Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on March 18, 2011, 04:24:47 PM...he asked me to remind you all that you're not allowed to eat your own food/drinks on the premises.
Remind? It would only be "remind" if I had known about it in the first place - when did that change?
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

hmm well that makes bringing sandwiches a somewhat moot point... you might have to put me down for a meal deal as well then. Can we pay on the spot or does it have to be in advance?
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on March 18, 2011, 04:24:47 PM
I've just spoken to WHW to confirm arrangements for the IGT.  I said only about 5 people have so far said they want to eat in the canteen and he asked me to remind you all that you're not allowed to eat your own food/drinks on the premises. With that in mind, does anyone else want to sign up to eat in the canteen? I need to give them approximate numbers in advance.

It's an £8 meal deal which gets you a main course (the choice will be something like burgers, pies, lasagne etc including vegetarian options), plus a choice of hot and cold desserts and a drink.

what... the... since when?!
how does that affect those of us with dietry requirements (ala Diabetes) ?
maybe a pass on coming up from this corner  >:(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mattausten86

might aswell put me down for a meal then!!

cheers
matt

Kaled

I believe it has always been the policy but in the past they don't seem to have enforced it.

If anyone wants to eat in the canteen and has dietary requirements then let me know and I'll pass the information on to WHW - they have said they can cater for such things.

You can pay on the day - WHW just want numbers so they have an idea of how many people to cater for.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Stormgrad

im sure those of us not wishing to eat in the canteen could go find a nice spot of grass to sit on or a cafe near by to scoff our sammiches / buy a nutritious and suitable meal

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Stormgrad on March 19, 2011, 10:23:21 AM
im sure those of us not wishing to eat in the canteen could go find a nice spot of grass to sit on or a cafe near by to scoff our sammiches / buy a nutritious and suitable meal

as it's on an industrial estate you may have a walk to find some grass :lol:

still gonna bring ma mug o cereal and see if they'll confiscate 'em :p

Build Your Imagination

Bloodpact

The nearest cafe to WHW is about a 20minute walk away. To be fair, theres nothing to stop you eating your sandwiches in the car-park out front.

That being said, the WHW canteen does do some good stuff! And Bugmans bar does reasonably priced food too. I can recommend the 'Fat Bloke' burger.
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

greenstuff_gav

so, Random ThreadJack, i've not managed to get Conclave Dice ready for this years GT :(
i do, however, have the very last 7 of Adept Liwet available for £12 each... i say the last as the mould is knackered and she won't be remoulded :P

Build Your Imagination

mattausten86

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on March 20, 2011, 06:34:11 PM
so, Random ThreadJack, i've not managed to get Conclave Dice ready for this years GT :(
i do, however, have the very last 7 of Adept Liwet available... i say the last as the mould is knackered and she won't be remoulded :P

How much are you asking for??

cheers
matt

Aurelius 12

Indeed. That is the question! Also any chance of reserving one? (I'm sure this really ought to be taking place over pms though!)
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

MarcoSkoll

As far as food, is there anyone who wants to BYOF and eat out front*? I'm happy to do the same and keep them company, although there is of course a risk of the weather going terribly British if we do. Or I can brave the mystery cafeteria menu.

(*Google Earth shows a quiet and quite shielded stream only about 200m from the front door, if you'd rather not eat in the car park.)

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Aurelius 12

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 20, 2011, 09:55:42 PM
Or I can brave the mystery cafeteria menu.

A menu probably wouldn't help. Haven't you heard- everything you have been told is a lie.  ;)
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

DapperAnarchist

Based on the "What's New Today" blog, there is a nice stretch of canal within walking distance - they used it to test the waterproofing (and floatability) of the Monster Case.

Though I think, based on the increasing possibility I'll be paying university fees, I have to announce I will not be able to attend...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Stormgrad

Well i have already bought my stuff for sammiches, i shall be having chicken and mayo and sweetcorn and about 4 cans of guava rockstar. Oh and about 2 packets of Haribo as haribo is the source of my magic powers