Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Jestill Mordecci, A Tech-priest in the Inquisition

Started by Vladimir, January 06, 2010, 10:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladimir

well, having been inspired somewhat by this figure, I decided to have a go at sculpting my own female AdMech (almost done... pics once it's painted), and being rather chuffed with her so far, I thought I'd get a character witten up for her. So here we are:

Extracted from the records of inquisitor Ortesia Gundorf
+++Enter Key+++
+++Key Accepted+++
+++Opening File...+++

+++File on Jestill Mordecci+++
Homeworld: Krovux Lucifiris [Forge World Quaternary, Adroma Sector]
Birthplace: Hafcu Spire, Noble House Hafcu Mordicci
Parents: Jeremizca and Curnu Mordicci, Archonobili of House Hafcu Mordicci

Early Life: Eldest daughter of the Archonobili [second noble 'immediate-family'] of house Hafcu Mordicci. Raised as adherant to the cult Mechanicus. Trained for the rigorous duties of noble life on a forge world- from the age 2 Luciferis years [7 terran years] in tech-lore (as is customary for the higher-born on such worlds), etiquette, diplomacy, Forge World politics and spirituality. Noted for her grasp of Mechanicus theology and archaic lore.
Achieved position as Archonobili at the age of  7 Luciferin years [24 terran years].  Responsibility given for overseeing the importing of newly discovered technology to Hafcu Spire, specifically ancient and unusual items such as archaotech.

Rise to prominence: Began to garner a reputation for her understanding of archaotech, and was formally inducted to the Adaptes Mechanicus. Granted a position as one of Hafcu Spire's premier researchers, and began the customary process of augmentation undergone by the Techpriests [prior to this she had only the minor implants typical of a forge-world noble]. Achieved sector-wide recognition for her disassembly of the Haemopyre Bomb of Verunite Minor and Tlanenian Stasis-fields.

Inquisitorial Attention: Research into Tlanenian Stasis-fields led to extended research into ancient stasis-effects. This is what lead our mistress Inquisitor Ortesia Gundorf to her. Gundorf recruited Jestill to assist with her researches into the Golden Throne. Not long after being hired, Jestill and her researchers were attacked by assassins hired by an unknown Alamathian Inquisitor [note- many Alamathians consider the Thorians to be more dangerous even than factions such as the Xanthanites]. Fortunately, Jestill's bionic implants gave her an inhuman advantage over her foes and all were mercilessly gunned down. Jestill was the only survivor of the incident.

Indipendence: Our mistress has elevated Jestill to one of her most trusted agents. She has been granted autonomy of research [unique amongst all our mistress's non-military agents] so long as she keeps our mistress fully informed of her findings. She has had additional mental and physical implants to improve her combat potential, allowing her to intimidate her way into almost any librarium that might catch her attention and to defend herself from the attentions of any unfriendly inquisitors.

Capabilities: An incredibly knowledgeable tech-adept. Her research remains apparently of paramount importance to our mistress's plans. In addition, she remains a capable leader of research teams. She is able to deal with academics and the Mechanicus with great ease, and possesses the skill to defend herself and her assistants from most reasonable threats. Remains loyal primarily to our mistress, although her Mechanicus background mean that her priorities do not fully lie with the Emperor's glorious rebirth [the Mechanicus apparently venerate knowledge and technology as divine, rather than the Emperor as the holy Imperium does].

+++end of document+++
notes: The Inquisitrix refered to as Our Mistress here is Ortesia Gundorf, a highly unorthodox Thorian. She has had very close dealings with the heretic Inquisitor Lady Felosia and should be considered- at the very least- of dubious purity and at most an outright liability.
As a member of the Adaptes Mechanicus, her beliefs as a resurrections are uncertain. As mentioned, she appears to use her position as an Inquisitorial agent to further the Mechanicus's 'quest for knowledge'. That, however, is not to say that she does not have a good deal of personal loyalty to Gundorf.
Physically, Jestill has augmented herself heavily. She carries adapted versions of the Tlanenian Stasis-fields [a highly dangerous weapon] and is a skilled maskswoman. She has brutally fended off all attepts to neutralise her, and apparently considered this to be simply part of her job.

Conclusion: A dangerous and valuable ally of Ortesia Gundorf, and thus valuable to the heretic Lady Felosia. However, her ability to defend herself makes her not a target worth prioritising. However, the chances are that she will be encountered when eliminating her mistresses schemes. The information given can only be of use.

Tech-priestess Jestill Mordicci
Ws 32  Bs 68  S 27  T 48  I 71  Wp 56  Nv 67  Sg 85  Ld 66
Skills: Right Handed, +20% to interaction with Technology,
Equipment: Heavy robes and cybernetic parts (3 points of armour)
Hyper-balistic Cortex Implant (grants her high Bs, I and Nv. Each turn she may chose to benefit from 1 of the following skills: Rock Steady Aim, Hipshooting, Deadeye Shot or Dodge). Various Implanted Organs (+20 to resist poison), Vox-Rebreather (+40 to resist gasses).
Mechadendrite, Mechadendrite-mounted searchlight
Adapted Stubber (as Stubber but weight 20. Comes with 1 reload and 3 rounds each of Flechette and Manstopper rounds. These may be selected in place of a normal shot- they do not require a reload) with Rangefinder.
Mechadendrite-mounted Tlanenian Stasis Field Launcher (Counts as a shoulder-mounted Grenade Launcher. Fires up to 1 Stasis Grenade and  3 each of  Choking Gas and Frag grenades, in that specific order).
But what if the Emperor could be granted a body that does not wither and die, that could be his vessel for all eternity to come? I believe that such a thing is possible, that the Emperor yet waits for his new body to be found or created. In essence, a new Emperor will be created to lead Mankind to i