Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Summer Conclave 2012 - 15th September - Kaede Mack Conspiracy

Started by RobSkib, January 16, 2012, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koval

Bloodpact

I cant see it in the first post, but what time are we kicking off tomorrow morning?
Repent! For tomorrow you burn!

MarcoSkoll

Doors open at 1000, but we tend to allow half an hour to get people organised and latecomers to arrive, so gaming starts at 1030.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

i'm all packed but still don't know what character to use  :'(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Bloodpact

I just finished building a new character to use, and am writing hima  sheet while the black primer drys :)

Cortez

My train arrives at 9.30 so I should be on time (fingers crossed). Just finishing off my new model at the moment, still need to do the character sheet though, so it looks like I might be writing a scenario on the train.

MarcoSkoll

Rob and I should be coming into Nottingham at 0926, so we may see you there Cortez.

@Bloodpact: As regards character sheets, I've had a bit of a task getting mine ready.
I've apparently never got around to converting Lyra's warband to having one of my more up-to-date character sheet designs, so I've had to try and accurately summarise the rules for 28 psychic powers so as to have enough room to get them all on it.

I've said that Maya's character sheet is a little ridiculous before, I know - but hey, psychic powers is all she can do well, so she has to have a decent range of options.
And most of them are on there because they are delightfully entertaining ideas (certainly more interesting than shooting everyone). I will be hoping to get a chance to use Feral Rage or Phantasms, as I haven't used either in aaaaaages...

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Gosh darn, I wish I didn't have to do RL crap in between actually planning this. I also wish that I'd started earlier and promoted it better, but hey.

1000-1030      Player arrival and registration   
1030-1145      Scenario 1
1200-1315      Scenario 2
1330-1430      Lunch
1430-1545      Scenario 3
1600-1730      Scenario 4
1730-1800      Debrief
1800-2200      Dinner, Drinks and Evening entertainment

The times shown are flexible, although play must start at 1030 to ensure everything is completed within the time allocated. Latecomers will be welcomed with open arms, and regardless of their fairing throughout the day, will still have an opportunity to influence the final game in some manner if they stay to the end.

The day technically finishes when the final game draws to a close and the winners should be apparent – if the Mack Conglomerate is not stopped, nobody is a winner!

Good luck and have fun!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Brother_Brimstone

Just finished painting the third in Clint's warband, but can't track down the camera, so I suppose they'll be a surprise to all tomorrow :p

My train is due in Notts tomorrow at 9:30 (I'm coming in from the Northernlands, so I won't be on the same train as Marco or Rob) - are there any arrangements to meet in/around the station so I'll have company to walk down to WHW with, or would you rather just meet me there? Cortez, where are you getting the train from? Just wondering whether we'll be on the same train - I'm coming from Manchester.

Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow and playing some good games (my first in ages!) with my new characters :)

Bloodpact

Great fun time was had. Especially the final game! Looking forward to pictures. Im going to have to start adding Inquisitor Angstroms Warband progression as a post, and on the Carthax Wiki as well. I feel they might develop into something fun!

greenstuff_gav

many thanks for Rob for running hte event and the GMs for GMing (i'd have volunteered more if i'd been able to talk properly ;) ) ... voice has given out now :(
hope we all had fun; Adrian enjoyed the day and is looking forward to the GT :D

here's a quick resize, crop, upload of my pics:
Summer Conclave 2012

i'll start poking a write-up about now :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

RobSkib

Phew! 14 hours sleep later and I'm a functioning human being again :)

Thanks for everyone who turned up and made it a real blast to play through with. I'll be writing something up later to tie it all up, but until then, picturez!

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/RobSkib/Inquisitor/The%20Kaede%20Mack%20Conspiracy/
                                     +++++++

RobSkib

/shameless double post/

The scores for the day (if it mattered to anyone) are as follows. These are a direct copy of my notes from the day, so fully expect people's names to be spelled incorrectly. Scores underlined are for GMing a game, which scored full points for that round!

Shaie - Takoda Tedd - 1 3 3 - Total 7
Ryan - Inquisitor Alexandus - 1 3 2 - Total 6
Arvin - Inquisitor Thordis - 1 1 3 - Total 5
Jim - Inquisitor Angstrom - 3 3 3 - Total 9
Adrian - Inquisitor Ramirez - 1 2 1 - Total 4
Ruri - Rogue Trader Verteg - 1 3 2 - Total 6
Rich - Inquisitor Romero - 3 3 3 - Total 9
Gav - Inquisitor Henyo - 3 3 3 - Total 9
James - Eldar chap - 2 3 2 - Total 7
Nick - Inquisitor Racol - 2 3 3  - Total 7
Cortez - Eldar Starchaser - 3 1 1 - Total 5
Marco - Inquisitor Rhodes - 3 2 3 - Total 8
Callum - Explicator Reinhard - 3 2 1 - Total 6
Chris - Stern Kernov - 2 2 3 - Total 7

Now a list of who played which games, alongside some ramshackle notes. If anybody has an information to update this, it'd be greatly appreciated! The letters correspond to scenarios that I had written, which I will be uploading soon as well. Underlined characters are those who achieved the objective (or got closest to..!).

