Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

ideas for 2 warbands

Started by 0604854, April 26, 2012, 05:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I want everyones input on this, I have 2 initial ideas for warbands:

the first two eldar brothers from the destroyed craftworld of kher-ys ashamed outcasts withba hatred for chaos seeking a tesseract prison cubes to imprison the main daemon culprits of the war, the second is a c'tan shard of a deciever type (he will only be the main boss and eillbonly appear in the final scenario) but has a group of fanatical if unstable followers, he seeks to become leader of yhe planet an have all of the population as followers.

Koval

Quote from: 0604854 on April 26, 2012, 05:27:19 PM
I want everyones input on this, I have 2 initial ideas for warbands:

the first two eldar brothers from the destroyed craftworld of kher-ys ashamed outcasts withba hatred for chaos seeking a tesseract prison cubes to imprison the main daemon culprits of the war
The motive suffers from one giant flaw. Daemons don't care about geometry; tesseract hyper-prisons will just annoy them. Your Eldar will end up going on some long overblown quest for a MacGuffin that, in practice, doesn't do anything.
Quotethe second is a c'tan shard of a deciever type (he will only be the main boss and eillbonly appear in the final scenario) but has a group of fanatical if unstable followers, he seeks to become leader of yhe planet an have all of the population as followers.
You would be better off with a daemon. This C'tan shard has no connection to your first group's focus on Chaos, not to mention all the problems inherent in a C'tan shard being mentally coherent enough to see the need for followers. At least with a daemon it's easier to justify it having ambitions.

Mordenkenain

Tesseract Labyrinths do imprison daemons, the grey knights have a vault of them for that exact purpose; however, it is necron tech which the Eldar actually consider as bad as if not worse than daemons

The 'culprits' of the fall of Kher-Ys include a greater daemonically possessed avatar body, these Eldar are in for a bit of a shock

and...C'TAN...if it's intact enough to attract followers, it literally has the power to wipe player characters off the very fabric of space-time

For a 'boss' consider a lesser daemon, they are still horrifically powerful in inquisitor, and perhaps go for psychic weapons or something rather than Tesseracts, besides the issues I have already pointed out, they can pretty much only be found in the hands of the necrons or on Titan; everywhere else, they are rarer than the Emperor's blessed faeces
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

Draco Ferox

This seems horribly cliched, as you have two outcasts who are related on a quest to defeat the an avatar of that which lead to their exile.

Some of the concepts you seem to be talking about go beyond power gaming and into the realm of impossible to actually play scenarios (so here's the C'tan shard, he ignores all terrain, can't be killed and annihalates everything he so much as touches. Have fun!
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Koval

Quote from: Mordenkenain on April 26, 2012, 07:01:26 PM
Tesseract Labyrinths do imprison daemons, the grey knights have a vault of them for that exact purpose
I'm fairly sure the Necron book goes into detail as to why daemons can just No Sell attempts to bring extra spatial and hyperspatial dimensions into play. Something about "a new facet of reality to corrupt". I don't see how it's going to work unless it's psychically warded.

Draco Ferox

I've heard that some types of obsidian are anti-psychic, and seeing as daemons are made of psychic energy, an obsidian prison would seem to be a solution.
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Dolnikan

Both warbands suffer from a flaw I think, as has been said before, C'tan, even in an incredibly weakened form are an impossibly strong enemy for a warbands, even in a scenario where it does not have to be faced directly things can very quickly become a contest in having enough luck to not get killed immediately.

A kind of prison for daemons is possible, but such an aim, especially when targeted at a specific daemon is immensely difficult, first they have to catch it, and then they will have to keep it imprisoned, while there are plenty of people who would gladly free the daemon hoping for a nice little reward.

I am sorry for being this negative but I think that such powerful beings have no place in Inquisitor, The difference in power easily becomes too great to allow anyone else to survive.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Point taken on the c'tan it would be a bit powerful, but c'tan followers would be a viable option still?

in terms of the eldar I am thinking of them hunting as many of the daemons as possible banishing them back to the warp, they are seeking a obsidian prison, a relic of the old ones for inprisoning daemons and other beings such as c'tan, their connection to the c'tan followers is information, the c'tan stole the prison during the war although it was lost during a battle with enslavers, it is thought the c'tan seek it and the eldar want to know what the c'tan followers know.

The new big bad buy will be a daemon who will be summoned by cultists who also seeks it to imprison some of he's daemonic rivals.

Is that any better?

Koval

Why do you even need the C'tan at all? You don't. Just make it a daemon, it's far less contrived.

The c'tan would not appear but he's followers will

Charax

Actually I'd go the opposite way, Daemons are ALWAYS the bad guys in Inquisitor games, it's a bit tiresome, and I don't see why a tiny, tiny, tiny, TINY, nonsentient shard of a C'tan couldn't have some place in Inquisitor - acting solely on the instinct to recombine with other shards and regain its power, but still capable of reacting to threats and instilling in other creatures that same desire to seek out other shards, co-opting their brainpower into finding a means to that end. In game terms the C'tan shard doesn't even need to be a character, it could be a piece of wargear in itself.

The Eldar idea, however, is contrived, cliched rubbish, scrap it and start over.
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

I want to have a warband of eldar what ideas do you have as an alternative

Mordenkenain

to all you people who are saying daemons can't be trapped in a tesseract labyrinth, see GK codex pg 11: The vault of labyrinths (although I don't think it's a great plot hook, for an inquisitor game)

to 0604854: you could easily keep the survivors from Kher-Ys thing, just ditch the OTT vengeance thing, it makes characters quite 1 dimensional, choose a more detailed motive for them. If they are the only survivors, they'll have suddenly found themselves with no real place in the galaxy, their craftworld is gone, and they'll be tainted in the eyes of other Eldar... why not see where that line of reasoning leads
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Mordenkenain on April 27, 2012, 11:28:09 PMsee GK codex pg 11
That would involve trying to read something Mat Ward had written without vomiting on it.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: Mordenkenain on April 27, 2012, 11:28:09 PM
to all you people who are saying daemons can't be trapped in a tesseract labyrinth, see GK codex pg 11: The vault of labyrinths (although I don't think it's a great plot hook, for an inquisitor game)
Contrast with Codex: Necrons pg.85 (the box marked "Strange Sciences"). Ward doesn't know what he's talking about if he's flip-flopping between "yes they can" and "no they can't".

In terms of physics, I don't see how it's possible unless the ones the Grey Knights use are warded/somehow sealed against Warp-stuff/made from things that daemons don't like, as otherwise there is absolutely no reason for daemons to care about there being more, or indeed fewer, than the three dimensions to which we are accustomed. The fact that the ones the Grey Knights use are then sealed in stasis probably comes in quite handy once they've been pokéballed, but a four-dimensional labyrinth (in and of itself) ain't gonna hold them for long.