Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Artemis scale Powerfists?

Started by Nevermore2010, August 22, 2010, 02:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nevermore2010

two questions,

1) besides Tyrus' Powerfist, are there any premade hands that might do the job? (left or right hand doesnt matter)

2) anyone have a good set of instructions on how they made their own or perhaps know of a self made version here on the conclave?

Many thanks :)
Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe:  "We live in a space ship, dear."

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Backyardpatrol

This one looks like it comes with two.

http://www.molniyafigs.com/khans.html

Dunno how it scales with GW figures.

Nevermore2010

I belive it says 54mm scale, but naturally not heroic. An interesting find tho... lots of extras and a good base for a sister of battle that model... $39.99 thats about £25 atm. The fists are the right size, each being about 1cm across, they might look slightly out of place but no more so than anyother powerfist look alike. Oh how i wish i had more money :P

Macabre

Try the powerfist from the Ironclad Dreadnought.
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Macabre on August 22, 2010, 09:37:39 PM
Try the powerfist from the Ironclad Dreadnought.
Do you mean the Venerable Dreadnought? it has a power-fist styled combat weapon, as well as the more traditional dread style.
I'm not 100% sure just how much bulkier these are than Artemis' regular hands though... possibly not very.
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Shannow

This guys hand

is just green stuff with cut down swords placed in it for the fingers, I think if you went for a neater look and replaced the sword with maybe 'gaunt legss or something for a gauntleted hand it might work well.

Rob
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Heroka Vendile

Quote from: Backyardpatrol on August 22, 2010, 04:25:27 PM
This one looks like it comes with two.

http://www.molniyafigs.com/khans.html

Dunno how it scales with GW figures.

wow, blast from the past, that first appeared on the conclave years ago now, pretty sure at least one person bought it and converted it, but i'm damned if i can remember who it was...
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Heroka Vendile on August 22, 2010, 11:56:31 PM
wow, blast from the past, that first appeared on the conclave years ago now, pretty sure at least one person bought it and converted it, but i'm damned if i can remember who it was...

and, as i recall, is a company set up by an ex-'claver...
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kallidor

Here's a powerf fist I did for a 54mm Terminator.

Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
BEHAVE!

Lucaren

if your not bothered with having to add an extra finger the new space marine venerable dread comes with a great powerfist with fingers although it is missing one but it might be about the right scale not that i've tried its just an idea.

Matt

Nevermore2010

hmmm thanks for all the replys guys. I think i may have to wander down to GW in the morning and ask about the venerable dreds powerfisty attachment.

Argentuss

I'm actually working on a space marine power fist at the moment. I've used plati-card, and green stuff to build up the arm below the elbow, and just need to start working on the fingures. I'll try and get a picture up of what i've done so far once i figure out this new camera.

Nevermore2010

sweet.

My top tip for modeling Space Marine arms is to go to your local coral or argos and steal some pens. Once covered in a layer of green stuff to add details they are the perfect size, and already have a hole down the middle for pinning. All you have to do is trim to the right lengh