Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Toy's n' That....

Started by Lord Borak, April 08, 2015, 11:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Borak

Well, been a while. Ok, over a year. But when you're old a year doesn't matter much, right? I mean, I still haven't painted stuff from 10 years ago so, what's 14 months between gamers?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway. I've been massively distracted by 40k, namely Imperial Knights and then, bored with 40k, got back into Battle fleet Gothic in a big way. For some reason, I decided to flog some bits from my Inquisitor bits box to fund my Gothic Habbit and that got me tinkering with parts again..... Then I found the hacked up remains of a guardsmen I got in a lot from ebay, then I remembered the half cyborg guardsmen I was going to do and then....... Well. Here he is!

Veteran Guardsman Frank Steinn!! Company Standard bearer of the Cartonia Jackals (278th Regiment, 6th Company)

The back story for this chap is that, whilst outwardly unremarkable nor possessing any particular skills that would be of benefit to the holy ordos Trooper Steinn is incredibly lucky. Unnaturally so. Surviving ambushes, drop site massacres, Forlorn hopes - only to appear not only alive but somehow triumphant, or if not triumphant at least alive! He has occasionally suffered horrific injuries but when this has occurred it has only kept him away from the front line when things have gone disastrously wrong for assaulting/defending units. His reputation as a good luck charm soon brought the attention of the commissars and, suspecting him warp touched, eventually the Inquisition. However no trace of corruption or Warp-taint could be found and he was taken into Inquisitorial custody for examination. Shortly after that his whole regiment was lost in the warp whilst in transit from one warzone to another. Since then he has found himself attached to several inquisitors as muscle over the last few decades and has outlived 3 of them, twice being the only survivor of a warband to return.

Quite what Trooper Steinn makes of all this is unknown, he lost the ability to speak when his right arm and half his face was burnt off when a plasma trooper beside him over heated. However in recent years he has become increasingly devout, attending the chapel when not training or preparing his gear. He has also become reckless in combat situations, whether this is because he believes he is charmed and is being saved for some higher purpose, to act the Imperial Hero and lucky charm everyone thinks he is or because he has become bored and jaded with life and simply wants to find that final bullet that will end his life is unkown.

For now, he follows orders like a true servant of the Imperium and fights with a grim enthusiasm that leaves even some lauded Inquisitors raising eyebrows.

WS/58, BS/67, Str/62, T/64, I/59, Wp/61, Sg/52, Nv/73, Ld/64.

Skills/Abilities:
- Heroic.
- Ambidextrous (he's had to learn after losing his right hand!)

Weapons:
- Auto Pistol with Custom Drum Mag (Clip of 40 but Reload 5). 1 Extra Reload. 
- Knife
- Tube Charge (Frag Grenade)
- Claw Hand (Counts as Improvised Weapon with no Parry Penalty)

Equipment:
- Average Bionic Right Leg
- Average Bionic Right Arm (str46)
- Average Bionic Right Eye with built in Range Finder
- Flak armour on all locations except head.
- Bionic head (AV2)

Sorry for the Rubbish pictures. I'll get better ones when he has some paint applied! What are your thoughts on him?

Radu Lykan

I am massively reminded of my intention to recreate ed the head off the cover of the trooper in inquisitor form :)
Great stuff, what are the colours of the cartonians?

Lord Borak

Well, I've just base coated him in a Dark green. So probably green! Not sure about the armour/weapons though. Maybe black? Or a different variation of the green. What say you?

Obviously well camouflaged. Green cammo on a metal, industrial base! :D

Dallo

Frank sounds like an interesting character.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

mcjomar

Looking good, and good to see you posting again!
I've been tempted to design a similar character for a while now, but at 28mm.
Nice write up!
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

KaptiDavy

Reminds me of one of my own characters (a guardsman shot in the head, heh), so who knows???
I just might prepare my own return :D

Let's bring those pics, I wanna see that right ankle!