Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dapper's WIP Models - Now with INQ28!

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 26, 2010, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasher

Very interesting Nurgle character, do you have any plans for a warband for him, is he going to be a lone character or do you just like the modelling opportunity? Am I seeing the beginnings of a gas mask or is it some kind of mutation, a snout maybe?

I've actually been fiddling with some ideas for a Nurgle warband, might put up a thread with my initial ideas and might write up some background if anyone is interested.
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Hadriel Caine

Hmm nice looking spawn :p looking forward to progress here.
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

DapperAnarchist

Between the Runtkiller (the Khorne cultist), the Nurgle cultist (which my girlfriend thinks is cute), the Tzeentch Magos, and a planned Slaanesh cultist, I have a plan for one follower of each god. The rest of the Spawn box will be used to make mutants to accompany my Word Bearer...

It is indeed a gas mask, with antlers sticking out through the leather.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Dolnikan

The Nurgle cultist does look cute. The head is great so far. I really like where you're going with these two.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

DapperAnarchist

So, the Magus has the blocked out beginnings of robes, plus arms, and an expanded head. The lumpyness is from an attempt to make a face covered in eyes from the Spawn box eyes - but they are far too big. So I'm about to remake it, with just sunken pits in the metal mask, rather than eyes protruding through. The smaller hand will be holding some sort of staff, while the large clawed one is going to have some sort of magical halo attached, made from a running gear trimmed from a tank kit.

More pics here.

Shannow

Stunning work on that claw and arm, look fantastic! I actually quite like the look of the face as it is now at the moment oddly. very creepy seeing look t it despite no defining features. I look forward to Robes, staff and halo hand!

R
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Dolnikan

I agree with Shannow, the head looks creepy. I also like where you're going with the robes on his legs.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

DapperAnarchist

So, some updated shots of the magus -

with his new facemask. Each of the four chaos champions is wearing some kind of mask or face covering, with this one being full of eye holes to let his many eyes look though. More shots here.

Here's his staff, and some of his belt trinkets -

And here, at last, is the mostly complete Zoat I have been working on for about 4 years...

Shannow

Great zoats! That things looks fearsome! I can see how it took so long to build!

The magos staff is excellent, but I think I actually prefer the torn up face, I think because the mask is so soft compared tot he jagged and angular nature of the rest of the model.

Still, great work :)

R
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Alyster Wick

You weren't kidding about the Zoat.  That thing looks absolutely incredible.  He has a very noble look about him, overall I love the interpretation.

I like the magos as well and though I was initially inclined to go with Shannow on this one I have to say that you convinced me with the more shots here.  I like the bolted on look you give to the mask and all the holes give the suggestion that perhaps each hole has an eye behind it (this being Tzeentch).

Also, I absolutely love the nozzle coming out of the extra arm hole on his left side.  I don't know why, but it just looks great.  Maybe he drains magical fluid out of it, who knows!

Dolnikan

That zoat is brilliant, he's enormous. Could you give a close up shot of the face? I wonder how it looks like. A great model.

Tha magus' pose is great as well. Really dominating and creepy. The mask could however do with some more detail.

DapperAnarchist

So, here's where the Magos stands - a little more putty work, some filing of finger prints, and a few more trinkets on the belt, then paint.

Feather on the belt
Side Shot

The magical halo has been dropped, as I couldn't get it to attach. Instead, that same part is used here to make a brace around the torso of my Daemonhost.

who also now has a head from the Spawn box and some cloth/paper bits hanging off him. More shots here, here.
Gonna try and cover the Daemonhost and the Magos in similar looking tattoos and sigils. For references, I'll be using my interesting new book! :D

Dolnikan

I really like the progress you're making. A good use for that old sword.

The daemonhost is also coming along nicely.

DapperAnarchist

I think soon I may have a record for the most WIPs on a single page... as I have started another project! I'm crazy.

First though, some updates on the Nurgle character.

More shots here

He's got legs now, and I have parts for both arms, just need to detail the legs (more sores and pustules), add hooves, and finish the arms.

And my new project -

A bare chested Traitor Marine. However, he needs, among other things, to be chopped off at the knees and started over. His knees are about two thirds down the leg right now, and if I stretched out the calf, he'd be way way way too big. Like nearly as big as my Zoat big.

Shannow

The nurgle guy is fantastic! Reminds me if a very creepy mr tumnus!

Think you've posted wrong pic for barechested guy though:p

Time to die.