Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A question for the casters

Started by mcjomar, February 22, 2016, 01:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Yeah I read back/up on that event. Some guy in france found and acquired the las weapons resin pack on ebay - no idea how it got there. It was sold in multiple parts, and Charax (and one or two others) pushed the price up as high as possible, as the guy was just going to stick them in a cabinet as collectors items rather than having them recast or at least using them on minis.
I'm half tempted to do the same here, but the fact it got pushed to $71 already is nasty as it is, I don't want to risk picking these up at much over that price.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Lord Borak

So......... Where can I get some casts of the Las Weapons then???  ;D

mcjomar

No such luck.  The french guy stuck them in a cabinet. We're never seeing those again unless one of us pays to have them 3d printed
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

Lord Borak

Gah, The Dock worker and the Bloodhound parts have gone already. I did grab a Jena though.

Redsunz2000

Thanks Mcjomar - that Inquisitor Scarn did not show up in my standing Ebay search. I've just bought Scarn from him, but not for the full price he was asking (for some reason I already had his hand in a batch of oddments from Ebay a while ago - so he is complete now).
I can make him available to this group to cast from. I am after a cast of a Valhallan head if anyone can help (I've got the Valhallan legs).
David
Playing Gorkamorka for the laughs; Mordheim and Inquisitor for the dark and sinister.

mcjomar

I think Lord Borak is the most capable for providing sculpting/casting support?
He's got a cast of my Thorian model.

Lord Borak

I have a mould of that head already done. Did you want his legs as well?

Oh, I have these to add to my list.

Chaos Magus
Quovandius
Fabian
Eldar ranger (minus arms & Bare head)
Daemonhuntress
Tau Fire Warrior

I'll make a cast of the Chaos Magus and Mutants shortly.

Redsunz2000

PM sent Lord Borak - thanks. ;D
D
Playing Gorkamorka for the laughs; Mordheim and Inquisitor for the dark and sinister.

cymrilian

i saw that buried in this thread was a response from Marcoskull, who may possibly be persuaded to cast up reproductions of some of the unreleased parts (partially complete versions of some of the Lasgun pack and the "Bloody Paulus" conversion set for Sgt Stone).

In an attempt at persuasion, if this was to happen, i'd be happy to loan out for casting some equally rare parts i recently acquired.

I've got the legs of the rat-catcher
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/File:Limited_Release_-_Inquisitor_54mm_Imperial_Citizens.jpg

and very rare, the legs of this unreleased fig
http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/File:Unreleased_-_Inquisitor_54mm_Figure_parts.jpg

TallulahBelle

those unreleased legs are gorgeous, if you do get them casted I would love a set. theres so much of these models I never even SAW let alone had a chance to buy, I procrastinated coz... I assumed they'd always be available and was so ill when they did the final sell of I couldn't get an order in.

Has anyone got a built and painted Scarn picture anywhere?

cymrilian

yeah. more leg options is always a bonus. I'll see what i can do regarding casts

Thantos

Dabbling with metal casts now  :D

Listed on ebay some =][= pendants i sculpted. If anyone is interested ;D
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/112069090301?

They look extra nice when stained with chaos black paint.

I dont like metal models, but for metal pewter jewelry it's quite cool. May do a ring sometime with digital weapon in it! xD

TallulahBelle

Oh I like those I would love a rosette done based on my design for belle someday would you be interested?

Thantos

Sure, if you send an image of the piece you are after, will see about sculpting it :D