Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

eBay Auctions Thread

Started by Lord Borak, June 16, 2016, 11:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDefence

Hey mcjomar,

I haven't finished working on the pistol yet or the rest of the model, but I thought you might like to see what I replaced the plasma pistol with  :)

FierceDefence

mcjomar

That's looking like a pretty cool gun!
I take it they've been stripped of paint?
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

FierceDefence

Hello,
Yes, I stripped them of paint and filed them some more. The judge hasn't been converted because he's already cool as is.
The pistol I made is made using 1st and 2nd edition shuriken rifle parts that I had.

mcjomar

Okay, so my Ebay 54mm Inquisitor minis available for sale are down to:

Eisenhorn Conversion (With Covenant's head, etc etc)

Lucretia

Barbaretta (with pistol rather than shield)

Barbaretta conversion (bionic replaced with an attempt at a normal eye, and equipped with a handbow and a pistol).

Merc/Guardsman (mix of parts).

I don't currently have anything else on my ebay pile for now RE Inquisitor, but I'm still thinking (watch this space).

Everything else has sold.
"Heretics are like cockroaches - annoying to find, and even more annoying to kill." - unattrib.

mcjomar

Baiyuan

Hi folks,
not much time left on these auctions, but I thought you guy might be interested in case you hadn't seen them yet.

Imperial Citizens
https://www.ebay.de/itm/223252618110

Krieger Krash
https://www.ebay.de/itm/223252784344

mcjomar

A note on my items - my remaining lots of Inquisitor scale items have dropped to £10 in most cases, £12 in the only remaining case of a painted item.

I'll review my remaining collection and figure out what will stay and what will go.
Cheers!

mcjomar

Apologies for the double post, but I've added several more items to the list of 54mm things I'm selling. And I may add a few more.

ebay username jcmjomar1 - search for that and you can find my stuff.
Most of it is 3rd party or some left over repros I see no future in at this point as someone has just snaffled one of the last official sculpts from my listings - not counting my Callidus Assassin Lara Croft conversion which I just put up (which is still unpainted).

[off-topic]
On the plus side this brings my warband numbers down to a manageable level and puts me in the happy position of only needing to build 2 more space marines, and then being able to (eventually) circle back to my existing 54mm minis and carefully tweak the work I've done on them (probably with some careful washes and very thin layers I imagine, plus highlights).
[/off-topic]

mcjomar

AAAnd one last double post.
Now down to just my Daemon Prince, and my Chaos-type Inquisitor and his minion now on ebay, and that really is it. I think.

Dallo

Hi folks,

I have a general question about purchasing Inquisitor models so I hope this is the appropriate place for it.

As someone who has just taken their first steps into Inq54, I am looking to purchase some official models to go along with some cheap 3rd party ones I got on eBay.

I wanted to ask what is a reasonable price to spend on a model? I'm aware that this is a pretty vague and subjective question, but I'm hoping people can narrow it down. For example, there appear to be a few boxed miniatures for £50 each. Is this cheap, expensive or about normal? Is £20-30 sensible to pay for a preowned base coated model? How much did the figures retail for back in the day?

Are there any figures which are recommended for starting out with? (Again, this is likely to be fairly subjective, but are there any figures which are commonly used as the basis for multiple conversions, as an example.)

Thanks

Dallo

MarcoSkoll

It's not the primary purpose of this thread, but I have no problem allowing a general discussion of eBay prices. 

Ebay prices vary massively depending on the specific figure. £50 would be pretty steep for Eisenhorn (although not unthinkable if NIB), but I've seen Kal Jericho go for well over £100. For pre-owned models that may need some stripping or may be missing some parts from the complete kit, £20-30 is pretty reasonable for the most common models.

Original retail prices in 2001 were from £12 to £18, increasing to £18.50 to £20.50 by the time they were withdrawn in 2013(?).

I don't think there's any models I would specifically recommend for starting - more likely I would recommend against certain models for being hard to mix and match parts from. Duke Von Castellan for example tends not to mix too well with other models, and the Eversor's torso and legs are one piece that would need some considerable cutting work to split.

The CCM Wiki shows parts breakdowns of most Inquisitor models to give a sense of how they are to work with: http://www.collecting-citadel-miniatures.com/wiki/index.php/Inquisitor_54mm
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Dallo

Thank you for the in depth reply and for the link.

Both were very useful.

Dallo