Author Topic: A question for the casters  (Read 31682 times)

Offline Thantos

• Interrogator
Re: A question for the casters
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2017, 02:56:29 PM »
I think i have a mould for the 54mm space marine helmets around here somewhere...  hmm

Offline realitybytes16

• Inquisitor
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2017, 05:39:52 PM »
I think i have a mould for the 54mm space marine helmets around here somewhere...  hmm

I'd take you up on that...but alas, I have no money right now :D.

Offline greenstuff_gav

• Chief Enginseer
  • Administrator
  • Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Greenstuff Monkey
    • Build Your Imagination
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2017, 09:05:03 PM »
i know i've got the chapter specific ones and a mould of the stock one :)
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

Offline Lord Borak

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2017, 10:55:37 PM »
I have the mould for the Marine Helmet currently sitting on my Table :) You're welcome to one or two (or more) of them. I have to cast a coupe up for someone anyway.

Offline Thantos

• Interrogator
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
I have the mould for the Marine Helmet currently sitting on my Table :) You're welcome to one or two (or more) of them. I have to cast a coupe up for someone anyway.

Easier to find that me diving into mould mountain here, if it's on your table already! :P

Mould Mountain 1.
A 7 foot summit:

xD

Offline Radu Lykan

• Inquisitor Lord
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »
You need more molds :)

Quite a bit of silicone there  :o

Offline Lord Borak

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2017, 11:52:56 PM »
I showed that picture to my wife to show her that "I'm not as bad as some"..........  ;D ;)

Offline Thantos

• Interrogator
« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2017, 10:18:17 AM »
Lol xD
"It's too late for me, Borak- save yourseeeeelllff-f-f!"   :P

That's only half the moulds - others are far less organized >.< 

Offline TheClassyGamer

• Initiate
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2017, 07:34:46 PM »
Just curious, so at this point has about everything released been recast by someone yet?   I ask because I've quite a few original figures that I would be willing to lend out to be cast up if needed and there is one figure I don't have I should like to at least get a recast of.

Offline Lord Borak

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2017, 07:50:54 PM »
I've made a fair few moulds of the originals but no where near all of them. I have the whole range except for one of the Dock workers.

Thantos is the man to speak to regarding casts though. He's the professional after all.

Offline TheClassyGamer

• Initiate
« Reply #130 on: July 09, 2017, 07:59:57 PM »
Well, the citizen with the polearm looking thing is the only figure  I don't have that I know of.  With the exception of the unreleased items that is.  Thanks for the info.

Offline mcjomar

• Grand Lord Inquisitor
  • Courage and Honour!
« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
A somewhat more literal interpretation of my thread title, is there any chance any of our casters might be able to either A: get hold of or B: recast a backpack or two for me for sisters of battle at 28mm? I can't find any spare backpacks on ebay (and GW has long since stopped selling bits packs :-\), and I have a sister with a flamer in desperate need of a backpack.
So it's either a recast, or I'll have to do some annoying fiddly work in an attempted conversion, using the lower half of a space marine backpack as the core, while trying to figure out how to do that upper bit properly without all the space marine bulk.
Cheers.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

Offline seaglen

• Inquisitor Lord
« Reply #132 on: February 17, 2021, 11:04:45 PM »
Massively old thread, but have been thinking of dabbling with silicone/resin once more and making some molds and casts of rarer parts/models.

I’ll be making some two-part box molds of pieces from various kits that are either rarer or too valuable to use the original, and that would have useful conversion potential, such as a varied selection of rarer legs/arms/heads etc.

@MarcoSkoll - I’m wondering, looking back through this thread - are you in possession of the ‘bloody Paulus’ conversion kit for sgt. stone? That head and arms have been on my wish list for years.

Any suggestions from the group as to what I should aim to make molds of, and who’d be interested in what...?

Offline MoeGee

• Initiate
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2021, 05:19:57 AM »
Any suggestions from the group as to what I should aim to make molds of, and who’d be interested in what...?

I would love a valhallan ice warrior set, or the genestealer hybrid sets. Oh and obviously any unreleased bits
We live through strange days
society's have become polarized. Not just in politics but across all culture. There's anger at the inequality and ever growing corruption and a wide spread distrust of elites. Yet at the same time, there's a paralysis. a sense that no one knows how to escape from this.

Offline cymrilian

• Inquisitor
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2021, 05:29:52 AM »
i'll always put my hand up for more genestealer cultist bits too (both the genestealer hybrid heads and the arms). You can never have too many cultists! (Lord Borak had casted them a few years back and may have some pointers?)

And i thought sister repentia's bolter arms always looked pretty cool.

I think more of the different types of chainswords would also be good (the giant one and the two longer chainswords).