Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Acolyte Phineas

Started by Shannow, June 20, 2010, 12:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

Acolyte to a devout Thorian named Titus of the Ordo Malleus, Phineas was indoctrinated in the absolute purity of the Imperium and that only true faith in its creed would bring salvation to man. As many an aspiring acolyte, Phineas was in awe of his mentor and strived to impress and emulate by all means possible. This level of application to his duty accompanied by his escalating powers as a psyker, led Phineas to become a well-trusted member of Titus' retinue and he would regularly undertake research in the field that became vital to the purging of heretics, as well as personal training under Titus to hone his talents to the the banishment of daemons.

However this world of the golden soul of man was to be all but covered in a blanket of darkness. Whilst he had accompanied Titus many times to purge heretical cults and rogue psykers he had never encountered pure chaos, only the echo of its tainted presence. In his 22nd year as an apprentice to Titus, now 34 year olds, he encountered a true minion of Chaos.

Titus, Phineas himself and two of his fellow interrogators, Armhenin and Sarjavon, entered into a vast cavernous basement that sat below a temple whose cultists had dedicated to the worship of the most foul Khorne; the blood god. Rushing the cultists in the centre of the room, all 4 were filled with the pure zeal of the Emperor's will and shouted verses of holy script as they shed the heretic's blood. It was however this spilt blood that completed the cult's prepared ritual and in their midst rose a great Bloodletter of Khorne! This brazen daemon cleaved Armhenin in two with a single slow sweep of its great axe and Phineas was knocked to the floor by his flying torso.

As Phineas heaved Armhenin's half-corpse off him, he witnessed Sarjavon battling the daemon so as to buy time for Titus to perform a complicated banishment. Knowing that Sarjavon would need help, Phineas shook off the daze that this beast's gargantuan emanating power caused and ran to help. Raising his force staff high he advanced opposite Sarjavon, focussing his powers in to a sharp tool of psychic pain. Having earned the daemons attention the axe turned to him and had it not been for a stumble on Phineas' half he would have died; as it was he lost only his left arm at the shoulder and had his beloved force staff shattered.

As he lay there on the ground clutching his bleeding stump, he saw true power, true unadulterated horrifying power that was eternal. Titus finished the rites of banishment and Sarjavon leapt behind the cultist's unholy altar for shelter; but the beast in its final throes of existence in the physical world managed a final victim. The psychic overload from its 'death' cry caused Inquisitor Titus to suffer a massive cerebral stroke, and as the daemon exited this plane of being so too did Titus, slumping to the ground, blood pouring from his ears.

Sarjavon and Phineas were both commended for their parts but were then separated and sent to different inquisitors to finish their apprenticeships. Phineas would never be the same; he had had his faith shaken, not broken, but shaken. He saw Titus as a fool, and dead because of it; what man would deny themselves the power of chaos? Why had Titus been so blind? Surely such power by men as pure as the Inquisition could wield this might for the Emperor? Titus and his obsession with resurrection had not taken it far enough! These first few tentative thoughts were to lead Phineas into a dark shadowy realm that few in the Inquisition inhabited. That realm was the dominion of the Phaenonites.

Acolyte Phineas

Stats

WS   BS   S          T    I    Wp    Sg    Nv    Ld    Spd
53   59   26(76)   49   67   84   72   68   74   4

- Right handed

- Skills – Demoralise, Distraction, Psychic Shriek, Psi-Track, Puppet Master

- Weapons – Standard Stubber, Poison blade (venom talon counts as) (coated in Choke)

- Armour – Flak on chest, abdomen and right arm (3), heavy robe on lower body (2), left arm bionic with +2 armour.

- Equipment – Advanced bionic arm, Psychic Hood

Phineas will be accompanied by:

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=815.0

Phineas' compatriots are not aware of his desires, though Godfrey his new Inquisitor has an idea of his disillusionment, but is not aware of its depth. I would like to develop him and maybe make a few more models at varying degrees of development with chaos powers and weapons, eventually being an Inquisitor that has a daemonhost, etc and then perhaps pair him of against his old comrades.

And the model I will eventually use for Phineas will be :

http://s916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/jerusalem-man/?action=view&current=Photoon2010-06-19at22472.jpg

Comments always great!

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

dumdeedum

This could just be me but the story and stats seem slightly at odds. The story has him battling a daemon with an eviscerator, and then the stats have him as a psyker over anything else. This could just be how he has developed, but its not really mentioned.

Secondly for his strength stat, is 52 his strength when he had 2 arms, and 76 the strength of the bionic arm? Therefore giving him an overall strength of 102.

Final question is what is the poison blade? A knife? Sword?

Also in the stroy you said Godfrey banished the daemo where I presume you meant Titus

Besides that I think he looks pretty good, like how he is all geared up for weakening the resolve of his enemies.

James

Brother_Brimstone

Got to agree about stats and story being mismatched there. For a start, to be a sanctioned psyker, he would need to be picked up by the blackships and taken to the Schola Psykana (is my spelling right there?). Then he would have to be trained and certified; 12, i would say is far too young. A reasonable alternative I might suggest is that he is taken on as a sanctioned psyker by the Inquisitor at age 20 (ish) and worked his way to acolyte from there, although what a monodominant would be doing in such happy company with a psyker is a different matter (and why he would take him as an acolyte even moreso!) - monodominants tolerate sanctioned psykers as tools of the Imperium, but in general tend to see them as toeing a careful line between usefulness and heresy (not that all monodominants are exactly the same, mind, but that tends to be an upshot of their hardline stance) .

With as many powers as he has, i think it would be unreasonable to say 'no one ever noticed his powers', so you will have to reconcile the fact that he is a psyker with his monodominant master's views.

Also, neural shredders are powerful weapons, and that, combined with his 5 psychic powers and psychic hood makes me want to suggest that you perhaps 'tone him down' a bit - as it is he is a rather high power level at the moment.

Anyway, I hope that doesn't dishearten you too much (my intention is not to upset, but to show how you could, in my opinion, improve the character), and clearly what i said about power level is just my opinion. Hope that's of some help

Shannow

I think the problem with writing stories and stats when quite tired has been well demonstrated here:P Though the story was to show him as he was before disillusionment and therefore I was going to have him neglect his physical side etc I COMPLETELY forgot the necessity of the black ships! Bah silly silly mind tricks!

I will rectify this and as you say tone him down in due course also. Also please don'y worry about upsetting me, my intention as I have no friends with an interest in these kind of games is certainly to play with conclavers and so I want to be at an appropriate power level. I have to say though this has definitely shown up my lack of knowledge on psyker combination in game play terms.

As I said I will fiddle with the story and his stats soonish :)

EDIT: forgot to address some points:- with  the bionic arm the first number should have been 26 and has been altered, and the poison blade is counted as a scythian talon blade.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

dumdeedum

I am in the same situation as you, I know no one with an interest in this so one day intend on playing with some people on here. But due to some unforseen circumstances I've run out of money and won't be able to start modelling with anything but what I already have for at least a month.

Back to character, seems a more realistic character now, fitting with the background alot better.

James