Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New Release Necron Goodness

Started by Alyster Wick, April 29, 2012, 05:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alyster Wick

No one posted it yet so I figured I would: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=2400058-gws

Really loving the new look of these Necron minis. The Spyder, Wraiths and Stalker are all perfect for Inquisitor use. Great for admech, dark mechanicus, heretical AI, Necrons or even bizarre xeno-tech. Personally I may take a look at the wraiths as a base for a Sslyth (I wasn't a huge fan of the stock DE model's look so I may conveniently ignore it during the creation of a 54mm Sslyth, or I could just create another species).

Anyway, great models and definitely a lot of possibilities at 54mm (if only for bitz).

Charax

This is one of the few occasions where the third-party releases (Specifically Puppet's war's Wraiths, Tomb Blades and Tomb Spyders, and the Bitspudlo Triarch Stalker ) are substantially worse than the GW figures, the new releases look incredible.

I can quite easily see the Triarch being used as the basis for a 54mm Tomb Spyder (and having faced a Tomb Spyder in Inquisitor before, I don't recommend it) while the Canoptek constructs are just beautiful. No idea what I'd use them as but they're certainly worthy of note.

Not a fan of the Tomb Blades though, and aside from the legs on Szeras the special characters look rather dull, as do the Destroyer packs (ooh, Canoptek spyder might make a good basis for a 54mm Destroyer...)

The destroyers have bugged me since the codex was released. Destroyers are meant to go mad and alter their own bodies to maximise destructive potential...so why do they always choose the same anti-grav chassis and weaponry?
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

MarcoSkoll

While there's some nice models in there, I have to say that reading the specifics of what the units actually are and the "thes modul iz totaliy awesum doods, ur anymees whill absulutli hayt u iff u hav wun" leaves me very, very glad that GW has forgotten Inquisitor.

S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Marco: Well they've got to have a sales pitch of some sort, right?

Charax: Probably something to do with efficiency / "this works", but I dunno, there's potential for Destroyers at different stages of Destroyer-hood that prefer different things.

The Spyder looks pretty sweet, though I'm ever so slightly underwhelmed by the Stalker. I saw a pretty sweet conversion of a Ghost Ark (I think it was a Ghost Ark anyway) that looked nicer than the current Stalker model. Was expecting it to be a little bit more Reaper-like, but I guess you can't have it all...

Charax

if you want a Reaper, Hawk Wargames have a distiinctly Reaper-looking ship coming out for their 10mm Dropship Commander game, but that won't be out for a while
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Koval

Wasn't specifically looking for a Reaper -- I just thought the Codex art and the conversion I saw looked more Reaper-like than the actual model does.

Dolnikan

These could be useful for more mechanical-looking parts. Those wraiths could be a base for a cyber-snake(I really want one). But overall I think that they're pretty dull.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Necris

Is it just me or has GW's designer been forced to watch The Matrix trilogy back to back when they were coming up with ideas for the new necrons?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Inquisitor Goldeneye

^^^^^
I don't know about The Matrix, but something about the G.W. Tomb Blades irresistibly reminds me of the gyroscopic transport device that Mr. Garrison built in that one episode of South Park (I would link to a clip, but it's a bit N.S.F.W. for a family site).

Still, I quite like the other stuff. I'm not sold on the Necron's silly new hair-dos, though (I know they're supposed to be some sort of head-dress or crest, but to me it looks suspiciously like some Necrons are sporting a 'Flock of Seagulls' type do; the chappies here on the left, for example).
'A truth that's told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.' -  William Wordsworth.

Mordenkenain

speaking as a 40k necron player; characters: no, Tomb Blades: maybe but would require extensive converting before I'd be happy to use them, Triarch thing: probably at some point, Spyder: Yes, a million times yes, Wraiths: yes, YES, OH YES...

also, to bring the post back into this forum, spyder and wraiths look the best things to get Inq scale stuff off of (though I may end up making a 54mm stalker at some point... watch this space)
Bonis Nocet Quisquis Malis Pepercit