Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor PDFs (Looking for an old article? LOOK HERE!)

Started by MarcoSkoll, August 02, 2009, 06:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

Is the catacomb build the one with the daemon stone made of black  and green marble.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

MarcoSkoll

That it is. I've got some of those issues, but I can never remember how many. I'll check the exact numbers later, but off the top of my head, most of that stuff is in issues starting around 260.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

I have 5 out of the first 6 issues, though I'd have to check the numbers. Most of its on the Archive already, though I have Phil Kelly's building a warband and evolving a warband articles.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Inquisitor Octavian Lars

I picked up that very issue in a charity shop once a few months ago.
Velterax III
All my wargaming under one address
http://velterax3chronicles.blogspot.com/

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1566.0
Insertion Zone. Also on the Velterax III Chronicles.

Always looking for comments

MarcoSkoll

It ran over four issues, Octavian, so there's no "that very issue".

I've just checked and I've got issues 260, 261 and 263 - so I'm missing part 3 in #262. However, it's going fairly cheap on Ebay right now.

Issues of interest which I'm missing appear to be:

All appear to be available on Ebay, so we should get closer to a complete collection...

GW's =I= articles

DapperAnarchist

If I can, I'll check my parents house for them. That might take a while though, so don't rely on me.
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

MarcoSkoll

Well, I've just won a copy of Exterminatus #2 on Ebay. Four down, Six to go.

I may have to beg and borrow some of the missing issues so I can scan them, but we may yet one day hit the holy grail of a complete and unlimited archive of Inquisitor material.

Well, if I can ever work out what that missing file "Pstruggles.doc" was - I know it existed, as it was linked on the Wayback archive, but it seems that it itself was never archived.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

To keep you guys appraised on this quest for completeness, I've recently won copies of the 2004 Annual, Heavenfall and Death of an Angel on Ebay. There's also a copy of Cirian Legacy up at the moment that I've got my eye on, so the quest to get all the books is going well.

A complete collection of Exterminatus might well take longer, although there is a job lot running at the moment which includes some of the ones I'm missing. (I don't doubt that I'm going to end up with multiple spares of some issues...)

I suspect this drive is going to be the end of a complete "Mega Bulk Pack", because that would easily go beyond the file size limit on the MediaFire account, but that will a slightly easier prospect for me to keep track of, at least while I'm adding all the "new" stuff.

ETA on this stuff is unknown (it takes a long while for things to accidentally fall on a scanner), but it is coming.

GW's =I= articles

wargame_insomniac

D'oh- I fear that we were bidding against each other as i have just lost out on those very items!

I have been eyeing up a job lot of Exterminatus magazines (issues 1-4, 10 IIRC). If that is the same one then PM so I don;t end up bidding against you and inadvertently driving up the price.

James

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: wargame_insomniac on July 26, 2011, 10:03:22 PMD'oh- I fear that we were bidding against each other as i have just lost out on those very items!
Quite possibly. The forum often ends up bidding against itself.

Still, I wouldn't ever ask anyone to not bid on things I'm looking for - it's more than a bit cheeky, not to mention somewhat corrupt. "Arch Data-Archivist" or not, people shouldn't feel that I have any more right to win the auction than they do.

~~~~~

I suspect that is the same auction as I'm looking at, Insomniac. I need #3 and #4 from that lot, but as I've just said, it wouldn't be right to ask you to leave them alone. If you're offering... well, that's up to you.
~~~~~

On the note of issues I don't need, I will almost certainly have a load of spare Exterminatuses (Exterminatii? Exterminatodes?) hanging around by the time I'm done with this plan, and I'd be happy to let the forum have first pick of those for cheap before I re-auction the rest.

EDIT: Ouch, I've just seen what that other 2004 Annual on Ebay has shot up to. I know they don't come around that often, but that's madness.

GW's =I= articles

wargame_insomniac

Hi Marco- yes but you are scanning them and posting them up as PDF, so at least we all benefit.

On the Exterminatus magazines I am annoyed with myself because i thought I had a complete set. Yet I could only find issues 4 onwards. I am going to have a further hunt around to see If I can find my missing issues. Either way i won't bid on them as I don't want to drive the price up unnecessarily. If I don't find my missing copies I would be interested in getting issues 1 & 2 from you if you win that job lot.

I do want both Inquisitor Annual 2004 and death of An Angel (I have 2002 Annual and Cirian legacy) But as I'm out of work at the moment i am having to be careful what I spend. I have just seen that inquisitor Annual 2004 has shot up to £38.99!! When the last one had gone for £28.99 with 2 other bidders I had hoped this one would nt go for as much. Looks like this is beyond my price bracket for the time being.

Cheers

James

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: wargame_insomniac on July 27, 2011, 01:02:43 PMHi Marco- yes but you are scanning them and posting them up as PDF, so at least we all benefit.
I suppose you can look at it as making it easier for me to give to you guys for free.
But even I don't know whether I'm using altruism as a justification for getting myself a complete collection or vice versa, so don't just assume I'm some selfless champion trying to right wrongs.

Of course, anything I can do to help spur the game and get extra players at events is a good thing. I just don't want to expect special treatment because of it.

QuoteI have just seen that inquisitor Annual 2004 has shot up to £38.99!!
A quite painful price. But I wouldn't worry about it (particularly if you've got a mostly complete Exterminatus collection).

Mine arrived this morning, and while I was expecting I was already going to have most of it on the archives already... nope, except for one of the Eisenhorn short stories (which is still in print, so I'm not sure if uploading it would break my rule about not putting anything up that's still for sale), it's actually all already on the archives in one form or another.

Still, I knew that was a possibility, and I'm willing to just consider it a hard copy. And quite an astounding one at that - this particular copy looks almost like it could have come off the shelf yesterday.

GW's =I= articles

wargame_insomniac

Yes it did say in the auction that was for new copy, whereas the other one (at the astronomic price) is a used copy! I do like having both pdf and hard copy. Its easier to take the hard copy down to gaming club for a start.  So i will keep my eye out for 2004 Annual if price is more in my bracket.

What Inquisitor fiction has been printed? Obviously you have the Exterminatus magazines, the Eisenhorn and Ravenor Trilogies, plus the Henry Zou book (which I am just about to read). Plus the Enforcer books that are very similar in tone and content focusing on behind the scenes politics and intrigue etc.

What else is there? I am trying to remember if there was any Inquisitor fiction in either Inferno or Citadel Journal or Fanatic Magazines.

Cheers

James

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: wargame_insomniac on July 27, 2011, 03:18:08 PMYes it did say in the auction that was for new copy, whereas the other one (at the astronomic price) is a used copy!
Most likely, people saw a copy slip out of their grip and decided to put in higher bids on the next one.

QuoteI do like having both pdf and hard copy. Its easier to take the hard copy down to gaming club for a start.
Yeah. At some point I'm probably going to print off hard copies of the stuff that only exists in PDF. If only so I can turn a shelf somewhere into a little archive of it all.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Good news everyone!

I've just won a copy of Cirian Legacy, so as far as I know, that means I've got all (three?) of the Conspiracies books, and indeed a full book collection overall. So, I think we're down to just magazines now, which should be either easy (in the case of the WDs) or tedious (in the case of some of the rarer Exterminatii)

Scanning is slowly commencing, but it takes quite a long time to scan a book, and I'll be on a bad internet connection that I won't be able to upload from in a few days, so likely ETA is the other end of this month.

GW's =I= articles