Main Menu

News:

If you are having problems registering, please e-mail theconclaveforum at gmail.com

Spring Conclave 2010

Started by Kaled, December 21, 2009, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaled

Hmmm, a volcano is pretty good as excuses go!

Going by the BBC, airports in the north could be open tomorrow morning, with the rest of the country maybe following later in the day.  Here's hoping...
I like to remember things my own way... Not necessarily the way they happened.

Inquisitor - Blood Bowl - Malifaux - Fairy Meat

Kaled

Morning all,

With the Spring Conclave now just a few days away, I figured it was time for a quick reminder - registration will start at 10am, then there'll be an introductory briefing and gaming will start at 10:30.

As well as your characters and all the usual gaming paraphernalia, it would also be worth bringing the odd model who can act as an NPC (a guard and/or a mysterious contact if you have one would be perfect).

It would also be worth spending a little time figuring out you character's motivations as regards the succession, and who they might support (or you can wing it and figure that out on the day!).

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I am expecting experienced players to each GM one game during the day, so please come prepared. I will supply some basic scenarios, but you are free to modify them as you see fit (or even to discard them altogether). There will also be the option to play games without a GM so everyone can play.

I look forwards to seeing you all on Saturday.

- Dave

Kaled

Sorry for the double (or is it triple?) post, I'm having to do this from my phone...

One thing I forgot in the above message - those people who have pre-ordered pizza will have to pay me on the day, and I'll make one payment at the bar. I'm unlikely to have much, if any, change so would appreciate it if you could attempt to bring the exact money.

Brother_Brimstone

The only models i have outside of my warband are WIPs - they've been built but not painted properly. Is it worth bringing them, or will there be enough brought by others to mean  they're not needed?

Also. other than dice, rulebook, character sheets and models; is there anything else i'll need to bring for the game?

Looking forward to saturday, should be good.

Kaled

None of the scenarios need more than one NPC (except the final one, and the necessary NPCs are already sorted for that), so we don't need many - I imagine other people will bring some painted NPC models, but you can bring your WIPs to show us if you want.

The only reason a game would need more NPCs is if someone makes up their own scenario that needs more.

Necris

Dave did I order a pizza?

and how much is it?
This here is my very favourite gun...I call her rita.

The Order of the Iron Rose - Necris' Inq28 Plog

Kaled

Yes, you did order a pizza, a ham & pineapple one.

They're £6.95 each.

Necris

cool I shall have £7 for you on Saturday  ;D

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: Brother_Brimstone on April 21, 2010, 12:35:56 PMAlso. other than dice, rulebook, character sheets and models; is there anything else i'll need to bring for the game?
A tape measure and a copy of the quick reference sheet wouldn't be a bad bet.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Necris

crud I need a new tape measure

Kaled

Also, don't forget to bring cameras - and more importantly, don't forget to use them!

precinctomega

Minis are all done!  Character sheets are done!

.... and I have a BIG surprise to bring with me.  ;D

R.

MarcoSkoll

Quote from: precinctomega on April 22, 2010, 04:24:48 PM.... and I have a BIG surprise to bring with me.
It had better not be a sack of parsnips. While certainly both big and surprising, they do not make for good gaming table food.
S.Sgt Silva Birgen: "Good evening, we're here from the Adeptus Defenestratus."
Captain L. Rollin: "Nonsense. Never heard of it."
Birgen: "Pick a window. I'll demonstrate".

GW's =I= articles

Heroka Vendile

they would however make good stand-ins for the Killer Doom Vegetables of Vegaisle IX  :P
It's all fun and games until someone shoots their own guy with a Graviton gun instead of the MASSIVE SPIDER.
The Order of Krubal
Rewards Of The Enemy

Brother_Brimstone

Expect Wicked Willie's model to be slightly different from the last post on here. He's been..... upgraded. Did someone say 'armed to the teeth?' :D