Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

54mm Weapons

Started by Mike Blake, September 19, 2015, 11:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charax

two sets coming my way!
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

Legio Destructor

Quote from: gpemby on June 29, 2017, 10:08:18 PM
Soooooo..... this has happened:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-54mm-scale-weapons-pack-16-pieces-inquisitor-/122572288688?hash=item1c89e0b2b0:g:NxcAAOSw9~5ZVUM3

yes, the caster has listed them on ebay while I was abroad.

If you need ebay security, you can buy them there, or drop me a message and we can do a better deal outside ebay.

RobSkib

Hey there rainy day fund, looks like it's raining particularly heavily today.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

RobSkib

My Shapeways order arrived! Thanks to gpemby for the heads up and pointing me in the right direction :)

I must admit, when I first saw them laid out on the mat I was a little skeptical - many of them looked too big to work, even at 'heroic' scale. The pump shotty in particular looked almost 20% bigger than the vanilla Inquisitor pump shotty, and I thought it might look goofy in 54mm hands.

I did some dry runs with bluetack and I think the results speak for themselves. I am overall very pleased with the entire kit! I'm looking forward to dry-fitting some test models with some of these pieces (I never had an inclination to make a graviton gun-armed model until now...). Some of them are a little chunky for my tastes, the semi-auto scoped rifle and pump shotty for example, but it just means they have to be held by chunky hands rather than dainty 'true-scale' hands.

All in all, superb. I'm looking forward to seeing a pistol pack in the future ;)

+++++++

Charax

Got my weapon packs from the ebay auction in the post today, they look amazing! perfect casts with almost no flash, just need to figure out how I'm going to use them
(No longer} The guy with his name at the bottom of the page

mcjomar

I may grab a pack so I can upgrade some 54mm halo spartans I got after seeing some security troopers...
The two I've got are currently wielding a storm bolter as a bolt pistol, and a heavy bolter as an overlarge boltgun.
It seems like the perfect excuse to give one a double barrelled shotgun, and the other a plasmagun from this set.
We'll see...
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

RobSkib

My parts arrived too! I've knocked up some scale photos of all the bits in case anyone was on the fence. Not pictured but included in the pack are a belt and box feeds for the heavy bolter, a large and small scope that fits on most of the guns, and a long suppressor that fits the semi-auto pistol very snugly.

+++++++

mcjomar

Those are all under the category of "do want"!

E: For the halo troopers I'd mostly want the bolter, plasmagun, and bolt pistol I think.
Not sure what I'd use the rest for.
I found a set of 54mm metal gear solid V Ground Zeroes models though, but I can't really judge what will work until they turn up...
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Legio Destructor

Thanks for the pix RobSkib!!!

Some would need some size tweaking for sure. As a first try they are OK. I am still learning the modelling thing. Was unsure of correct sizes.

I will dig out my space marine to see how these fit them.

RobSkib

Quote from: Legio Destructor on July 14, 2017, 08:10:26 AM
Thanks for the pix RobSkib!!!

Glad someone found them useful!

Quote from: Legio Destructor on July 14, 2017, 08:10:26 AM
I will dig out my space marine to see how these fit them.

I have a Space Marine kicking about somewhere too, I could get some scale shots with that if it would be helpful?

Also, I messaged the seller through eBay, but I figured I should probably say it here as well. Have you considered doing a similar but smaller weapon pack, such as with pistols and light rifles? The only thing preventing me from buying two packs at the moment is I'm not sure I'll get much use out of the special/heavy weapons in the pack, let alone two copies of them! It's no fault of your own, but I now have four 54mm scale heavy bolters ;)

I'd be very interested in a pistol/rifle/shotgun pack however, and could easily see myself buying multiple lots of those.
                                     +++++++

Radu Lykan

Robskib- if you don't want the heavy bolter and flamer from the last set of pics then I will happily take them off your hands, pm me a price? I have a need for those two guns but not the rest of the set (yet)

gpemby

First look at Lasgun pack I am working on!

RobSkib

Absolutely delicious. Can I cheekily inquire if we'll get to see some other variants of laspistol? There's a host in Marco's expanded armoury, and some really nice designs in the Inquisitor's Handbook from the Dark Heresy 40k RPG line, such as a high-caliber desert eagle-style laspistol, or a long and elegant duelling laspistol?
                                     +++++++

gpemby

Quote from: RobSkib on July 19, 2017, 12:44:06 PM
Absolutely delicious. Can I cheekily inquire if we'll get to see some other variants of laspistol? There's a host in Marco's expanded armoury, and some really nice designs in the Inquisitor's Handbook from the Dark Heresy 40k RPG line, such as a high-caliber desert eagle-style laspistol, or a long and elegant duelling laspistol?

100,000 % Yes! These are literally being designed to be the core 'scale' tests to get the sizes right and from these there are planned variant's that will better suit the inquisitor world!

Such as this WIP 'special forces' laspistol. More compact with built in laser sight or torch.

I have 2 laspistol variants that I will be mocking up next to go along side this one.

These models are also deliberately modular so I can add extended mags, or drum power cells or a back pack power connectors with reasonable ease. Also if there is demand for sets of spare power packs to be made then I can do that as well.

By all means put in requests, give me page numbers or source links and I will have a look at adding them to my road map. I'd rather put the effort into building things people want along side what I want. This is open to everyone/anyone for any guns.

Lord Borak

I'd really like a paired set of scaled down bolt pistol type weapons. :D Maybe Bolt pistol looking but maybe stubbers?

The updates are looking great man. Keep up the good work!!