Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Jill Valentine Project

Started by mcjomar, August 11, 2017, 03:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcjomar

Ok guys, I need a little help here.

Are any of those three heads viable (after a shave) to replicate this lady:

The blackdog 54mm sculpts provide enough parts for the torso, legs, and even arms (possibly hands), but not the head, or her Beretta 1911 pistol.
I need a solution, either using existing parts, or an alternative source in scale.

It's either this route, or I do a 3d print from the ripped gamecube files.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

greenstuff_gav

i'd love to see hte process for 3D printing (from ripping models to converting to printing) but the right hand one f'aure
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

I'd say so too. I'm not sure you'd even need to shave the head, just sculpt a beret over the top and you're away! The rest will come out in the paint job, it's a bit tricky to get exact likenesses from unprimed resin.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

mcjomar

And much like the franchise this idea comes from, this once more rises from the dead!
And with progress!

So that's a quick'n'dirty beret, plus the shoulder/back armour.
Arms are going to be my pain-in-the-bum very obviously looking at the parts I have available. Maybe also straps/pouches/etc.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

cymrilian

I think the face likeness and hair is pretty good.

can i ask how big these blackdog minis are? do they look out of place next to other inq figures?

mcjomar

I haven't got any of the male minis from that manufacturer, so difficult to say, but the ladies - as you can see - tend be a bit slight and slim compared to most 54mm Inquisitor models, largely due to the heroic thickset scale of the GW offerings.
In this case, I think she's a wee bit shorter too, though not by a lot.
For my uses, that's fine, though, as people tend to vary in height anyway, and women seem (to me anyway) to have a tendency to be shorter on average.