Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Inquisitor Grand Tournament 2011 - March 26th

Started by Kaled, November 24, 2010, 05:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAZKUL

i'll talk to Alta and see if he's up for it, main problem is wether i can afford a night in a B&B so it might just boil down to doing a really early start and a really late finnish.
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

Kaled

I don't think it's even possible to get to Nottingham by 9:30 by setting off very early from Dumfries - an overnight stay is your only real option if you're coming by train.  The best thing to do would be to find a cheap B&B and split the cost of a twin room with Alta.  Probably worth looking now to see what deals you can find on rooms...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: GAZKUL on February 05, 2011, 01:58:08 PMAlso is "not so serious GMing" frowned on?
Last time, I spent my second game tracking down a consignment of Elf Eldar made Nerf guns then shot Father Christmas Slaanesh Nic'las in the head, in a scenario that included the immortal line "You hear a faint gingle-gingle noise".
Very funny, very entertaining, and a tie for the "Best GM" award, if I recall.

The primary purpose is to make the game entertaining - if you think you can better do that with a serious or a daft vibe, go for whichever.
If you want my opinion, I think a less serious scenario is a bit of a gamble. While it will probably score reasonably, it will take some careful thought to make one score high. After all, a few laughs will earn you a decent "fun" score, but if a player feels the game was too wacky and over the top, you'll lose out on your "Scenario" score.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Random Question©, the Painting&Modelling Entry has to be a PC for the day. does it have to be a secret? thinking about doing a wee blog here :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Kaled

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on February 05, 2011, 08:07:21 PM
Random Question©, the Painting&Modelling Entry has to be a PC for the day.
Yep, your entry for the P&M round must be one of the PCs you use in your games.

Quotedoes it have to be a secret? thinking about doing a wee blog here :)
Nope - you can have a blog. There's no rule saying your model must be new or unseen before the event.

Alta

Gaz and I probably won't go as it would cost £97.70, without including accomodation or food.
We'll try and make it next year though.

...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

Heroka Vendile

Try coming from scotland. 6 hour train journey with 2 changes, ~£60 return. 2 nights accommodation @ £65 and then there's meals on top of that.

Such fun  ;D
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

MarcoSkoll

GW's =I= articles

Alta

How did you get £60 return?
I'm coming from Dumfries and the cheapest I can get is £85.70. Well, there is a cheaper one, but it would mean taking a day off school...
...Few things in life make sense and unfortunately for you I am not one of them...

MarcoSkoll

You might want to look into getting a 16-25 Railcard. At £26 to save 1/3 on fares for the year, it won't save you much the first time (although it will be a small saving), but if you come down again (and I hope there will be more than one event this year!), it will make the fares much more reasonable.

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

Indeed, the 16-25 railcard is indispensable, heck it only takes me 8 train journeys to glasgow from home to recoup the cost in savings.

Van Helser is flying and meeting me in Nottingham, meanwhile my trains were a bit convoluted and I had to break down the journey into separate bookings so that I went a semi-sensible route that didn't involve sitting in Preston or Manchester for hours because of connections that would be just missed.

I used thetrainline.com to book my tickets.

And in regards to days off school, I'll be leaving glasgow on friday at 11.40am and arriving in Nottingham at 5.30pm, but then I'm a graduated student without a job to worry about booking holidays off of.

Friday:
Glasgow Central - Preston   
Preston - Warrington Bank Quay
Warrington Central - Nottingham

Sunday (extra fun with sunday train times):
Nottingham - Chesterfield
Chesterfield - Edinburgh Waverley
Edinburgh Waverley - Glasgow
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Aurelius 12

Hi all,

I'm definitely up for this (In fact my application form is in t'post as we speak!) I'll be arriving in Nottingham at 9.20 in the morning (trains permitting) so if anyone else is coming by train on the day and fancies sharing a taxi then I'd be up for that!

It'll be great to get back into the scene after a rather long break. Hope you don't mind I'm a tad rusty!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

GAZKUL

it's official myself and Alta won't be attending due to budgetary issues.  next year is a distinct possibility however.
"You do not need to prove that you exist because soon you won't"

MarcoSkoll

Suspicious sounding question: Is having two models for the same PC banned or otherwise frowned upon?

I'm not talking about something like the two versions of Inquisitor Kaled, the undercover and "smashing head in" variants where the equipment changes around, but a fixed character sheet and equipment with two different models to represent what the character is doing at the time. For example:
- One version of a model where they're holding a rifle, and another where they're brandishing their big sword, and switch between them depending on what they're holding.
- A version where the character is travelling incognito, disguised under the worn robes of a pilgrim, only to throw the robes aside, revealing the bodyglove and huge array of weapons hidden beneath.

If it were another event, I wouldn't hesitate, but as it complicates WYSIWYG requirements and widens the choice for the modelling section, it did seem to complicate things...

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

I don't see a problem, but it will be up to each GM as to what they'll allow so I suggest you discuss it with them at the start of the game.