Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Kaled Returns...

Started by Kaled, June 07, 2015, 05:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Inquisitor Kaled has returned to the halls of the Carthaxian Conclave.  Thought to have been killed during the events at Parallax, many wild rumours have now surfaced surrounding his activities in the intervening decades, including tales of a lost Hyborian Battleship, an invasion by the Graveel Hegemony, and a conspiracy within the Inquisitorial Fortress on Tigguo Cobauc.  Since his return, Kaled has spent most of his time at the Inquisitorial Fortress on Pillarus Prime in conference with Lords Calleia, Ostrander and Fraal, and it is rumoured that his ordination as an Inquisitor Lord is imminent.

It's been ages since I built any Inquisitor models, but since I've recently cleared my queue of Malifaux and Batman miniatures and don't have much spare cash right now, I figured I'd build and paint some of the models that never got built.  The first is a simple conversion for a third version of Kaled - this time in more formal robes, but still armed with one of his trusty pistols.  There's still some work to do on him - mostly gap filling and the like - but figured I'd share my progress so far.

- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Dullmohawk

Huzzah huzzah, they day has cometh!

Kaled is looking sharper than ever, albiet a bit older and less in-the-field than usual. Can't wait to see the progress. What model did you base him on?
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcadiansmugglers/photos/album/906840101/pic/list  <--- Bits to trade? Check out my Arcadian Smuggler Album!

greenstuff_gav

my guess'd be the Navigator; if it's sculpted may need to get you to make summat for me :lol:

i'll echo, fantastic miniature and can't wait to see what colours he ends up! :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Thanks.  He's based on a DeAgostini Star Wars figurine;

I bought a whole load of them cheap on eBay ages ago - they're not great, but make a good base for conversions.

Radu Lykan

good to see you back, kaled is looking great, might have  a look at the starwars figurines, bought a few lord of the rings ones way back, some starwars could be good as well

Van Helser

Happy to see you've caught the bug again.

The Emperor model seems like a great basis for filling a table with robed adepts or cultists. May have to see about tracking one down and making some moulds.

Ruaridh

greenstuff_gav

I was thinki g the exact same thing! :-)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Good to see you back and modelling again, Dave. Quite aside from it being good to know that this community still has a little life in it, your work is always something of a treat.

As he is, his arms perhaps look a little long - it's probably to do with the heroic scale hands, but I'm not sure how much it's genuinely the larger hands lengthening the arms or just an optical illusion from them making the arms look slender.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I think it's partly the usual problem of adding heroic scale hands to a more realistically proportioned model, but also I think the Emperor model has one arm slightly longer than the other anyway.

After posting the pics, I decided that I wasn't happy with the positioning of his face under the hood so chopped him back up and shifted it upwards a touch and it looks a lot better now. Still haven't done any of the greenstuff work yet though.