Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Another newbie intro...

Started by Thade, August 19, 2012, 08:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thade

Hey everyone,

I'm getting back into Inquisitor after several years of absence and, as another newbie said (can't find the link), "all roads inquisitor lead to the conlcave," so here I am! Time permitting, I'm hoping to post and get feedback on my original warband (mostly based on Phil Kelly's Inquisitor Lichtenstein's warband featured in WD: I was young and unoriginal) and a new, more puritanical warband I'm building.

But more than anything I'm excited to join the community. I've been lurking for a few weeks and now feel ready to join in the discussion. I'm new, so please be nice!

Dolnikan

Welcome to the Conclave!

With that outof the way, I look forwards to seeing your models and of course to discussing the game.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Thade

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading about the "conclave standard" for characters, and I think I need to tone mine down a bit before posting: right now there's a fair few power weapons, bolters, and stats over 80.

Dolnikan

Then youshould probably adapt them if you want us to like them, although a good background can justify some things. It of course alse depends on the people you play with, it's little fun(most of the time) to be the guy bringing some underarmed goons to fight space marines.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Van Helser

As Dolnikan says, if you play in a group where everyone has high stats then you are gaming on a level playing field, but by leaving the power weapons at home and lowering the stats games can become more exciting - the fate of a planet can end up resting upon a 50/50 dice roll... Far more interesting than only having to worry about auto fails on a 96-00!

Welcome aboard.

Ruaridh