Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on January 12, 2011, 07:04:20 PM
Quote from: Alta on January 12, 2011, 06:57:22 PM
Do you think they would allow self-sculpted models?
Yes - sorry I should have made that clearer, models 'must' be GW or sculpted.

my Adeptus Mechanicus crew from the last one (2009!) had two fully sculpted miniatures in it... helped a little ;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Didn't much help me, despite having had all three models fully sculpted (apart from a few plastic bits scrounged from my bitz box). Mind you, that was poor timekeeping - I'd not left myself long enough for the painting and the colour scheme suffered.

Which reminds me, I really must get to work on the models I'm bringing.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Count me down, Dave! I'll paypal through the money in a bit - I believe I'm going to have a few extra of my gaming group following along this time. Would it be possible for me to paypal several people's entrance fees at once, if I make a note of who they are for?

Also, this might be me being a bit dim, but I can't seem to find the background or story for the tournament this year. Is this the case? Are we going to get free reign on scenarios or will there be an overall theme and eventual climactic conclusion?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Yes, as long as you send me all the details for everyone then you can buy more than one ticket at once.

There's no theme or big climax for the IGT, GMs can make up any scenario they choose.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on January 13, 2011, 12:30:13 PMThere's no big climax for the IGT
You haven't seen the scenario I've written yet. :P

As for a theme, I've just posted the basic setting of my IGT scenario(s) in the Carthaxian Conclave thread. Anyone who wants to jump on that bandwagon is welcome (but I suspect nobody is going to want to).

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I have thought of running an event where each player writes a scenario set within the confines of a given over-arching plot or theme, so everyone gets a chance to play and to GM.  (I considered trying to work it for the IGT, but decided to stick with the tried and tested formula.)  The final game (or games - there'd be a set of final games rather than one stupidly big one) would then resolve events and bring some sort of conclusion to the story.

I think Van Helser was planning to run the next event, but maybe I'll look at this for the one after that...

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on January 13, 2011, 07:09:28 PMI think Van Helser was planning to run the next event, but maybe I'll look at this for the one after that...
I've been looking at maybe putting together an event too.
Other than Van Helser's foiled attempt for an Autumn Conclave in September, there were no other attempts to fill the 11 month gap between the Spring Conclave and IGT - and that's just too long, dammit. More events!

Also, it occurs to me that we haven't yet got a tally of who's due to turn up for this.

EDIT: There's a new post on the Warseer thread about WHW charges: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5241610&postcount=61

Apparently, it looks like the charges are aimed at larger groups, and GW will be clarifying how things will work for smaller groups at some point in the near future. It's not clear whether that will be no charge or a lesser charge, but this sounds like good news.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

This is the reply I got to my e-mail;
'The booking fee applies to "Events" that are being run and not only covers the tables but the extras that go with running events. Set-up break down, TV's Microphones, staff etc so if the event is an official "Event" then the hall hire charge is required. However, if a few of you want tog et together for games on a casual basis then you can book up 5 tables for free.'

It didn't really answer all my questions, but 5 tables should be enough for our purposes...

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on January 14, 2011, 06:11:46 PMIt didn't really answer all my questions, but 5 tables should be enough for our purposes...
Most of them, anyway. But I think an IGT has to be planned for the possibility of more than 20 people (even if it doesn't necessarily happen).

Hmm, I wonder if it'd be possible to have two people place separate bookings for the same day and get two lots of tables?

GW's =I= articles

Alta

Would we be able to find out who we are GMing for before the actual game?
Because I normally base my scenarios around who is actually playing.

Also, I probably won't be able to make it this year, but some other year I'll probably be able to come along
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

biggreengribbly

Quote from: Kaled on January 14, 2011, 06:11:46 PM
This is the reply I got to my e-mail;
'The booking fee applies to "Events" that are being run and not only covers the tables but the extras that go with running events. Set-up break down, TV's Microphones, staff etc so if the event is an official "Event" then the hall hire charge is required. However, if a few of you want tog et together for games on a casual basis then you can book up 5 tables for free.'

It didn't really answer all my questions, but 5 tables should be enough for our purposes...

I'm not sure something calling itself a 'GT' planned upwards of three to six months in advance would really qualify as 'a few of you getting together for games on a casual basis'. Though conclaves and 'lesser' gatherings might be safe.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Alta on January 14, 2011, 06:53:06 PMWould we be able to find out who we are GMing for before the actual game?
No earlier than the actual start of the event. We don't know for certain who is turning up until then, what combination they'll be assigned to games in, nor what warbands they will be arriving with.

And I don't recommend writing your game on the day!

My plan is to write modular scenarios this year. Depending on what table I get, and what warbands player A, B and/or C have brought, I'll first decide on which scenario I'm running, then which actual objectives I'm using, then which of those go to which of the players.

It means a lot more prep work, but also means I don't have to run quite such a generic scenario as I did last year.

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

Part of the fun is having to write scenarios that can be played by any 3-4 players.  It means that you have something you can take away and use again and again.

One thing I always meant to do but never got around to before was to make a collection of all the scenario designs and put them together as an article for Dark Magenta.

R.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Kaled on January 02, 2011, 08:52:41 PMIf anyone spots and issues with the player pack, let me know so I can get it fixed asap.

4.4-4.6 probably have the wrong times on them seeing as that gives 15mins for game 2 and 90mins for lunch :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Well spotted - I'll get a new pack uploaded ASAP.

The correct timings are;
1000 – Doors open.
1010 – Registration begins & Inquisition Quiz distributed.
1030-1145 – Game One.
1200-1315 – Game Two.
1315-1320 – Models submitted for Painting & Modelling competition.
1320-1400 – Lunch.
1400 – Inquisition Quiz collected and models can be collected from the Painting & Modelling competition.
1415-1530 – Game Three.
1545-1700 – Game Four.
1700-1745 – Free Play as the results are calculated.
1745 – Results and Awards.
1800 – Doors close.

EDIT: Our Chief Enginseer has been his usual efficient self and informs me that an updated Briefing Pack has now been uploaded.