are 60mm bases, so it's clear they're not exactly small.

Which is why I'm thinking Praetorian sized  :D
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Alyster Wick

Those look fantastic, and they're plastic!

I'm especially enamored with the skullish faceplate on the bottom sprue.

Colonel Marbi Chora

I can definitely see the Deff Dread as a Class H combat servitor, or something particularly nasty.

Robert_the_damned

I just noticed that Privateer press released their warmachine warjacks in plastic, they'd be awesome for inquisitor scale conversions and are pretty cheep (seen then for arround £18 online).

Heroka Vendile

yeah, from what I've seen the Cygnar and Khador kits seem to have the most parts easily usable in Inquisitor.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

precinctomega

Point to note: the Warmachine plastics come with a variety of spare bits to make various different warjacks.  So if you're into Warmachine, you can build your warjack and still have bits left over for INQ conversions, or to trade on the Aracdian Smugglers' Ring.

R.

Discy

Mwaaaah...
So many konverty thingies... ;D

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghh!
Beep if you love muties!

RobSkib

Has anybody noticed that the new plastic beastmen minotaurs are about the same size, and are also sold in a pack of three? Some interesting admech bodyguard possibilities there...
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.