Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

The War of Shadows OOC

Started by Necris, March 01, 2010, 10:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 19, 2010, 11:39:55 PM
Quote from: Koval on May 19, 2010, 06:42:15 PMLyra is Valkia the Bloody?
No... the phrase has been around much much much longer than that.
My attempt at humour fell through, it seems.

Shame about the laptop. I need to get a new one myself because... well, let me put it anothr way, I dunno how it's even survived all I've done to it.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Koval on May 20, 2010, 08:13:53 AMShame about the laptop. I need to get a new one myself because... well, let me put it anothr way, I dunno how it's even survived all I've done to it.
What I hate is the way laptops are made so that you can barely do anything with them yourself - if the graphics are going, you can't just go out and buy a new and more up to date part and replace the failing one.

... no, you have to send it back, at which point they will try and pinch pennies as much as possible and just send back a half reconditioned card. Frankly, I'd be content to pay for just a straight out replacement of the failing parts. A) It'd take them far less time to do than trying to "fix it" and B) it'd last longer.

Yes, it is now an ageing laptop, but I don't want/need to replace it (I don't use it for anything that taxing), and frankly, I'd rather it didn't fail six weeks out of warranty.

Quote from: Necris on May 20, 2010, 12:01:13 AMand here was me about to ask you about sculpting minis
I'm not going to be gone completely - but if I'm forced into sharing other computers, I will be around less often.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Koval

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on May 20, 2010, 05:20:30 PM
Quote from: Koval on May 20, 2010, 08:13:53 AMShame about the laptop. I need to get a new one myself because... well, let me put it anothr way, I dunno how it's even survived all I've done to it.
What I hate is the way laptops are made so that you can barely do anything with them yourself - if the graphics are going, you can't just go out and buy a new and more up to date part and replace the failing one.

... no, you have to send it back, at which point they will try and pinch pennies as much as possible and just send back a half reconditioned card. Frankly, I'd be content to pay for just a straight out replacement of the failing parts. A) It'd take them far less time to do than trying to "fix it" and B) it'd last longer.
This is why I prefer a bigger desktop computer. Not only can I put the darn thing together myself (and that's exactly what I did for my current and previous desktops) but you can replace bits yourself and be up and running again in hours while needing to pay less.

Ah well.

MarcoSkoll

If a desktop were practical for me, I'd much rather the serviceability (and the extra processing power wouldn't hurt), but in the end, I need the mobility of a laptop.

Bloody annoying really.

GW's =I= articles

MarcoSkoll

Well, the good news is that my laptop isn't completely dead, so I've managed to magic this up - a coloured version of Maya.
DeviantArt & ImageShack

Afraid it's not a new segment for the story, but given how tired I am at the moment, it's probably a good idea that I'm not writing...

GW's =I= articles

Kallidor

Ooh, very fancy. I like the force effect around her hand.
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Zephon

I should have put that up three days ago, so it ran straight on from Swarbie's post. Ah, well. Sorry I dragged Fabio inside again, but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time. How am I going to convince Bernard that defending the city is hopeless? By the by, the war-riders are equipped to full Steel Legion standard, aren't they? Just thought I'd check before I let Captain Henroth fire the Basilisk battery. I imagine most of the population not inside the defended zone has been massacred by now and the zone is next, because it looks like I've let the bunker and surroundings get off the lightly up until now.

Swarbie

Fabio tells Bernard their chances for survival, ie, slim as a monomolecular blade to none.
And I saw her body burning,
With it, my world
To dust returning

MarcoSkoll

I'm assuming that Lyra (and Kai, who serves as something of a military advisor to her) is in the middle of discussions with others but I don't really feel like writing such discussion right now.

So instead, here's a segment from Maya's viewpoint. She appears to have found something...

GW's =I= articles

Swarbie

Interesting. Not sure what to make of it, and seeing as Fabio's well occupied at the moment, I shall wait and see what comes of it.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Well Ottakar's not exactly busy. I owe all of you a post anyway.

EDIT: Grant demonstrates destructive practicality at its finest.

Swarbie

And I give you the result. Not quite a pile of rubble (I assume the wall is somewhat sturdy), but near enough is good enough.
With it, my world
To dust returning

Koval

Well, for all he's playing at being a Space Marine, Grant doesn't weigh half a tonne, so I guess that's a fairly accurate result...

Tony, your post just confused me.

Necris

I had to go back to work will finish it now...
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

MarcoSkoll

Anyway, in an attempt to avoid tying up the RP waiting for me... a post!

Koval - in response to what Ottakar is saying, I haven't given Maya a final value for her age yet, but it's likely to be mid-twenties to early-thirties.

Also, it's probably a good thing that Ottakar tried knocking down the wall. Maya's approach would have been far messier - and by messy, I may mean "molten concrete".

GW's =I= articles