Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave - Discussion

Started by Kaled, November 17, 2009, 05:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macabre

If you decode this then I salute you. I've not made it easy.

The Black Helix returns......
++Believe the lie. Trust no one++

RobSkib

Photobucket resizes big pictures, I can't read the writing, it's too small for my wasted eyes :(
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Macabre

I know, and I can't resize it to true size. My advice is to save it and view it in fax viewer in actual size.....

EDIT: Photobucket sucks, I've redesigned a more readable copy......

MarcoSkoll

The post I've just dumped in the main thread is for if I do end up using Frost at the Spring Conclave - so you know what the Imperium actually knows about the mercenary, and what your characters might reasonably know in advance.

Those who are familiar with my characters will know that Frost is not male (as the IC post says), but that's what Imperial reports think anyway - whether the mistake is a result of sheer confusion or someone actually manipulating the data... I'm not telling you. ;)

So, once again, my "in character" information has included quite a lot of nonsense. ;D
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

Out of curiousity, did anyone ever do anything with Macabre's code?
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Macabre

I think its beaten everyone *insert evil laugh here*

Kaled

Has it beaten everyone?  Or is it that no one has given it a go?  I was surprised there wasn't any debate about it - when you've posted these things in the past there was a fair amount of discussion.  I considered giving it a try, but I've got enough other projects to be going on with...

MarcoSkoll

I never actually tried. I'm usually reasonable at cipher breaking*, but sometimes I'm just not up for trying... and then when I actually would be, I forget it's there to be done.

Looking again, I notice there are number of consecutive number pairs (even a triple). Not sure yet whether this is the result of the cipher used, or simply the underlying plaintext. I'll look at it over the next few days and see if I can crack any of it.

I'm just hoping it's not the same level of evil as the ciphers I write...

GW's =I= articles

Necris

I tried it and got bored, I always do with codes and ciphers...
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Adlan

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on February 10, 2010, 09:19:11 PM
Has it beaten everyone?  Or is it that no one has given it a go? 

personally, i'm no good at codes and such; beat it till it works or needs replacing!
hence RPing alot of high SG characters; complete opposite to me :D
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: greenstuff_gav on February 11, 2010, 10:49:08 PMhence RPing alot of high SG characters; complete opposite to me
Last time I took a Sg test, I got 79.

I is an jenius.

GW's =I= articles

Necris

Quote from: Adlan on February 11, 2010, 09:06:33 PM
Is this Adelaide Niska....?

No that would be firefly.....

But I admit that's where the surname in part comes from it's also a play on a much earlier character by the name of Liska who was similar to what Niska will be

Kaled

The candidates listed in this post are ones described in the Player Pack for the Spring Conclave.  As I've mentioned elsewhere, players do not have to support someone from this shortlist, and it'd be really good if some players decided to put their own player characters or NPCs forward as candidates.  Also, during the course of the day players are likely to meet other NPC Inquisitors who they may wish to support.

In case you were wondering, some of the candidates have mysterious pasts with the intention that they can be used as plot hooks by players - so if someone turns up to the Spring Conclave with a Chaos warband (for example) they may want to write that Ze Thiago is in fact an agent of disorder who has infiltrated the Conclave.  The characters listed have no background other than what is written here (although since I've made a model of Calleia, he may get more in future).

In the run up the the event it's probably best if people keep things fairly vague when writing about the candidates (unless you plan to support one of your own PCs/NPCs in the election).  This is especially the case where the plot hooks I've inserted into the character backgrounds are concerned.  Once the event is over I'll be looking for the winning player to write up something on whoever becomes Inquisitor Lord to tell us what his story is, what his policies might be, and so on...

Necris

The model almost makes we want to side against Calleia just to see what he does to try and regain the lordship

after all even a taste of power can have a changing effect