Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Dapper's WIP Models - Now with INQ28!

Started by DapperAnarchist, August 26, 2010, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DapperAnarchist

Crap! Using an estonian keyboard, I keep hitting function-c (which does nothing), not control-c.

There we go...
Questions are a burden to others, answers a burden to oneself.

The Keltani Subsector  My P&M Thread - Most recent, INQ28!

Dolnikan

The nurgle guy just keeps looking better and better.

About the bare-chested chaos marine, he looks very nice but how are you going to do the powering of his armour?
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

DapperAnarchist

Not sure - he may just have to drag it around! He's gonna be an Emperor's Children Marine (or some other Slaaneshi marine) and so sanity is not on the upper end of his requirements. The lack of a chest piece will be partly explained by the mutations that will sprout from his back (just more from the spawn kit, nothing particularly fancy)

DapperAnarchist

I'm looking for some advice now - how would I got about sculpting a skeletal hand? one to hang loose.

Shannow

I've tried my hand at this (hahahahah pun) and my best results, though I can't find them , have come off using superglued together bits of paper clips, I found that they were stiff enough to give a very small coat of GS without them falling apart and then just lightly blobbing up where the joints were.

Also loving the bare chested guy, any chance of shots from other positions?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

Two more bits of WIP - an almost finished Nurgle cultist (named Dhul-Karnain) and a much advanced Slaanesh marine (though its less visible with the marine).

Things left to do - finish his hand, and decide what to do with the groin - leave it, add a loincloth, or what?

More Pics Here

Here's the marine (still totally nameless). Also complete are his arms (yet to be glued in) and various mutations sprouting from his skin. He'll also get decorative bits - leather straps, studs, that sort of thing. The legs have been shortened since the last picture, as they were way too long in the thigh.

A quick parts rundown - the chest is from the Spawn box, the head is an Artemis I had left over that I hacked at ages ago as an experiment (I considered doing a Salamander looking like that), the legs are putty and two Forge World searchlights.

And the rest.

Shannow

I vote loincloth personally, but think its will look fantastic whatever, very very unique imagery I think.

The marine looks a lot better now, just a bit more fully formed and reckon it will be fantastic. I've always been a fan of slannesh :P
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Ulgavitch

That nurgle cultist is great, seriously good model. I love how unique but yet totally characterful it is. I'm going with Shannow on this one, a loin cloth would look good there.

Looking forward to seeing the Marine in all his glory now...

DapperAnarchist

COMPLETION! This is what happens when you don't eat dinner until 10.30...

His skeleton hand has 5 crude fingers on it, and a loincloth. The only thing I might do is fill it bits round the collar of the jacket.

And here's the Slaaneshi marine :D

He's been reposed a little bit, to correct his lean. The sword thing is from a Dark Age miniature. And yes, he's carrying a Splinter weapon - whether I'll count it as a pistol or some kind of carbine, I'm not sure. Probably pistol. Speaking of which, that's the second weapon I used. The first was put under a halogen lamp to help the putty in the elbow cure, and this happened -

Rest of the pics - 1 2 3 4

Next up is some feral mutants, and a Slaanesh cultist to complete the four cultists (The Slaaneshi marine was a interruption). Paint isn't for a while, I have a paint marathon planned.

Dolnikan

Thanks for the  lesson about halogen lamps. I will keep that in mind.

The Nurgle guy is great, really creepy while retaining something funny.

The Marine looks great, even though the parts are from different sources you made fit them well together.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

Trasher

I still find the Nurgle character very interesting, just a few comments though.

• The hooves, I don't know much about anatomy, but they seem a bit small to me.
  • The flamer, the gas canisters seem to be a bit on the close side to the muzzles. Also, I'd probably put one under the gun as a magazine, and the other on his back as a spare one. Otherwise, both canisters on his back with a hose to his weapon would probably be my second choice.
  • I guess he's going to have a belt so the loincloth can attach to something? Might I suggest a few leather pouches to put stuff in?
  • Lastly, I'd love to see three or seven incorporated into the model, maybe a necklace with three circles on it?

Please don't take this as harsh criticism, I just want to help!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
My Nurgle Cult Thread on The Conclave
My Nurgle Cult Thread on Papa Nurgle
"Come on, daemons live in the warp. [snip] hours turn into cm, cm turn into walruses."

Ulgavitch

Is that Nurgle cultist wearing a ruff?

Other than that, I echo Trasher - a belt with some pouches would help the loin cloth, and that flamer does need it's tanks elsewhere. On the back would be good, especially with some rotting leather straps to support it there. 

DapperAnarchist

I think that the plastic bent because its from the original Dark Eldar frame in the 3rd Edition box... the newer plastic never has that problem.

The hooves are smaller than feet, but thats partly because hooves are smaller than feet! They may be too small, but hooves are really a quadruped thing, and most quadruped mammals have small surface area to their feet - in part because the ankle extends upwards.

I can't actually separate the canisters, as they're a single piece - And its a Chemsprayer, not a flamer :D So sudden promethium explosions are unlikely.

A belt is possible, though...

And for the three or seven, he's got three large pustules on his swollen belly for a reason! And they'll be picked out in a bright colour (yellow most likely) if I paint him dark and rotten, or a dark colour (a purple perhaps) if I go for pale and sickly.

And yeah, its a ruff. Inspired entirely by one of John Blanche's Chaos Marines, featured in the Blanchitsu that was put on the White Dwarf Archive a little while ago.

One feral mutant is already built, using only the spawn box - another is WIP. Now for some requests - I need some inspiration for Slaanesh stuff. I need names for both the Slaanesh marine and my upcoming Slaanesh cultist, and ideas for how to make the cultist look. I'm thinking some sort of depraved toad thing might work. I kind of want to steer away from the slender beauties with crab claws and leather a bit, and go for something more repulsive...

Shannow

In terms of a creepy cultist, could go for a pregnant woman with a weird kind of face coming out of stomach and a lizardy head with a long lolling tongue,, maybe reptile hands too

Time to die.

DapperAnarchist

EVEN MORE!!!!

I have a design drawn up for the Slaanesh cultist, based in part on what parts I have, plus ideas robbed from someone on Warseer and Alyster Wick (you'll see which one when I do it! No spoilers).

But I have the head done already. A seriously chopped up Damien head, a tentacle from the spawn box, some pins and some putty -

Needs some gapfilling, but that can come later...