Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Vampires, Bounty Hunters, Mirry's INQ28

Started by mirryhalo, April 05, 2013, 01:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirryhalo

So my new warband is lead by 'the last vampire', no-one knows he's actually a vampire he's just know as The Count. The idea is that he is the last in a long line of vampires who originally came from Terra. Whenever anyone contacts him they have to go through his butler Mr. White, I haven't got the model for him yet but I was thinking this one may do well http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/private%20eye/sku-down/50051 he's the middle man and also goes out on the field with him, I was thinking he was an old family butler who has also got prolonged life thanks to dark magics.

Those are the only two models to start then The Count can raise 2 Zombies to help him out. Any way Here are the models I've got.

Here's The count he's got a web pistol and a daemon sword in his hands and slung round his back is a hunting rifle, to go in with the whole human are prey kind of thing.

And these are the two zombies (the comms guy obviously isn't quite finished yet) I was kind of going for a COD nazi zombie feel with the tank commander

The group as a whole so far.

Keravin

I like the count and the slung rifle works well.    The head works well, but I'd suggest trimming the ears to be less eldar.

Not certain about the fluff.   Calling him the Count is pretty unimaginative.    The thralls are also a little too healthy skin wise I would say.

mirryhalo

Quote from: Keravin on April 05, 2013, 01:57:13 PM
I like the count and the slung rifle works well.    The head works well, but I'd suggest trimming the ears to be less eldar.

Not certain about the fluff.   Calling him the Count is pretty unimaginative.    The thralls are also a little too healthy skin wise I would say.

Yeah I know about the name being a bit unimaginative but I thought it would be what Mr. White called him to the clients also with respect to the skin tone with the comms zombie he's not done yet and the tank commander you can't see it o well in the photo but his skin has got a greeny rotten tinge to it 

greenstuff_gav

i've got a The Count as well :)
(and zombies :) )

i like the Cultist conversion and the zombie with binoculars... teh comms zombie isn't very zombie-like (as Keravin noted) .. maybe try giving the skin a green wash / glaze?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

mirryhalo

The comms Zombie now finished as well as other thing that I did I hope We're all happy with his more undead skin!

mirryhalo

Soo I've finished my vampire and took ages over how I was going to paint the sword I originally was going to go red then I changed my mind to green but in the end I went back to red, mainly as his sword is called 'Blooddrinker'! But any way here are some pictures what do you think?:

and the whole gang together so far...

I'm thinking I may not go for a 'Mr. White' butler character to accompany him and may go for either a servitor or two or make a thrall, as I think that's slightly more vampiric.

mirryhalo

I put up the rules for these guys take a look if you're interested

mirryhalo

I've decided to go for a thrall to accompany my vampire. Its a simple conversion just a head swap and a knife on the back of one of the cultists that came with the guy I based my Vampire on. I put some crates on the back of his stand to make him a bit more interesting

C+C welcome

mirryhalo

I've painted up the thrall now so I've got the warband completely finished now

And here's the entire warband:

Alyster Wick

The models are really solid, I love the look you've gotten with your bounty hunter.

I've not read the background yet but I will say this: there are too many options to choose from in order to have a "vampire" character (dark eldar, khorne worshiper, nurgle worshiper, haemevore, etc). IMO you should stick with one of those possibilities rather than completely generating a new species/virus/etc. It seems to clash with the background when you could easily meld it.

mirryhalo

It's been a while since I've posted anything or done anything at all really but here's a bit of an update so I used this guy from the dark vengeance set....

To make this fellla my ex guardsman (no prizes for guessing where he's from)

Sorry about the poor picture quality but yeah here it is what do you think C & C welcome

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: mirryhalo on July 15, 2013, 10:15:23 PMno prizes for guessing where he's from
331st or 3rd Armoured Tallarn.
Tallarn is far enough away from the Tau Empire* that he's only likely to have picked that up during the Taros campaign and while the 17th, 89th and 12th Armoured Tallarn also fought there, they took enough casualties to all be folded into one of the above two.

*Because the best place to look for troops is the next Segmentum. If ever we needed proof that a) the Imperium is total bureaucracy and b) characters making jaunts across the galaxy isn't that preposterous by the standards of some of the official stuff.

Deduction done, he looks good so far. The model actually has a better sense of movement compared to the original.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

mirryhalo

Thanks Marco, well I was thinking just Tallarn but that is way more specific and it'll help me a lot with the background thanks
not too sure how I'm going to paint it but I think the modelling is all finished now

mirryhalo

also are there any rules for pulse carbines in inquisitor?

MarcoSkoll

Kaled wrote some for Firebase magazine. Issue 6, part 2. I'm not sure if it's still available via official sources, but it is on the Archive here.

I will also eventually be adding rules for Tau weapons to the Revised Armoury. However, the timing on that is unknown.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles