Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

RobSkib's mad NPC thread

Started by RobSkib, January 24, 2010, 12:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trasher

As I'm in the planning stages for a warband consisting of Nurgle cultists and a few mutants I find Tlashcala and your other traitor guardsmen very inspiring! Putting a spawn model on my shopping-list now...
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

wargame_insomniac

Quote from: RobSkib on July 21, 2011, 03:08:47 PM
Quote from: wargame_insomniac on July 21, 2011, 02:56:33 PMIs that Covenant body with Delphan Gruss head

It's actually the Eldar Ranger hooded head and the Bounty Hunter's body, fits like a glove!

Very nice- will have to try to get hold of those 2 figures to try something similar.

Thanks

James

RobSkib

*Blows dust off*

Wow, good as new!

I'm back at uni, which (somehow) means I have more free time to devote to painting. I'm not sure exactly how much to show and tell, as I want to keep some things under my hat in case I get to GM. Regardless, I'll post things up and let people decide for themselves whether I'm likely to bring it along or not ;)

First up, is envoy of the Crimson Wake, Gorthar Krushkull, assigned to fledgling cells to act as inspiration and a subtle reminder to any would-be turncoats to stay the course of the Wake.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

Super-duper rob, as per usual.  :)

That's a Kashrak torso is it not? And plain old Ork arms I think?

I'm not often a fan of the super-streched muscle lines thing, but I can't deny the skill it takes.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

RobSkib

Wowee, I probably should endeavour to update this thread a bit more frequently! Feels like only two posts ago that I was blowing the dust off months of inactivity...

Good news is that I got a shiny new camera for Christmas, which is capable of taking much higher resolution pictures than my last camera, which was incredibly grainy by comparison. Also, apologies for getting the afternoon sun creeping into these photos, it gives the model a creepy glow. Nice for effect, terrible for trying to blend the background away.

This is Reyda Wessenhaus, a contact from our Dark Heresy campaign, who was interesting enough to warrant a 54mm incarnation. He'll also be making an appearance at the Summer gathering as a contact within the Mack Conglomerate, so I'll be posting up his story later on Carthax for those that are interested.

Essentially he is a disgraced son of a noble household, exiled for losing a family heirloom in a card game. He is (relatively) young, impulsive and amorous, but most importantly, is an artist. He runs the Precipice Dreadquill, the most powerful propaganda machine for light years around. He still carries his sketchbook and drawing instruments with him, just in case he finds the right subject ("Draw me like one of your French girls..."). The eye makeup/warpaint was inspired by an INQ28 thread somewhere recently, I'll find it again and credit it properly, where someone had painted triangles into the eye sockets - I thought it looked cool, even if it wasn't intentional!

Comments and criticisms always welcome. Let me know what you think!

+++++++

Dolnikan

He is amazing. Everything fits together very well and he looks dangerous.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Van Helser

Holy smokes. That is the best face I have seen on a Conclave model. The composition is original, and the use of one of Von Castellan's coat tails as a cape is so good I may have to steal it.

Ruaridh

MarcoSkoll

Other than acknowledging my amazement, there's not much I can really add.

Original, characterful and exceptionally well done.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Keravin

Stunning figure.   I think it's the best figure I've ever seen on here.  Very inspiring.

Alyster Wick

It took me a few looks to realize how many Inquisitor parts are actually in that model, I honestly thought it was from Andrea or something. Really fantastic job there, especially your ability to make Von Castellan bitz look good.

I also have to echo the comments on the face, it has perhaps the most personality I've seen.

RobSkib

Thanks for all the replies! I didn't think this would go down as well as it has.

Yup, as you identified correctly, the majority of the parts are actually Von Castellan - left arm, torso and shoulder cape thing. Right arm was a stock Jackson arm, and the legs were from Talon. The head is from Andrea's Beelphegor which comes with hooded and unhooded heads, so I head the hoodless one kicking about spare.

(Coincidentally Van Helser; that model would be perfect for practising NMM on - plenty of undulations in the armour to keep it interesting)

I'm torn on what project to start next, either The Lucile, a contact within the Mack Conglomerate, or a Quillrunner, a person who has had their identity surgically removed to they can slip goods past official checkpoints easier. Illegally, of course :)
                                     +++++++