Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spring Conclave 2010

Started by Kaled, December 21, 2009, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

I'm looking for a volunteer to help me with a few things for the Spring Conclave.  Basically I need someone who's prepared to share GMing duties on the day, and who can help me finalise the campaign pack for the day - checking over the scenarios, proof-reading and the like.

Also, when it comes to the big day we'll probably need a few more GMs.  I guess we'll need roughly one GM for every three players, so the more people who turn up the more GMs we'll need - just something to bear in mind...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

RobSkib

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kasthan

I'll GM if required. Either to share top boss job or to run a few games. Just PM me Kaled and we can sort something out.

Kaled

Okay, well as Robskib was first, he's won the position as my right-hand man for the day.  I'll send the campaign pack through and you can take a look at what I have so far - there are a couple of gaps which I'd like some input on...

Thanks for the offer Kasthan - chances are I'll be looking to you to GM on the day, but we can discuss it more closer to the time when I have a better idea of how many people are likely to attend.

My plan is to keep the scenarios fairly open-ended so GMs should have a lot of leeway in how the games are actually played - they definitely won't be stuck merely running through my script.  My current plan is for GMs (including me) to each run three games.  The players who are 'winning' after those three games will play in the final scenario, which I'll GM, and while I'm doing that there'll be time for the GMs and anyone who didn't make it through to the final game to set up a game or two of their own so all being well, everyone will get a chance to play at least one game.

Inquisitor Ranovack

I should be coming but it depends on how much work I've been given. I go back to school that week. Is there any cost?
though i fly through the valley of death i shall fear no evil for i am at 50,000 feet and climing

Kaled

Nope, the Spring Conclave is free to enter.

MarcoSkoll

I have a question to add myself.

I'm in the middle of sketching designs for the 5 "main" characters in Marco's entourage with the intention of bringing them to the Spring Conclave. I don't know how many characters you'll allow on the table per player, but it's obvious that it's not going to be 5.

With this in mind, do players need to use the same character combination in all games, or are they allowed to swap out characters between scenarios (within the bounds of reason)?
I know that in my normal games, I pick my characters based on what objectives I've been set*, but I don't want to make the assumption that I can necessarily do the same here - some people might feel that "optimising" a warband in such a manner would be unfair.

*So, if it's a capture-alive scenario, I'd bring the Arbitrator with the net launcher and shock maul - but if it's a "repair the signal beacon" scenario, I'd bring the Tech-Adept.
Of course, there's a certain amount of fairness, roleplay and character/player knowledge gap involved with this. If the game's objectives have just been sprung on my Inquisitor, I use characters based on who he would have otherwise had with him, which may well be a less than ideal combination for what he now needs to do...

I'm fine with it either way - I'd just prefer to know what to expect in advance.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

precinctomega

Obviously, it's Dave's event.  But in the previous two Spring Conclaves, one run by Necris and one by me, this was perfectly acceptable.  Even the PPC didn't have to turn up in every scenario.

R.

Kaled

My plan for the day is that players must designate one character who must take part in every scenario; I guess for most people this'll be their warband leader but it need not be. Then you're free to bring a pool of characters to swap between to make up the rest of your warband.  Whether you get to know what the scenario is before you select your characters will be up to the individual GMs.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: precinctomega on January 23, 2010, 08:49:23 AM
Obviously, it's Dave's event.  But in the previous two Spring Conclaves, one run by Necris and one by me Van Helser, this was perfectly acceptable.  Even the PPC didn't have to turn up in every scenario.

R.

My understanding has always been that everyone took it as a given that you had a single group of non-interchangeable characters, I don't recall ever being told or seeing any different. But fair enough.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Van Helser

Barring some unfortunate accident/crisis, I can confirm my attendance.  Flight, train and accommodation all booked.

Now, to get a new warband ready...

Ruaridh

Heroka Vendile

yeah, seeing as VanHelser has paid for our accommodation (with cooked breakfast, really splashing out this year), I should probably say that I shall indeed be attending on the 24th.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Excellent - glad to hear you guys can make it. :)

I've updated the first post in the thread with more details of the event.  Hopefully it all makes sense, but please ask if anything is not clear.  I intend to post this on a few more forums in the hope that we might get a few new recruits, but I thought I'd run it past you guys first so you can tell me what information I've missed.

- Dave

Heroka Vendile

The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on December 21, 2009, 12:40:52 PM
  • You can include any archetypes you like in your warband, but to reduce headaches for the GMs when it comes to 'balancing' the scenarios it is probably best that your principle player character is one that is not too contraversial (such as a powerful alien or a Space Marine).

Damnit!  ;D

This Ok?
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination