Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Patterns of Enlightenment

Started by Zephon, March 09, 2012, 02:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephon

Guard Listening Post 18, 4th Front, Optima

+++Vox signal detected+++
+++Trace? Y/N+++

+++Signal origin:Thrasymene Jungle+++
+++Check authorisation? Y/N+++

+++Authorisation: Classified. Delete all records+++
+++Delete message? Y/N+++

+++Deleting records... Anomaly! Interrupt+++

Thought for the Day: A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

My Lord Sarquis,

I regret to inform your Lordship that the alter-ego I maintained as of my last communiqué is now defunct, thanks to the +++Fragment Lost+++ and blood. Therefore, as you suggested, we now operate with the amalgamated 12th/26th Infantry Regiment. Given the serious nature of our current situation and the doubts of Colonel Wright, I was forced to display the symbol of our Holy Ordos. Though the connection to your Lordship is not explicit, it will be his assumption.

The +++Fragment Lost+++ I fear great powers at work. +++Fragment Lost+++ swift resolution. As you can see, I could not justify abandoning this position! These communiques will continue to be dispatched as arranged. Trusting this finds you well.

Your Servant and His,
'Wagner'

Addendum: Mariot tells me the High Priest was in conjunction with the Daemon in today's reading. Though worrying, he feels this confirms my plan is sound.

+++Anomaly resolved. Resume? Y/N+++

+++Message deleted+++

Zephon

Guard Listening Post 18, 4th Front, Optima

+++Trace? Y/N+++

+++Signal origin:Thrasymene Jungle+++

Thought: My armour is contempt

My Lord, it is worse than we feared: the Pattern lives yet. That their taint might be permitted is an abomination against His domain. Based on interrogation of captured mutants, rebels and civilians (all since terminated), coupled with multiple readings of the Emperor's Tarot, we discovered a nest of these vile heretics. They had desecrated the chapel of a logging settlement with their presence, and inflicted hideous tortures upon the residents of that unhappy place. We caught them by surprise, though we still faced foul sorceries and a writhing beast that martyred several Militants. However, none of my Militants, nor the Guard, were able to confirm the execution of the cult sorcerer.

Nevertheless, the vast majority of this cell lie dead, seven I have at various stage of the Question (yielding little, thus far), and the Weaver's (based on the interrogations, I believe the sorcerer was indeed one of the Fateful) malefic codex is warded and bound with chains of silver in my null box.

The political observers assigned to this regiment by the Governor's Office were most disagreeable following the purge. Since I was unable to reveal myself or explain the need for the destruction of the compound, I allowed them to inspect it. I do not think they could have uncovered anything before the artillery strike killed them. Technically, the regiment is a Guard unit now, and in an active warzone. Still, this may take some explaining.

Your Servant and His,
'Wagner'

+++Message deleted+++

Zephon

Guard Listening Post 21, 4th Front, Optima

+++Trace? Y/N+++

+++Signal origin: Hive Thrasymene+++

Thought for the Day: No man that died in His service died in vain

My Lord Sarquis,

It is my duty to inform your Lordship of the deaths that have been inflicted upon your agents in my service. Militants Edith, Vitner, Beauparlant, Elenora and Anchov all died in, or of wounds inflicting during, one of the many purges I have directed, of which that mentioned in my previous communiqué was but the first, and most successful.

Since then, the regiment has moved to establish a base in Hive Thrasymene. Colonel Wright is most displeased at the extended front-line duty, but General Gaius has either forgotten us or is still obedient.

One Righteous-Fury Valdes, assigned as Commissar, arrived soon after. I displayed to him my rosette and instructed him. However, of late he has displayed signs of discontent with my treatment of prisoners and captured paraphernalia.

My quarry remains elusive and interrogations reveal little. It can only be a matter of time before some lackey of Arbest displays a symbol of our order to Gaius and he reveals all.

Your Servant and His,
'Wagner'

+++Message deleted+++