Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave - Discussion

Started by Kaled, November 17, 2009, 05:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcoSkoll

One thing that has just occurred to me. Farness II (in Iacton Regis' fluff) seemed unnaturally familiar to me - and I finally figured out why. There's a Farness Beta in the Eisenhorn books.

I'm not saying that two planets on different sides of the Imperium can't have the same/similar name (and indeed, with a million worlds, quite a few probably will do), but just thought I'd bring it up.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Interesting - I have read Eisenhorn, but any similarity is unintentional.  When stuck for names I normally just throw together a few letters or syllables and then make it into something pronounceable - it's probably just one of those random coincidences, but there's always the chance I was sub-consciously remembering the novel.
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

MarcoSkoll

Nah, I'm not suggesting that there was a deliberate similarity. I just thought I'd note it in case it was entirely unintentional and something you wanted to adjust.
I've done that a few times - coming up with a name at random, and finding that it's either cryptomnesia (i.e. I've read it somewhere else but forgotten about it) or that someone else got there first.

But that's often what I do for names. Mash the keyboard until a sequence of letters that looks like it could be made pronounceable comes out of it.

Anyway, as regards my entry in the thread...

I haven't named a candidate for two particular reasons. One, it's appropriate to Marco's mentor to not give anything away until he has to. Two, I've yet to figure it out myself! I'm considering writing my own character, but if inspiration doesn't strike, there are options there which seem appropriate.

As for who Miss Kestel is, I think you lot can figure it out. (Obvious hint: It's not her real name.)
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Thanks to Marco, the files from the Spring Conclave are now available online;
http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=683

The most useful file is probably this one which contains all of the NPC contacts I created for the day, and which will hopefully help people in writing up their reports of the days events.

In addition, they can be viewed as a resource describing some of the people, places and conspiracies within the Carthax Sector.   In there you'll find a mix of Inquisitors, nobles, respected members of the Adeptus, wanted heretics, pawns, and other, more mysterious, figures, as well as all manner of plot hooks and ideas for stories and campaigns.  Feel free to use them however you see fit, however don't go killing off Calleia as he's now head of the Conclave and one of my PC/NPCs (and I also plan to build a model for Inquisitrix Novia Fraal, so the same goes for her).  What you see is all the background that exists, so you're free to make up the rest however you choose.

- Dave

Necris

I'm intending a short fiction documenting the trials of Jon Necris as seen through a flash back,

There may also be some surpirses in store for some of you included in the fiction.....

This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Brother_Brimstone

I added my record of how events transpired from Sarthuul's perspective. I hope it isn't too long, or the pictures too large. I don't know how to make them any smaller...

Anyway, if I've done anything wrong, i'm happy to fix it.

Kaled

Calleia is far better at speech writing than I am, so instead you've got Ottokar's heavily edited transcript.  If anyone can think of anything I ought to have included but haven't, let me know and I'll edit my post.

http://www.the-conclave.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=352.msg9182#msg9182

Brother_Brimstone

I decided Sarthuul, being who he is, wouldn't take the fact that he has now been personally identified lying down, so I decided to add a little message, with a response that was in his usual 'style' (i.e. manipulative and with the pretension of a revolutionary). I hope it wasn't too close to IC, but i figured that would be a good thread, as it was the same thread that contained the post which named him.

RobSkib

I thought it would be interesting to steer the investigation into Calleia's attempted assassination in a certain direction - my Inquisitor *is* a highly experienced Ordo Xenos member after all ;)

Oh and Necris, kinda late now, but the link you posted at the bottom of page 3 to your IC post is broken.

An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Necris

Thanks rob fixed it now

those images are great by the way
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

RobSkib

Cheers, they were for my drawing and comp ICA, they were a bit rushed though as I did them at the last minute. I'll try and patch them up a bit over summer, I also intend to continue the story somewhat, or at least chart some of my Inquisitor's other shenanigans on his own personal crusade.
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Heroka Vendile

I've just realised, I don't think there's been any explanation anywhere as to what exactly the Graveel Hegemony actually is. Or was this deliberate Dave?
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Kaled

Yeah, I've no idea what it is - it was just something I wrote on the contact card for Calleia, one of many plot hooks I came up with while creating all those characters.  I've had a few thoughts about what it may be, but Holiad's characters are now running the cabal (as he won the Spring Conclave) so I'm more than happy for him to decide.

Brother_Brimstone

I've added a little prologue to the events which occured as a result of the games played in the Mancunian Conclave thread. It just explains how both Zophar and Sarthuul escaped and were reunited, but I also thought it was a good opportunity to expand upon the nature of the bond between Zophar and Sarthuul, through showing what it's like for Zophar when he is not under Sarthuul's influence (and what happens to him when he gets Sarthuul back). Anyway, I decided to tell the story from both Zophar's and Willie's points of view in order to get a better overview of exactly what happened.

Brother_Brimstone

I apologise for the double post, but seeing as this is about a different matter to my last post it seemed a bit odd to try and add it on as an edit.

I just wanted to say that I read Marco's report and thoroughly enjoyed it - i wanted to thank you on how you handled Willie's explosion. Humourous, but allowing for his return, it was nicely done.

Anyway, i hope that doesn't sound too sycophantic; but i feel it's always pleasant when others show that they appreciate one's effort.