Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The Incident at Sorrento IV - GW Middlesbrough

Started by RobSkib, October 02, 2009, 10:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

Okay 'Clavers, here's the skinny.

So I've finally decided to be a man and run a campaign with real people, not the bizarre twisted aberrations I've been playing with so far at home (and you should see their models, jeez!), so I've talked to the lovely chaps at GW Middlesbrough and they were delighted about letting me host an Inquisitor Campaign.

Every thursday (Starting 8th October) at 5.30 kick-off will be a game run by myself and my uni friends following the trials and tribulations of Inquisitor Vanth and his vain attempt to reclaim the world of Sorrento IV.

The first scenario is called Incident at Port Luthor which will document the actions taken by undercover Interrogator Ezekiel Dune as he tries to wrest control of a heretical text smuggled into the space port from a stubborn Admiral. Little do both parties know, however, that Bounty Hunters are also watching the scene, waiting for the perfect time to strike at Interrogator Dune to collect the bounty put on his head by a rival Inquisitor.

Models and scenery will all be supplied, and the first game will be more of an introductory session for anyone new who turns up and wants to play, but the game should have sufficient depth to be entertaining to new folk and longbeards alike!

TL;DR - An Inquisitor campaign at GW Middlesbrough every thursday evening (5:30 kick-off) from Thursday 8th October

I'll probably start a different thread discussing the characters used, so this one can be used for logistics - I hope to see a couple of you there!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Nate

Damnit, Inquisitor somewhere I could feasably get to (from Newcastle) on a night I can't!

Grr...

RobSkib

I'm sure whatever it is that you're doing every thursday night is not nearly as =][=mportant as this :P
                                     +++++++

Cal

Ha! No sooner do I find my way to the Conclave than somebody arranges for an Inquisitor night down the road from where i live  ;D

Shame it starts in my freshers week, if I missed the first night would it still be possible for me to go along to some of the others and get a taste of =][= ??

RobSkib

No problemo. Where abouts are you living? I'm shacked up in Teesside house with the rest of the guys I'm hosting with - is this your first year?

Also, did you see the amazingly wonderful posters the guys there made for us?  :P
                                     +++++++

Cal

I live in a town just down the road from Middlesbrough called Yarm. I'm not sure what posters you are talking about, if they are at GW then I have not been there in yonks, I'm just getting back into wargames and I apparently have quite good timing  :)

I'm not studying at the same Uni as you, I am at the Durham Queen's Campus down the road for a year before I move to Durham City but I would defineitely love to get involved in a campaign and learn to play Inquisitor.

How many models would I need as I only have a couple that I managed to blag off Ebay for a few quid.

RobSkib

I'm providing all the models, character sheets, scenery, dice et al - the only thing you need is yourself and a desire to put the business end of a boomstick at your preferred choice of enemy. You just need to turn up ( and announce your allegiances to the conclave to get a reserved slot  ;) ) and get stuck in. The games kick off at 5.30 every thursday, starting this coming thursday. Obviously if you can't make this one, then hopefully we'll see you at future skirmishes!

Of course, if you did want to bring your models along, you'd be more than welcome to. Whether you just want to show them off, or if you want to get them into a game I'm sure I could drop planned characters here and there to make room for your own band of merry men. If not, then just turn up and beat the snot out of some Imperial Guardsmen as a Kroot bounty hunter, or crack some bawdy Dock-worker's head in with the butt of a lasgun! Who said the art of conversation is dead?
                                     +++++++

Cal

Excellent, having had a look through the retrospectives in the P+M section I think its safe to say I'd rather play with your masterpieces than whatever horrific creatures emerge from the end of my painting process  :P

On a slightly different note two of the models I picked up from ebay are the civvy dockworkers. and although they are currently disguised with all over black camo  ::) I would be happy to bring them along if it would add character to your spaceport scenarios as npcs.

Nate

I may actually be unable to resist dragging my arse down to middlesborough for this. Will check when the last train home is, what time are you guys thinking of finishing this?

As its gonna take about 2-3 hours of travel to get there and I'm *supposed* to be training on thursdays I definately can't be a regular attendee, but I'd love to come down for a chance to meet other Inq players and have a bit of a play around.

RobSkib

Smashing news! Well the GW's only 5 minutes walk from the station and I don't plan on finishing later than 7:30-8, at least I hope to see you on the first night!
                                     +++++++

Nate

Not going to be able to make it tonight I'm afraid, something came up.

Or rather something didn't come up.

The something in this case being a bus, which was supposed to get me to the train station before 5...

Will try again at some point, hopefully with a mini to bring with me =P

Cal

So how did the game go last night?  I hope everything is still on for next thursday as I am looking forward to it.  ;D

RobSkib

Sorry, had a little internet downtime!

The game on thursday went rather well, with there being more interest than I thought there would be. It all ended rather gruesomely with the kroot messily devouring the Interrogator and the dock workers successfully defending the objective.

The next one is going to be a bit of a bloodfest; Vanth is sending his best men to an abandoned warehouse where he suspects the final pages of the tome (that the interrogator was supposed to pick up from the docks) have made their way into The Wrong Hands(tm) and local reports suggest a sharp and sudden increase in the number of murders and abductions nearby. It's going to be a good one!
                                     +++++++

Cal

Sounds good. I intend to be there this Thursday (workload permitting), I look forward to giving those Wrong Hands a slap on the wrist! (or not  ;))