Game 1: Scenarios A "The Galaxy Murmurs", C "Zwolak's 64" and D "One in Every Pack".

A: Gav GMing, Rogue Trader Varteg, Stern Kernov, Inquisitor Romero

C: Jim GMing, Explicator Reinhard, Eldar chap, Inquisitor Ramirez

D: Cortez GMing, Inquisitor Rhodes, Inquisitor Racol, Inquisitor Alexandus

Game 2: Scenario "Thinning the Ranks".

(Mannheim solar flare rules) Ruri GMing, Takoda Tedd, Stern Kernov, Inquisitor Ramirez

(Mannheim solar flare rules) Nick Gming, Explicator Reinhard, Inquisitor Alexandus, Inquisitor Thordis

(No environmental rules) Inquisitor Skoll, Inquisitor Romero

(Giddigan's Last gas rules) Rob GMing, Inquisitor Henyo, Starchaser, Inquisitor Angstrom

Game 3: Scenario "Asylum"

(Port Precipice Mutant Gang rules) Marco GMing, Rogue Trader Varteg, Inquisitor Ramirez, Inquisitor Angstrom

(Mannheim Solar Flare rules) Rich GMing, Starchaser, Eldar Chap, Henyo

(Tanta ash cloud rules) Chris GMing, Takoda Tedd, Explicator Reinhard, Inquisitor Alexandus

(Hydronus fickle warp rules) Rob GMing, Inquisitor Racol, Inquisitor Thordis

I'll be uploading all the scenarios 'n' ting soon, so people can see all the GM's notes, as well as some of the unused scenarios (unless someone wants me to hold them back for use somewhere else?). In the meantime, I'll just leave this here...

+++++++

MarcoSkoll

The answer to the question of "when will Marco get home" is 03:54.

Someone's laptop got nicked on the train to St Pancras, so everyone was queued up to have their bags checked by the transport police (despite the likelihood that the thief had vacated the train at an earlier stop), which meant that even though I wasn't too far through the queue, I missed the 0015 from Euston and had to wait for the 0200 to Watford Junction and then get the replacement bus service from there to home, over two and a half hours later than my normal train.
This seems to be a bit of a trend of bad luck I'm having with my return journeys, as it's the second major delay I've had. (After IGT11, someone threw themselves under a train at Wembley and I thus got held up at Milton Keynes for most of two hours.)

As something of a coincidence though, someone I used to go to school with was also late for the same train (although not for the same reasons) and we had something of a chance to catch up with each other.

~~~~~

Lessons learnt from the day:

- I may need to look into adjusting flame weapons (using the RIA as my vehicle), both with new profiles and the actual rules for how they work. (Despite official revisions to both the full auto and flame rules, I'm not sure either is actually that great for it).

However, I'm perhaps not quite as concerned about it as I was when it actually happened, on reflection.
After all, Maya did get lucky by rolling the maximum number of hits vs a completely stationary target - a bad roll would have made for a much less impressive result. Something similar damage-wise is probably actually more likely with a Krak Grenade, at least versus a single target*.
But, it can't hurt to take a look at it, particularly as I think the rules did prove a little too dice roll intensive.

(Alternatively, I could have just been less kind earlier and made my placed bolter shot a headshot, and thus probably wouldn't've had to have Maya rescue Sister Phoenix from the consequences of having tried to fight off two characters.)

*Actually, with that in mind, it was probably a good thing it was Maya and not Sgt. Kronen - with her position in the speed order and track record with grenades, she likely would have taken out both characters simultaneously without scratching the Sister. She's done much the same before, except that time she did it with a frag grenade - I'm not entirely sure how.

- I got a chance to try out my modified NPC rules again and having 16 characters (7 PCs, 9 NPCs) on the table proved a pretty manageable prospect, without too much time given to NPCs or just having to make up their effectiveness as I went.

It should have provided a somewhat different version of the scenario than ran on the other tables that game, and also provided some memorable moments at the same time.
Note goes to when the giant scavvy (or "cave troll"), having just easily smashed another NPC out of the game, leapt off a building to attack Ruaridh's Rogue Trader. Varteg successfully dodged... then had one of the most brutal "one action" turns I've seen in a while, bisecting the thing with a single critical chainsword hit.

~~~~~

Photos:
http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/MarcoSkoll/Inquisitor%20Events/2012%20Kaede%20Mack/

GW's =I= articles

Koval