Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

New warband WIP

Started by Myriad, May 06, 2010, 10:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myriad

Well, havig resolved following Krud's adventures at the spring conclave to build some more human characters, the first, inquisitor Torquemeda to be, arrived in the post yesterday. 

It's based off Andrea's blade of eternity which turned out to be a touch slender in build, possibly too much so for the shield I wanted to use.  The sword is going to be switched for something shorter and nastier looking - I decided to go with toxin coated knives.  Still, the judge head used has a suitable air to it, and following a bit of greenstuffing, he even has his own beard

I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

precinctomega

Watching with interest...

R.

Brother_Brimstone

Very nice; I really like the beard; it quite suits him. If not a shield, do you have any plans for the other arm?

Nevermore2010

I've been wanting to get this model for awhile, any chance you could describe/show the model without the cloak?
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

Myriad

There's a couple of shots that give a bit more of an all-round view, Nevermore.  There's a bit of a join between the two piece of the scale armour, but mostly he looks much the same.

I decided he needed a few gubbins and he now has two arms (although the left one needed reconstructive greenstiffuing after losing the sword, and shouldn't be looked at too closely) - just waiting on the shield at the moment, and he'll probably have a pistol somewhere.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

Myriad

Well, the rest of the band finally made it from America, complete with a customs charge  >:(.

Group pic, everyone (apologies for the use of the flash).

The two at the back still need '40Kifying', and any suggestions on what to do with them are welcome.

My worries about the shield being too bulky are entirely out, if anything it's not enoough so, but I'm planning to bling it up a little.  I also found that my bits box is out of pistols and had to greenstuff one.

And meet his hero-in-chief, Martin Cameron.  He needs a chainsword, obviously (partly because I've failed to use any as yet), but otherwise I'm quite pleased with him.

RobSkib

Huge, mis-matched shoulder and knee pads, bigger cuffs and wires running into and around the head, works a charm on any model!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Alyster Wick

Totally remember seeing your hero-in-chief before but can't place the model.  Where'd it come from again?

JoelMcKickass

Wick, that is the Pizarro Vampire model, if i'm not mistaken.

I do love that shield, gives him a crusader esque look, especially with the beard, well done. Would you be able to post some pictures of the right hand model? It looks particularly cool from here. I also feel the Hero in Chief looks very 40k, his right arm is a little big (combat model bionic maybe?), but the fact he's topless is making me think of a Carl Thonius esque character from Ravenor Rogue. Nicely done.

Myriad

Thanks for the comments.  The new 3 are all from Reaper miniatures master series.  The far right one is Finari the crusader (minus one shield), Belladonna the salvager and the hero-in-chief is Magnus the vampire slayer.  I've given him a spare arm from the witchhunter rather than the sabre.  It is a bit out of proportion with the other arm, which I realise isn't ideal, but I think it's within an acceptable margin.  Yes, he does come with a tombstone, I'm just wavering over whether to use it.

precinctomega

The bounty hunter arm on Magnus is great.  A smidgen large, perhaps, but I think it actually suits his posture far better than it suits the source model.  A chainsword in his other hand will be fantastic.

R.

Myriad

Horsey!  Just came through the post today. 

I'm going to have to add the head from somewhere else, and 'de-mechanise' it slightly', but it's a nice sculpt.  Here's a comparison shot - it's just above his shoulder height, which is fairly big as horses go but a good scale.  It's a pretty good cast as well, so I'd certainly recommend the company (Taban miniatures). 

For the record, the cyborg upper body is somewhat bulky by GW standards, but about in scale for power armour - I'll probably scratch build a pair of legs and turn it into a tech-priest at some point.

kierkegaard

Are any of these models going to see some paint any time soon? ;)

precinctomega

Hey, he's undercoated the inquisitor!

The horsey looks great.  Who would have guessed it was part-resin?

R.

Heroka Vendile

which model did you go for in the end for the horse?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy