Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

A question for the casters

Started by mcjomar, February 22, 2016, 01:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mentirius

Valhallan legs! :P

Chain weapon pack, Force weapon pack, probably any other weapon packs would be nice.  I think I had the melta one somewhere but that's about it, and those have limited uses really, what with the IC rarity factor and being a bit overpowered for the average game...  Las-weapons pack would obviously be the holy grail, but no one has those so far as I know (I think there's a thread somewhere on how that tragedy occurred).  Bloody Paulus is a nice thought; I don't think I've ever seen a painted Paulus in the flesh.  Moulds of all the servo-skull variants would probably come in handy too.

Re: full models as opposed to conversion packs, in an ideal world I'd vote for Scarn and Sabellus/Crime Boss if you have either, followed by any/all Imperial civilians you can get your hands on, and maybe also the Sister Repentia.  Unbound Daemonhost and Callidus Assassin are probably equally rare, but I doubt there's quite as much demand for them.

By way of a wild card, if you have the Artel W Witch Hunter that'd be an amazing non-GW choice.

In theory I'd buy recasts of any of this stuff, just to have it "in the bank" for when I get around to modelling again.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: seaglen on February 17, 2021, 11:04:45 PM@MarcoSkoll - I’m wondering, looking back through this thread - are you in possession of the ‘bloody Paulus’ conversion kit for sgt. stone? That head and arms have been on my wish list for years.
A half complete attempt to remake it, no more.

QuoteLas-weapons pack would obviously be the holy grail, but no one has those so far as I know
As far as weapons, I definitely have not been ripping the weapon meshes from the Necromunda video game, and it's not even like I have a 3D printer anyway.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

seaglen

I can certainly put together molds for:
Valhallan legs
Melta weapon pack
Genestealer cultist heads
Some of the other rarer weapons

I was also thinking of tidying to put together a hive ganger pack, with useful bits in.
Resin and silicone should arrive by Sunday so I'll keep you posted on the progress.

I'm also thinking about creating some original sculpts of a genestealer cultist torso based off of the recent GW faction release too.

As for 3D printing, MarcoSkoll, what would be your take on trying to make a set of arms for brother Artemis enabling him to wield his bolt gun in two hands.
I recall Lord Borak did a stunning conversion showcasing the pose I'm after, but my sculpting skills may be lacking to recreate this.
Do you think the upscaled 28mm arms would just work, or would the proportions be all out?

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: seaglen on February 19, 2021, 10:15:57 PMAs for 3D printing, MarcoSkoll, what would be your take on trying to make a set of arms for brother Artemis enabling him to wield his bolt gun in two hands.
Well, it's theoretically possible, although that's actually one of the easier conversions for Artemis. Cutting along the bottom of the right shoulder pad means the right arm can be rotated around quite well, and packing out the right shoulder with GS can point it in the right direction. The biggest challenge is sculpting a left hand to support the bolter.

Pulling out a rather old photo of my own (he's since been disassembled, mostly because I was planning to repaint him as a somewhat less garish chapter):

QuoteDo you think the upscaled 28mm arms would just work, or would the proportions be all out?
Well, if there's STLs already out there, it might be possible to adapt them, but otherwise 28mm isn't a good source - actually trying to photoscan it would be more hassle than doing it from scratch or (possibly) modifying a mesh ripped from a game.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Mentirius

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on February 18, 2021, 10:49:06 PM
As far as weapons, I definitely have not been ripping the weapon meshes from the Necromunda video game, and it's not even like I have a 3D printer anyway.

:o

3D printers are amazing!  I didn't even know there was a Necromunda video game but after a quick image search, I do like the aesthetic. 

Re: making moulds, I remain excited by the prospect of reproducable Valhallan legs and rare 54mm weapons, and will be watching with interest.  Good luck!

cymrilian

a big thumbs up for a genestealer cultist torso. its a great design and would be very useful

seaglen

Ah ok, thanks for the advise MarcoSkoll. I may cast up a pair of Artemis arms in resin too, to make the cutting etc easier to work with, and give the conversion a go.

Yeah I'll happily have a go at a genestealer cultist torso and legs perhaps - then there'd be a full model at least.