Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Gaming aids

Started by Fragmatic, October 01, 2009, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragmatic

Quote from: Molotov on October 04, 2009, 06:04:12 PM
I guess I'll have to print them out at half-size for INQ28! :)

Actually, these were intended for INQ28. If you play like we do and use centimeters for 'yards', you don't have to modify a thing. (BTW, what is the generally accepted convention for measurements around here?)

I'll finish the last couple of range bands for the updated version as soon as I get around to it (which, considering that I intend to use them tomorrow, will probably be some time during the next few hours :P ).

Molotov

Ah, that's a shame - my group uses half an inch for a yard...
INQ28 Thread | INQ28 Blog
INQ28, done properly, is at least the equal of its big brother - and Mol is one of the expert proponents of "done properly".
- precinctomega

Fragmatic

Well, I guess that makes sense. I know that using centimeters makes the average 28 mm figures about Space Marine height scale-wise, but most of our group voted for ease of use instead of being completely up to scale. At the end of the day, what matters most is consistency. We've tried several methods during our first game but ended up sticking to this since it's easy to handle and more intuitive for us. Also, we here in the Wild East didn't have too many rulers with imperial measurements lying around. :P (I don't know where my good ol' red sticks from my Wh40k days have disappeared to.)

After I've finished this set, I'll scale them up for other systems of measurement.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Fragmatic on October 04, 2009, 07:10:44 PMBTW, what is the generally accepted convention for measurements around here?
Generally, 1" to 1 yard, because most play Inq at 54mm scale.

Inq 28 is much less consistent. Some play at half inch to a yard, some a centimetre - there is no commonly accepted convention.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Hadriel Caine

Fragmatic. Simply excellent work I will be printing out some counters asap.

:D yay

Adam
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

greenstuff_gav

agree.. brilliant counters!

hope you don't mind, i've added 'em to A Seperate Sticky Thread so people can still talk about 'em here :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination