Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

new GW Vargheists/Crypt Horrors

Started by Heroka Vendile, December 27, 2011, 12:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heroka Vendile

just hit the net, available from 14th January.

There are a couple other stunning plastic kits that you can look at easily elsewhere (seriously, the Coven Throne looks simply amazing), but this one by far has the most relevance to Inquisitor. Should be about £30 going by the conversion rate on the euro price that can be seen in the image.

It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Vermis

I hadn't thought of this when I saw the pics on other forums, but as soon as I visited here I thought "genestealer conversions".

Only, would they be big enough?
www.minisculpture.co.uk - a place about pushing putty 'til it does what you want it.  Currently recuperating from being hackered and knackered.

Trasher

Maybe I could use these for some cool mutants or perhaps a Plaguebearer for the Nurgle cult I'm planning...
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Dolnikan

They would be nice as some sort of fury I think.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Alyster Wick

Zombies, mutants, chaos adherents, neo-vampires, generic semi-human plastic, they all look like a great scale. If anyone gets their hands on a batch for comparison that'd be great.

Kered

If they are a good size I will probably be picking them up for genestealer conversions. The wings may work well for my gargoyles.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Vermis on December 28, 2011, 01:07:05 AM
I hadn't thought of this when I saw the pics on other forums, but as soon as I visited here I thought "genestealer conversions".

Only, would they be big enough?
possibly a bit small for purestrains, but certainly great for cult hybrids
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Fugitivus

One resource we could really do with, is a thread with size comparison pictures of Inquisitor scale miniatures next to the larger (and therefore potentially interesting) WH40K/WFB miniatures.
It's the Grimdark future of the Grimdark 41st Millenium, it's Grim and Dark and Grim and Dark and there is only War, Grimdark War on a thousand Grimdark fronts against the Grimdark threat of the Warp.

Kaled

Feel free to start a thread for such things. Or we can create a modelling section  on Carthax to list the alternate manufacturers, models, comparison pics etc.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Alyster Wick

Got a box of these guys, I'll be posting pics in a separate thread (hopefully later today) but they scale incredibly well. Heads are perfect for mutants/aliens/monsters. Arms are a little big and I've not yet assembled a full one but they are definitely useable in many capacities.

Trasher

Fugitivus: Don't forget LOTR! I'm interested in getting that Catapult troll with the gimp mask. Not sure what to do about that rock he's holding though...

Alyster Wick: I think it would be great if you started a thread where everyone can post size comparisons between different figures. If this would catch on, maybe it could become stickied?
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."