Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Word of Chaos: WIP

Started by Rayner, December 03, 2010, 10:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayner

After seeing all the loyal space marines being created recently, I have decided to have a go at creating a Word Bearer chaos marine to act as the ringleader of my traitor guard npcs.

So far I have taken the old 40k daemon prince model, repositioned the arms and legs, sculpted a chaos marine helmet and started on the detailing.

The Back

Here's a scale picture.

The next stage is the shoulder pads. I have two options: to use the shoulder pads the model came with or create a set from scratch.

Here is a picture of the self-made pad

And another

Here is the one of the pads the model came with

I feel that the pad I have created is a bit too big and "chunky" as it is right now, but the original looks too small and not in scale with the rest of the model.

There's still a lot of detail that I need to add to the armor plating and scrolls adorning his form.

Argentuss

Both shoulder pads dont look right, being either end of the scale. Depending on how you did the self built pad, perhaps carving out the central bit, to shrink it down abit might work.  Leaving the typical edging to most spacemarine shoulder pads.

Other then that, its looking good so far.

gwrulz

I've always been a fan of big shoulder pads.  Thinking that marines would almost walk "sideways" peaking past the shoulder pauldrons using them as shields for their more vulnerable heads.  Plus, the self sculpted just looks better IMO.
Looking a Space Marine Helmet? I may have one!

Rayner

Quote from: Argentuss on December 05, 2010, 02:31:50 AM
Both shoulder pads dont look right, being either end of the scale. Depending on how you did the self built pad, perhaps carving out the central bit, to shrink it down abit might work.  Leaving the typical edging to most spacemarine shoulder pads.

Thanks for the idea Argentuss, carving out the central part looks much better and has given me space to add detail to the shoulder pads. I've also added more detail to the forearm and helmet.

Right
Left
Back

I still want to sharpen up some of the sculpting on the back before I continue onto painting. Also I'm not entirely happy with the backpack I have used from the Daemon Prince model, so I might alter this as well.