Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Tanhauser - and Gue'vasa companion now!!

Started by Shannow, April 20, 2011, 12:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shannow

This is my WIP for my character described here http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1466.0

Apologies for poor pictures.

Still much to do, especially with broadening the legs, tidying up current work and such etc etc

C&C always welcome!

EDIT: I might add that he is deliberately supposed to be weirdly proportioned, being Void born and then heavily modified during his time hunting in the underhives with steroid, also going for a slightly androgenous-ish look with selection of legs.....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

As most of those pictures seem to have been inadvertently titled, I think this gentleman will forever be blighted with the nickname of "Mr Tomato Ketchup".

It looks good so far. My one raised eyebrow is that you seem to be using Milliput Yellow-Grey for detail work, which is a purpose it doesn't excel at. It's great for cheaply bulking out the crude shapes of a model, but I'd use an epoxy based putty for detail work, not a clay based putty.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dolnikan

He looks creepy like someone like him should, the savage look is very nice and fits well with the more high-tech parts.
Circles of the wise My attempt at writing something, please comment on it if you have any advise.

RobSkib

Excellent stuff! Your modelling skills are really coming on in leaps and bounds. I would echo Marco's comments about your use of putty, definitely get some ProC or GS on there to sharpen up the edges, maybe take a sharp scalpel to some of the areas you've already put down to highlight those edges.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Shannow

Thanks for comments! I have mainly been using milliputt to bulk up the callidus assassins legs, I bought some Green stuff yesterday to add my detailing so fear not! His strap and face mask etc were just mocked up quick for the photos of me ketchup.....which I have only just realised is there.....
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: RobSkib on April 20, 2011, 02:10:49 PMMaybe take a sharp scalpel to some of the areas you've already put down to highlight those edges.
That could be a bit tough. Being clay based, I tend to find Milliput tends to crumble rather than cut.

I only use it for the very bottom layers of bulking up a figure, to try and avoid having to cut it (because I often do amend the early stages with judicious use of a hobby knife) - so I tend to use ProC for more precise bulking, because it can be trimmed more easily than Milliput and is a fair few pennies cheaper than GS.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

SpanielBear

He looks fantastic, definately an entity you would not want see stalking towards you down a darkened corridor. I suspect that any tears in the rain he gets involved with won't be his own...
Have Fun, Stay Sane, Enjoy the Madness

kierkegaard

High heels... :D

It is very odd, and very cool looking though. I look forward to seeing progress on this.

Shannow

My inspiration for the heels was actually Barbarella..... I can imagine in the 40k universe sexuality is less well defined, or at least isn't in the world he comes from:p

ATM he's just been touched up with Gs and some little details added, will put up pics tomorrow before sprayed black.

Cheers everyone!

Time to die.

Shannow

Just a quick update, some minor GS work done and he now has an arse again (though was tidied up after these pics) Also have a self sculpt in the works which I will put up sunday or there abouts... Should also have some paint on this guy by then!

C&C always welcome

R

Time to die.

Backyardpatrol

Shannow

Only a few! Still playing with rest ;) am going to put a group shot up when I'm done fiddling :p this just has callidus legs, eversor arm, covenant backpack and kals sword... You approve?

Time to die.

Aurelius 12

The leg broadening works really well- not too much it give him tree trunks for thighs, but they work with the torso, something I'm quite surprised by- it's not the most obvious of combinations but it's certainly a cool one!
And the Saint did weep when she saw how lost the people were. Seven tears fell upon Gomorrah. Seven tears to wash away their sin. A deluge of heavenly tears drowned their world in an ocean of forgiveness. The people cleansed in a sea of nuclear fire.

Myriad

Is that a knarloc head?  Looking pretty good, got a real predatory look about him.  Is he a xenos or some kind of mutant?  He looks mostly human, but most of the more effective xenos share roughly the same proportions.
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

precinctomega

Very Blanche-esque.  Where's the torso/head from?

R.