Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

'Narce' Romanov painted

Started by Hadriel Caine, November 02, 2009, 04:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu Lykan

i bought some mig heads through historex and found them to be acceptable size wise
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=144.0
above link shows some of them next to gw heads, hope they help

Hadriel Caine

Content erased by order of the Ordo Pessimus
The Fall of Astraea
Astrean OOC- feedback thread

\'You have to lie to keep people happy\'

Hadriel Caine

Here we are then, 'Rogue Trader', conman and general anarchist Narce Romanov:

Back

I am extremely pleased with how this has turned out, I had gone for a slightly different painting style and technique to usual using more washes and blending and a lot more mixing. The pictures, unfortunately, don't seem to give the blue justice- I think the light has washed out the depth and blending... which is lame as it took me ages. :D

I think the parts look quite natural like this and he looks, rather unintentionally, quite a lot like the picture of the Rogue trader on page 107 of the Rulebook.

Below is a model being worked on by my mate Rob, briefly a member on the previous conclave forum, he's been out of the hobby for quite a few years now but is getting back into the painting side of things and I ran a tutorial game of INQ with him at Eldritch Games the other day. Here he is:

We're going to play around with weapons and arms a bit but I like what he's done sculpting the hat and bionics on the side of the terminator style IG head. Cool use of Kal's torso as well IMO. Just gotta introduce him to Devlan mud I think...

so before I ramble on loads what do you think? what else would a fake rogue trader on the run have in his warband?

cheers

Adam
The Fall of Astraea

Myriad

Very nice, a bit of fabulous lord flashheart in the end I see.   :)

The bright blues combine well with the pose to give the impression of deliberate ostentation.

An imposter rogue trader - goons, naturally.  Maybe an inquisitorial agent who's using him.  A disgraced official of some kind maybe, who's able to add those little touches that make him seem more authentic.

Like how the other guy's coming along too - lots of poise, scary head.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

Radu Lykan

the cyborg reminds me of eddie the head :)
the rogue trader looks suitably blingy, good use of the ork bolter, I hadnt considered that as an inquisitor scale weapon.

Hadriel Caine

thanks guys, I'm quite pleased with him myself. the ork bolter is a very cool weapon for inquisitor. there was a huge colour difference in the plastic from then and now... much much lighter grey.

lots of random parts on this guy!
The Fall of Astraea

Kaled

Very nice work Adam - one of my favourites of your models I think.  The Ork bolter as a pistol is a great touch - I think I might have a couple of those somewhere...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Hadriel Caine

hey thanks very much Dave. i'm looking forward to getting some games in with him soonish. stupid real life keeps getting in the way.
The Fall of Astraea