Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave - Discussion

Started by Kaled, November 17, 2009, 05:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Evening all,

This thread has been created to discuss goings on in the 'Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave' so as to avoid cluttering up that thread with out-of-character discussions.

I've reposted the guidelines for the thread below, but no one is going to be enforcing them - the idea is to encourage people to post, not to bog them down with rules.

As discussed here, the 'Chronicles of the Carthaxian Conclave' thread is a place for people to record the exploits of their characters as they use them in games.  Feel free to post your reports in any style you like (inquisitorial reports, transcribed vox records, short pieces of fiction etc), but please try to stick to the following guidelines;

• Reports should be kept short - a few hundred words at most.  If you want to post longer pieces of fiction about your characters, then the 'In Character' sub-forum is probably a more appropriate place.  Feel free to hyperlink to your fiction from this thread or the main one.
  • Longer battle reports should likewise have their own thread in the 'In the Field' sub-forum which can be linked to from here or the main thread.
  • Detailed character backgrounds and stats should be posted in the 'Inquisitor Rules Discussion' sub-forum, but again, may be linked to from here or the main thread (especially if you are looking for feedback).
  • Please avoid posting commentary on games in the main thread - I've created this thread for discussing your characters exploits.
  • To keep loading times to a minimum, please hyperlink to photos rather than posting them in this or the main thread.
  • The Chronicles thread is for records of character exploits in games (primarily of Inquisitor and Dark Heresy) - pure online roleplaying should be kept to the 'In Character' sub-forum

I've created an outline for a sector as a starting point, but don't feel you have to use it if you want to set your games elsewhere.  Feel free to create (and destroy!) and worlds, characters or institutions needed for your games, but please refrain from interfering with anything created by someone else (unless you have their permission).  Remember you're telling the story of your characters, not that of your opponent's.  So for example, your character can declare he believes that an opposing character is a heretic, but don't declare that your opponent's character has been declared Excommunicate Hereticus by the Carthaxian Conclave and is being hunted across the Imperium (unless, of course, your opponent agrees).

Likewise while it's fine to despose a sub-sector governor, execute a heretical cardinal, or destroy the odd planet; don't take it so far as to do things that would affect other people's stories.  So don't kill off the entire sector government and plunge it into chaos, or assassinate the head of the Carthaxian Conclave etc.  My plan is that some of these larger events can be played out at things like the Spring Conclave.  For example, I have an idea for a one day campaign based on the politics and intrigue surrounding Lord Grolin's death and the race to succeed him.

Finally, try not to worry about inconsistencies and contradictions - after all, Everything you have been told is a lie.

Be seeing you
- Dave
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kaled

Now that I reread some of what I posted, I believe that some of it was written by Necris when we discussed this idea a while ago, so this is just to give him the credit he deserves.

MarcoSkoll

As I was trying to avoid cluttering up the original thread, I'll register my support for this idea here.

Tying the games together in this kind of fashion creates a wonderful web of relationships between dozens of different characters, elevating games from just "out of continuity" one-offs up into something much more representative of the vast and intricate battle for the Emperor's Soul.

I'd love to get involved... ideally at the IGT, of course, but that is still dependent on being able to shift things around.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Discy

I'm definately going to be contributing to this thread ;D
Now, to paint some proper figures, find an opponent, and, oh yeah, remember how to play...
Beep if you love muties!

Kaled

Just to mix things up a little I figured I'd throw in a short piece of fiction I wrote about the aftermath of the Hastor Incident...

RobSkib

Good to see this project off the ground, I shall be watching these threads like a hawk. What I'm going to do (and as a suggestion to others), whenever I first mention a character in a thread I will hyperlink to a most recent picture, just to help with remembering so many names!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Quote from: RobSkib on November 24, 2009, 02:35:17 PM
whenever I first mention a character in a thread I will hyperlink to a most recent picture, just to help with remembering so many names!
That's a good idea - when I find time I think I'll go back and do that with the things I've already posted.

Necris

Thanks Kaled

I think I'll pop on over and fill in some bits about Necris I may even do a similar thing to Kaled's fiction on the aftermath of Hastor.
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kaled

My hope is that this thread will hot up a bit after the IGT - I plan to post short reports on the activities of my characters in the games I play on the day.

Also, what I'll probably do is post the names of my characters and a few details on the scenario I GM on here after the IGT, so people can prefer to them if need be in their 'reports'.  It'd be useful if other people could do the same.  I suggest this so as to reduce the need to take notes on the day as it's usually pretty hectic with a lot of games and other activities taking place.

In fact, next week I might post a short report as an intro to the game I plan to run...

RobSkib

My gaming buddies and I usually have a game weekly, so there won't be a shortage of posts from me for a while!
An Inquisitor walks into a bar - he rolls D100 to see if he hits it.
                                     +++++++
Gallery of my Inquisitor models here.

Kaled

Excellent - are any of your buddies on here?  It'd be good to see reports on the same events from different perspectives.

Also, I'm sure Rob isn't the only one who plays fairly regularly - please everyone feel free to add to this thread, even if you're new here and are just starting out with the game.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on December 03, 2009, 05:58:25 PMI suggest this so as to reduce the need to take notes on the day as it's usually pretty hectic with a lot of games and other activities taking place.
What I tend to do for games is leave a digital dictaphone running next to the table. No worries about having to take notes, and I can just go back through it afterwards if I should be too hazy about any particular detail.

If recorded at a low quality mono (all that's really needed), you can store an unbelievable amount of conversation digitally. I've got a DVD somewhere that I save the sound files on to. There's a couple of dozen games saved on there, and I don't think I'm even into double digit percentages on disk use.

You can sometimes find someone who's fussy about being recorded, but no plan is perfect.

GW's =I= articles

Kaled

For me that would be far too much material to work through.  I generally just want a few notes of character names and the most important events as an aide memoire for when I get home.  I know though that given the fact that the IGT tends to be a bit more hectic than most events I probably won't manage to make many notes (most of the time I forget to even take photos), and I don't want to slow things down by taking notes when I should be playing.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Kaled on December 03, 2009, 08:01:41 PMFor me that would be far too much material to work through.
It is quite a lot of information, but for the small amount of data space it demands, the inability to miss details and removing the need to keep notes, I think it's not a bad option.

Not for everyone, but it works well enough for me.

GW's =I= articles

greenstuff_gav

Quote from: Kaled on December 03, 2009, 08:01:41 PM
(most of the time I forget to even take photos), and I don't want to slow things down by taking notes when I should be playing.

's the problem i have :(
plus i only ever play Inq at the conclave meets  :'(
i make no apologies, i warned you my ability to roll ones was infectious...

Build Your Imagination