Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Ruaridh's Warhammer World Shopping List - Help Required.

Started by Van Helser, June 16, 2011, 09:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Van Helser

After a super-successful outing at the Grand Tournament, I am sitting on a £90 pile of Games Workshop vouchers that I intend to get rid of at the Summer Conclave.  The lack of a Games Workshop in Inverness means that my only real chance to spend is when I visit Warhammer World.  I've been looking over the online store to get an idea of what is available in the 40k and Fantasy ranges that would translate into Inquisitor or provide a choice selection of bits, and I am throwing this open to you good people who have had a chance to see these models in the flesh to advise on how sound an investment they would be.

At the moment I'm leaning towards:

So, does anyone have any recommendations?  I'm completely open to other ideas from anywhere within the range - if I can order it while I'm at Warhammer World then it's definitely on my list.  The £90 I have in vouchers can (and probably will) be supplemented by some actual money too, though I don't want to go over my baggage limit for the flight home!

Ruaridh

Stormgrad

my suggestions would of been the talos, and you got that how about a grotesque

MarcoSkoll

The GK Terminators... do offer quite a few weapons (A lot, actually. About two dozen hand to hand weapons), and I guess some usable hands, but that still leaves a lot of plastic you're going to struggle to find a use for. Not that any "bitz buy" isn't going to do that, of course.

The Abomination and Trygon... could certainly work, although it seems like it could be spending a big chunk of your vouchers for things that aren't exactly regular use.
The Talos, however, could be more easily fit into a warband as some twisted Dark Mechanicum servitor if such a thing took your fancy. But, lots of usable parts if it doesn't.

Looking through the Bitz ranges, these might pique your interest:
Arcane Books - and as I think the top left sprue is old Inquisitor parts, would include a 54mm skull.
Gothic Scenery - could be nice, if it's in stock again by then.
Whole range of wings, which could be useful for daemons. The LOTR Balrog wings are thus available too.
Chaos Mutations Frame - heads not so useful. Arms, almost certainly so.

Scenery from the Cities of Death range could also be worth a look - although I realise you mostly play at WHW.

I think Forge World stuff might also be a viable buy with the vouchers. So it might be worth perusing their range. The etched brass is a possible idea.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Stormgrad

Things like the etched brass would be good, have you considered the empire flagellants theres probably lots of little bits in there

greenstuff_gav

Theres the orc giant spider?
Grey knight walker works as summat mechanicus or marine along with the chaos defiler :-)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Damon

Ork killa kan kits are good for mechanical parts. Just file off the ork glyphs. Used them to help build my 54mm servitors.

Van Helser

Certainly some good suggestions guys. Does anyone have any idea how some of the Lord of the Rings monsters measure up? Like Gulavhar?

Alyster Wick

I bought the Talos yesterday and I have to say that it's absolutely fantastic. 6 face masks, plenty of items to convert alien weapons (melee and ranged), two sets of arms that fit in perfectly at 54mm, good bits for a 54mm CSM, even some things that could pass for necrontyr and just a huge amount of general useful bitz.

That said, I'm working on a number of Dark Eldar models at 54mm, but if you were considering anything remotely like that I would say it's a must-purchase. One of my more ambitious goals is to use the kit to make a 54mm Sllyth (after the 20 some odd other models in my WIP thread, sigh...)