Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave - Discussion

Started by Kaled, November 17, 2009, 05:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobSkib

It's a shame he spent most of my game missing with that boom-stick of his, and then spent the second half of the game writhing in agony from an angry mutant with an over-grown pair of garden shears :P
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Adlan

He Shot Slannesh nickolash in the leg. And blew it off.

robmeister

Quote from: Adlan on December 17, 2009, 05:20:50 PM
He Shot Slannesh nickolash in the leg. And blew it off.

Glad to be of service.

Thanks for the positive comments guys, I appreciate Bayne was a bit on the Batmanesque side. Surely this is a good thing  ;)

'Arbitrator' Bob

p.s. If you played in the game I GMed, expect some follow up story fluff to be coming your way.

RobSkib

Quote from: robmeister on May 27, 1970, 12:16:00 AM
'Arbitrator' Bob

:O

I knew it! I knew there couldn't be ANOTHER Rob on the forum, the world isn't ready for any more dashingly handsome fellows!

Think we could get some close-up snaps of Bayne on the P&M forum? Pretty please? :D
                                     +++++++

greenstuff_gav

i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: robmeisterp.s. If you played in the game I GMed, expect some follow up story fluff to be coming your way.
Now this is dedication. Even after all the spectacular effort that went into that game, you're still working on the immersion!

~~~~~

I also need to ramble a little about what I've just posted in the thread.

Some of you will recall the details I posted about the Order Perditus on the last 'Clave, but others won't, so I'll need to offer an OOC refresher. The first thing to understand is that the Order Perditus are the Imperium's self-appointed secret keepers (as inspired by "The Operative" from Serenity).

They therefore spend a whole load of time making sure that all kinds of secrets don't get found out, and as much time covering up exactly what they were doing. Indeed, many Inquisitors have never heard of the Perditus, and even those that have generally don't actually know what they do (for the most part, official records list their role as professional trackers).

What this means is that some of the IC stuff I just posted in the main thread is absolute tosh.

Trans-Aethyric Association is a fancy term for when two people seem to share a mutual mental link*. No-one is quite sure how it works (hence, why Byssus is researching it). The research is being kept quiet for a whole horde of reasons.

*Yeah, a little bit clichéd, but I don't play it quite the way some writers do.

Rhodes is hunting the Palix Array in order to ensure it remains hidden (by destroying it, if she must) - and when she found someone that knew too much about where it might be, she called in a favour from an Inquisitor she had good connections with to have the person "removed".

Lastly, as others of you will know, Marco is not hunting Frost - the two of them get on perfectly well, and it's part of a deal that they have between each other that Frost does work for Marco on occasion and in return, he deliberately misdirects any investigations that are on her tail.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Just posted an intro for the Spring Conclave - it seems to follow on nicely from events at the IGT...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

To be entirely pedantic, surely 10 am on April 24th falls under 0310010.M42, not 0031010.M42?

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Yep, you're right - I did type that one wrongly...

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: MarcoSkoll on December 21, 2009, 06:55:37 PM
To be entirely pedantic, surely 10 am on April 24th falls under 0310010.M42, not 0031010.M42?

of course, the question is did you look it up?  ;D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on December 21, 2009, 07:20:30 PMof course, the question is did you look it up?
Look it up, no. Spend a moment converting, yes.

GW's =I= articles

RobSkib

Mwahaha... This is the perfect oppertunity to pull my Big Bad(tm) out that I've been saving for a special occaision ;) I'm not going to tell anyone what it is, but I'll give hints in upcoming IC posts and a Dark Magenta article that I'll try and get finished shortly.

For now, I'll merely point out that Inquisitor Xerxas has contacts in more than just human circles...
                                     +++++++

Kaled

Well, Inquisitorial politics is the theme of the day for the Spring Conclave, so you're welcome to bring any character who'd have an interest in affecting the outcome of the succession, whether for good or ill.

Myriad

Dammit, I can't work this out.  How does that date work?
I had better point out, that some of the clubs I represent are of a military bent.

You know what you are?  A plywood shark!

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Myriad on December 23, 2009, 09:02:18 PMDammit, I can't work this out.  How does that date work?
Lexicanum explains it well enough: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Dating_System

The only thing I'll add is that for "flavour" we tend to express dates as if they were 39,000 years in the future. So rather than the date being M3 (As 2009 is in the third Millennium*), it's written as M42 (The 42nd millennium).

*In the same way that dates of 2001-2100 are the 21st century, not the 20th.

GW's =I= articles