Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on March 20, 2011, 09:55:42 PM(*Google Earth shows a quiet and quite shielded stream only about 200m from the front door, if you'd rather not eat in the car park.)
As has been said, it's a canal, with tarmac bridleway, although seating is very scarce along it, especially that far out from the centre of town.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

Yes... there is a canal, but as the family owns a narrowboat, I do have a bit of experience in telling the difference between a stream and a canal. :P

What I was talking about is if you head further up Willow Road, there's a small stream that cuts through the estate (leading to the canal). It's fairly well shielded from the nearby buildings by rows of trees, and has a grassy bank.

Alternatively, as I walk along the canal anyway to get from the station, I'll try and make a mental note of whether there's any seating along the way.

And on that note, sunset in Nottingham will be about 1830hrs, so I'll need to make a mental note to bring a torch in case I am walking back. I did walk back in daylight at the Spring Conclave, but that was in April - the other side of the BST change, giving an extra hour of light in the evening.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

marco you never fail to be a source of random amusement and good information, im up for eating by the canal if it a nice day.  I will be leaving my home in the dark and arriving back in the dark so it would be nice to spend some time outside of the building in the sunlight especially since ive never been to nottingham it would be good to atleast see abit of it

Aurelius 12

Quote from: Stormgrad on March 22, 2011, 11:50:26 AM
ive never been to nottingham it would be good to atleast see abit of it

Seriously you're not missing much. I'm a Leicester lad so I've been more times than I'd care to remember. I can safely say that aside from the Castle, the only thing worth seeing is Warhammer World, and the RC cathedral if you're of a Catholic persuasion. 
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

karandras_sh

Just a note to say Sumaki has had to drop, due to his 1st and 2nd cover options at work bailling on him  :'(
All Lies Lead to the Truth

Necris

Quote from: Aurelius 12 on March 22, 2011, 08:41:49 PM
Quote from: Stormgrad on March 22, 2011, 11:50:26 AM
ive never been to nottingham it would be good to atleast see abit of it

Seriously you're not missing much. I'm a Leicester lad so I've been more times than I'd care to remember. I can safely say that aside from the Castle, the only thing worth seeing is Warhammer World, and the RC cathedral if you're of a Catholic persuasion. 

You are of course omitting the Old Jerusalem
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

RobSkib

Trains booked! I'll be arriving in nottingham at 9.30 by train, if anybody is arriving at the same time, I'd love some company! My train home leaves nottingham at 19:30, so I can spend some time in the bar after the IGT is over >:)
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Stormgrad

good idea rob, My train arrives at 8.45 (it was that or 9.59) and my train leaves at 19.28 so likewise can stay in the bar for abit as well as get to know you lovable lot a tad better

Aurelius 12

Great idea, my train gets in at 9.30 and my train back leaves at 19.30 too! So are we walking or shall we be lazy and share a taxi? Also, it might be an idea to swap mobile numbers so we can organise ourselves a little better. Plus if, Emperor forbid, a train is delayed or something we can let others know!

Edit: I'm getting the East Midlands 0926 from Leicester, in case anyone's on the same route!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

MarcoSkoll

I'll be there 0903 (from Bletchley) if all goes to plan, 0935 (from Tamworth) if I miss my first tight connection, 1005 (also from Tamworth) if I miss the second tight connection, and half past Belgium (via dirigible) if things go really wrong.
And I'm leaving on the 1937 (to Birmingham New St), so it looks like we're all on a similar schedule.

However, if I get to Nottingham as planned, I intend to wander off to the Argos a couple of hundred metres from the station and get myself a less broken watch, which will probably fill in a few minutes.
Personally, I intend to walk the canal (at least in the morning), but if everyone else is being a lazy bum, I can join them.

Stormgrad already has my phone number, but if there's anyone else who would like it, then I can PM it to you.

GW's =I= articles

Shannow

Nobody happens to be driving from Bristol by any chance do they?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

As far as I know, Gav's your closest, in Bath. Not sure how he's getting there.

GW's =I= articles

mattausten86

I should be getting there for around half 9 as well i believe,unless i get the earlier train!!

cheers
matt

Necris

I'm getting into Nottingham at 10:00

and leaving at 19:15

I'll more than likely be getting a taxi Marco do you want to exchange numbers in case you're arriving at 10:05 so I can hang around and we can both taxi up?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Necris on March 23, 2011, 07:06:11 PMI'll more than likely be getting a taxi Marco do you want to exchange numbers in case you're arriving at 10:05?
PM on its way.

However, 1005 is a very last resort. I'd have to miss two connections to be that late, and while they're fairly tight, I don't think I'll miss both.

GW's =I= articles