Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

So had an Idea...

Started by Lucidum, April 18, 2011, 09:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidum

I don't know how often everyone on here orders Inquisitor stuff from GW direct, but I was thinking it would be a nice idea to try and compile what components everyone gets from stuff they order, to see if we can work out some kind of pattern with what we receive. For instance, I've got Sevorina and Sevora, the Callidus Assassin, and the Eversor assassin coming in the post, so I would put on here what components for them I receive and what's missing.

Kaled

Not sure what you mean by patterns? The GW site lists which bits come with which models, for example Barbaretta comes with the Lucretia parts. And if you're looking for photos of what parts each model comes in there's a link in the modelling resources thread to the CCM Wiki.

On another note, that's a very assassiny order you've placed - what's the plan?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Lucidum

Quote from: Kaled on April 18, 2011, 09:10:34 PM
Not sure what you mean by patterns? The GW site lists which bits come with which models, for example Barbaretta comes with the Lucretia parts. And if you're looking for photos of what parts each model comes in there's a link in the modelling resources thread to the CCM Wiki.

On another note, that's a very assassiny order you've placed - what's the plan?
Well I keep hearing comments that people get stuff that contains only portions of each alternate model. For instance, a lot of people say they get the Kroot mercenary with the conversion pack parts or parts from both the normal model and the conversion kit and that it seems pretty random. I was trying to find a pattern.

And I dunno about a plan, I just rather love the assassin models for character and  from a modeling perspective, plus I'm trying to get Inquisitor going down in my area with a gaming group, which I'll likely have to games master. Assassin's tend to be a bit overpowered for a warband if I'm not mistaken, but as a GM-controlled adversary against an entire warband or two they can make for a compelling story.

Kaled

Yeah, the Kroot does seem to be a bit of a weird one, but other than the odd isolated case the others seem to come as they should.

Lucidum

Ah, well good to know then....'cause I was kinda excited about some of the bits that come with the assassins.

Necris

Why not do a Sicarius Inquisitor using either the calldius or eversor minis are bases for the Inquisitor?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Lucidum

Quote from: Necris on April 18, 2011, 09:43:14 PM
Why not do a Sicarius Inquisitor using either the calldius or eversor minis are bases for the Inquisitor?
I was considering that possibility. I wish I could get my hands on a Vindicare assassin too, but sadly that model seems to be pretty rare.

greenstuff_gav

there was an issue with the moulding; most of 'em were shipped with very bad mould lines and so people would complain (quite rightly) and GW would ship a replacement (quite rightly) which was often dodgy (quite wrongly) and thus people would complain (quite rightly) and GW would ship a replacement (quite rightly) which was often dodgy (quite wrongly) and thus people would... and so on :(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Yeah, my Vindicare was a really bad cast - tons of really bad mould lines and I had to resculpt part of his face to fix where that was badly cast. Generally it's not a good model - certainly not deserving of the high esteem in which people seem to hold it.

Shannow

Quote from: Kaled on April 18, 2011, 10:33:27 PM
certainly not deserving of the high esteem in which people seem to hold it.

Well you shouldn't have done so good and job and made it look bloody awesome! Catch 22 or something...mumble mumble
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Aurelius 12

I only ever saw a finished GW vindicare once and that was the one for the catalogue. I remember when they ceased production, I was rather disappointed (because who doesn't love sniper rifles*) but then I read about how awful the cast was.

Any chance we could see yours Kaled? As wildly off topic as this request is.
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

kierkegaard

If anyone really wants a Vindicare, Pm me.

Kaled